PDA

View Full Version : Trade proposal for the Texans....

worldbfree
01-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Here is my two cents on what the Texans should do:

1. Draft Reggie Bush

2. Trade Bush for picks/players to whoever drafts Lindel White

3. Trade Dominick Davis to Arizona fro JJ Arrington and a draft pick

Phil C
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM
I even have a much better idea. Draft Vince Young as the future QB.

HighSchool Fan
01-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by worldbfree
Here is my two cents on what the Texans should do:

1. Draft Reggie Bush

2. Trade Bush for picks/players to whoever drafts Lindel White

3. Trade Dominick Davis to Arizona fro JJ Arrington and a draft pick

so you want to get lindel white and jj arrington? do the wise thing and trade the pic and draft a stud offensive lineman.

the worse thing that can happen is for VY to go to houston. he will be behind the worst OL in football and in the end his hometown will start to blame him for the team's shortcomings.

Stretch04
01-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I even have a much better idea. Draft Vince Young as the future QB.

That's fine and let him get beat to death like Carr because their oline lets people through like a screen door full of holes.

Phil C
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
The Texans will have a dynamic new coach that will get Vince receivers and blockers and runners. Plus he will build up a new defense. Young can play behind Carr a couple of years while they get the blockers. Remember O.J. didn't have a good line in Bufallo for his first two years but they got him some blockers then he really did great. The Cowboys built around Aikman when they got him even though he got beat up two years bad but Young can ride the bench a couple of years while we get our players. But we must not let Young get away from us. Come on Texans! Draft Young!

HighSchool Fan
01-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Texans will have a dynamic new coach that will get Vince receivers and blockers and runners. Plus he will build up a new defense. Young can play behind Carr a couple of years while they get the blockers. Remember O.J. didn't have a good line in Bufallo for his first two years but they got him some blockers then he really did great. The Cowboys built around Aikman when they got him even though he got beat up two years bad but Young can ride the bench a couple of years while we get our players. But we must not let Young get away from us. Come on Texans! Draft Young!

do you not realize there is a thing called the salary cap in the NFL? if your gonna invest over 20 million dollars into 2 qb's how are you gonna pay for everyone else?

JHS_c/o_06'
01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
they need to trade carr for some linemen, and draft vince.

EAGLETOWN
01-13-2006, 11:46 PM
That is what I say.

Don't miss out on giving a Hometown Boy a chance to make it big is his town.

He will take pride in helping the Texans win a Super Bowl.

Get VY and trade Carr for Ricky Williams and picks for next year.

Lets do what Mack is doing and try to keep as many Texas football players in Texas as possible.

After all they are called the "TEXANS"!

Leopards,class of 75
01-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
That is what I say.

Don't miss out on giving a Hometown Boy a chance to make it big is his town.

He will take pride in helping the Texans win a Super Bowl.

Get VY and trade Carr for Ricky Williams and picks for next year.

Lets do what Mack is doing and try to keep as many Texas football players in Texas as possible.

After all they are called the "TEXANS"! well said, I could not agree with you more!!!

MtnAg
01-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
so you want to get lindel white and jj arrington? do the wise thing and trade the pic and draft a stud offensive lineman.

the worse thing that can happen is for VY to go to houston. he will be behind the worst OL in football and in the end his hometown will start to blame him for the team's shortcomings.

High School Fan

Didnt you make the statement in another post that "a good QB makes his players better. did RN do that?" If this is the case it shouldnt matter what kind of O line they have or players for that mattter when VY shows up they should become a contender.

HighSchool Fan
01-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by MtnAg
High School Fan

Didnt you make the statement in another post that "a good QB makes his players better. did RN do that?" If this is the case it shouldnt matter what kind of O line they have or players for that mattter when VY shows up they should become a contender.

yes i did. answer this, is VY a good NFL QB?

MtnAg
01-14-2006, 10:21 AM
But he hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. So who knows. There is no such thing as a sure thing. Does he have talent and ability to be a great player at the next level? yes! But he has to prove himself first.

I myself think that the Texans should draft him and trade car for what they need on th O line. But thats just my opinion.

HighSchool Fan
01-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MtnAg
But he hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. So who knows. There is no such thing as a sure thing. Does he have talent and ability to be a great player at the next level? yes! But he has to prove himself first.

I myself think that the Texans should draft him and trade car for what they need on th O line. But thats just my opinion.

if you trade carr you better trade him now, you can't keep him for to much longer. his roster bonus is due in short time. once he gets that bonus, you can't trade him because of the salary cap.