PDA

View Full Version : Hey Spurs Fans!

Phil C
01-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Are you alarmed that the Detroit Pistons swept us during the regular season this year?

TheDOCTORdre
01-13-2006, 04:12 PM
spurs fans should be alarmed cuz even tho the Spurs are the defending Champs the road to the NBA title goes through mo-town

Macarthur
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
spurs fans should be alarmed cuz even tho the Spurs are the defending Champs the road to the NBA title goes through mo-town

That statement makes no sense, especially given the fact that the Spurs have won 3 of the last 7. Hasn't Detroit only won 1?:hand:

To answer the question, I see the Spurs as a team that is certainly not playing with playoff intensity right now. They are winning, but this is a team that lives for the playoffs; not mid-January. If the Spurs and the Pistons end up in the finals, it will be a good one.

Maroon87
01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't recall seeing the Larry O'Brien Trophy being awarded to the Pistons after their win last night. Seems like the Spurs still have as good or better shot to win the NBA title as anyone, Detroit included.:cool:

Gobbla2001
01-13-2006, 07:47 PM
The thing is that Detroit is 'as' good as last year... They're not beating the Spurs just because the Spurs are not playing with 'playoff intensity', they're beating them because they are a very good team this year, and are playing as better as last year...

HOWEVER.gov, by the time the playoffs roll around the Spurs will be a lot better than they were during the first half of the regular season, as it has been with every Spurs team the last 8, 9 or so years... Heck, last year the Pistons looked like they were taking over the Finals series from the Spurs but of course the Spurs had the last word, which they have right now, AKA: Champs...

The Spurs have always had an above average 'bench', this year they have an above the 'level of 1/2 of the teams in the NBA with their starters' bench... If the guys on the team NOW had won it all last year and were back this year, they would be killing everyone... Once this ball gets rolling, it'll take a damn good team to stop it, and will take 7 games... Detroit could be that team come finals, I admit, but as the past has proven, the regular season doesn't mean JACK to the Spurs minus getting to the playoffs... after that, it's a whole different team... And this year with the additions of Finley and Van, including a MUCH improved Whatever-The-Tall-White-Foreign-Guy's name is (I know how to ssay it, just never learned how to spell it), which allows Nazi to come off the bench more, this team will be really dangerous come playoff time...

Is there a Detroit Piston fan talking mess on this thread? ha... All I gotta say is "4-3 in '05... San AntonioOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo SpSpSpSpSpSpSpSPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSsssssssss
"....

Gobbla2001
01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Also, once Ginobili is healthy, and Tony Parker's girlfriend stops mouthing off to bike-cops, it'll be a lot better than last year...

Maroon87
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey Gobbla...I think you mean Nesterovic.

Gobbla2001
01-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Hey Gobbla...I think you mean Nesterovic. BTW your buddy Roy from the Pig says "Hi"...:p :D

Yes, that Rajo, Rasho, Rashirio, Rashnanajo, Rashins Nesterovic guy...

ROY? Roy? Where, you him? If so ***??? If not, I return the favor...

Maroon87
01-13-2006, 07:58 PM
No, I'm DEFINITELY not Roy. He's a CalCat hater. I read the SAPD report on that Parker/Eva Longoria incident a few days ago on the Smoking Gun. For a girl from CC who went to A&I, she thinks she's pretty hot stuff. She's good looking, but give me break...

Gobbla2001
01-13-2006, 08:02 PM
I think Roy hates everyone team in the state he is not involved in, but has great insite on the side... Great poster I tangled with when I was 15 (or he tangled with me, whichever), but it all cleared up in the end...