PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the Abilene Cooper job?

VWG
01-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Any info. out there?
Sandifer, Jackson, etc..... who are the guys in the running?

STANG RED
01-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Third hopeful interviews for Cooper coaching job
By Troy Shockley / Reporter-News Staff Writer
January 13, 2006

The Cooper coach hunt may be drawing to a close.

In his second interview of the week, Cooper High School principal Gail Gregg met with Jim Taylor on Thursday. It was the third interview held for the position of head football coach and athletic director, a job left open with Gregg's reassignment of Marty Secord in November.

Taylor is currently the head football coach and athletic director at Class 4A New Caney High School, north of Houston.

''We both started at Temple some 20 years ago,'' Gregg said. ''I've know him, known of him and have watched him now for 20-something years.''

Taylor spent 12 seasons at Temple and was there when the school won its second state championship. He spent several years at Dublin, then, before taking the job in New Caney.

Gregg said Taylor isn't one to send his resume at every opportunity, and that while he has a good situation in New Caney, this is a job he's always kept his eye on.

There's still one more candidate with his eye on the job, too, and Gregg is planning to go through the interview process once more today.

Whichever man is tabbed as Secord's successor, he will have a few spots to fill on his staff. Scott Wells is already gone, and Scott Forester has turned in his resignation, effective next Friday. Wells has moved on to Springtown near Fort Worth, while Forester will be headed to Fort Worth Brewer.

A third assistant coach, Chris Gatlin, is also expected to leave, Gregg said, and will return to Louisiana.

After today's interview, Gregg said he plans to take a good look at the four. While he wouldn't say he is definitely calling off the search after the fourth interview, he said that is a possibility.

''I think probably at some time between the play, the soccer tournament and the stock show, I'll lay everything out and see where I am,'' Gregg said. ''I think I'll be able to make a decision this weekend.''

Adidas410s
01-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Sandifer is no longer being mentioned as a finalist for the job. The other two finalists are the coach at Daingerfield and the OL coach @ U of Houston. There is a 4th finalist they are about to talk about on TV...

Adidas410s
01-13-2006, 11:26 PM
the 4th coach is Coach York of Corrigan-Camden

Milk That Cow
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Coach Todd York WAS at Corrigan Camden...

He is now at Terrell High School...

Adidas410s
01-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Coach Todd York WAS at Corrigan Camden...

He is now at Terrell High School...

i was wondering because the TB never said where he was now...just that he was at C-C in 2002.