PDA

View Full Version : The 110th Edition of the...

BullFrog Dad
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
...Southwestern Exposition & Livestock Show in Fort Worth starts tomorrow. My daughter is going to show her wether on 1-28-06. We're excited!

Bullaholic
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
...Southwestern Exposition & Livestock Show in Fort Worth starts tomorrow. My daughter is going to show her wether on 1-28-06. We're excited!

Best of Luck to her, BFDad. It's great to see these kids make the investment in time and effort that goes into 4-H competition, and reap the rewards for their efforts.

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Congrats and Good Luck!!!

STANG RED
01-12-2006, 12:46 PM

I've shown pigs, lambs, and cattle. But I have never shown a wether. What is a wether?

BullFrog Dad
01-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've shown pigs, lambs, and cattle. But I have never shown a wether. What is a wether? It's a castrated goat. She'll be showing as a member of the LW FFA. Thanx everyone for the encouragement!

STANG RED
01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
It's a castrated goat. She'll be showing as a member of the LW FFA. Thanx everyone for the encouragement!

Oh, OK! I learned something today.
Born and raised on a ranch, and 4 years of FFA, and I didnt know that. My dad would get a couple of goats every summer and stake them out around the house to keep the grass cut down. We would move them every day. It was great not having to mow, but I hated it when one was staked out by my window on a Saturday morning. No sleeping late that day! They make one helluva annoying alarm clock.
We never showed any of those, but we sure ate many of them.

slpybear the bullfan
01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Cabrito Tamales!!!! MMMMMmmmmmm!

STANG RED
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Cabrito Tamales!!!! MMMMMmmmmmm!

DANG RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

44INAROW
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've shown pigs, lambs, and cattle. But I have never shown a wether. What is a wether?

thanks for asking.. I too learned something new today..

Wish her much luck in the show :)