PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville

HighSchool Fan
01-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Looks like they lost their 1st coach already. Reports have the OC, Phil Young, as being the next HC at Cleburne. it wouldn't suprise me to see a completely new staff at Gainesville next season.

Gobbla2001
01-13-2006, 01:24 PM
May be hard to see right now, but it could be a good thing in the future... I bet people will be all over these jobs...

44INAROW
01-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.. When we were looking for a new AD/HC a few years back, and a certain un-named coach accepted the position and the next day or two "unaccepted" the position and many of us thought that was going to "be terrible" but it ended up being a blessing = we ended up with a great coach who came to town and turned things around.

sweetwater07
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Looks like they lost their 1st coach already. Reports have the OC, Phil Young, as being the next HC at Cleburne. it wouldn't suprise me to see a completely new staff at Gainesville next season.

I moved from Cleburne and when i lived there they might have had 3 wins in three seasons....bout time for a new HC

GreenMonster
01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
I moved from Cleburne and when i lived there they might have had 3 wins in three seasons....bout time for a new HC

I can guarantee Cleburne's problems are not coach related. Mickey Finley is as good as they come. He has won everywhere he's been except Cleburne. He just spent 3 years and had only 2 wins I believe. He's a good one though, if you don't believe me ask the Cuero folks, Mickey had a good run down there a few years ago.

44INAROW
01-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I can guarantee Cleburne's problems are not coach related. Mickey Finley is as good as they come. He has won everywhere he's been except Cleburne. He just spent 3 years and had only 2 wins I believe. He's a good one though, if you don't believe me ask the Cuero folks, Mickey had a good run down there a few years ago.

yep - I was going to reply earlier to this and got busy, but GM took care of it for me. I also know some of the assistant coaches that were/are in Cleburne and they are good ones. Sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons and sometimes you just get nasty tasting water..(I'm sure that will go right over some people's head but oh well, I understand what I am saying) :D :D

Matthew328
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Cleburne was 3-7 last year but they were MUCH improved....lost at least 3 games by less than a TD including a 15-14 loss to Everman.....Finley did a great job there....lots of problems in the community IMO...that place has a proud football history....the athletes are still there....they have a great RB named Jamel Gruver who is being recruited by all the big time schools...