PDA

View Full Version : Oprah Winfrey

Bullaholic
01-12-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just not an Oprah Winfrey fan. It is growing tiresome to watch this woman defend every action she takes just because it bears the Oprah Winfrey stamp of approval---"If Oprah likes it-- it must be good syndrome." The latest flap over the authenticity of "Million Little Pieces" is a case in point. Oprah will not admit that she "goofed", and join the ranks of those who realize that this book was nothing but mostly fiction. I remember years ago when the mad cow disease scare was running rampant. Oprah cautioned her audience to quit eating beef when there not was not one single case of confirmed mad cow disease in the U.S. and a few Texas cattlemen sued her because of the overwhelming potential detrimental effect that her words were having on the beef industry. Well, Oprah gathers up her high-priced legal team amid much fanfare, and flys down to Amarillo to put these cattlemen in their "place" by getting the case dismissed because they dared try to preserve their livlihood. This woman possesses the "pen-ultimate" ego and uses it like a bludgeon daily on the American public. BTW--the fact that Oprah Winfrey is a very successful black woman celebrity and businesswoman has nothing to do with my feelings about her actions.

44INAROW
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
I quit watching Oprah when she DEMANDED that WE OWE AN APOLOGY to the folks in New Orleans after the Katrina disaster. Sympathy and compassion maybe, but I don't owe them anything.

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
OPRAH: KMA

Maroon87
01-12-2006, 12:28 PM
My wife thinks Oprah hung the moon. :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
My wife thinks Oprah hung the moon. :rolleyes:

funny, so does oprah.

3afan
01-12-2006, 12:32 PM
hey, the women have Oprah, the men have Moe, Larry & Curley

the men win

Maroon87
01-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

the men win

....and Blue Collar Comedy.:cool:

44INAROW
01-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
funny, so does oprah.

lol funny

I saw a promo that Kenye West or whatever the heck his name is, is going to be on her show Monday - guess they can stroke each other.......... :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
....and Blue Collar Comedy.:cool:

they just dont appeal to me. Latin Kings with George Lopez and Paul Rodriguez and the Original Kings with Bernie Mac and Ced the Entertainer is just HILARIOUS

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lol funny

I saw a promo that Kenye West or whatever the heck his name is, is going to be on her show Monday - guess they can stroke each other.......... :rolleyes:

Hear his song "Hey Mama" and "Roses" and opinions might change.

STANG RED
01-12-2006, 12:38 PM
The woman has done alot of good in alot of areas. But she has certainly made her fair share of goofs as well. Unfortunatly, some people take every word she says as the absolute gospel. It saves them the time and effort of having to think and make informed decisions on their own. Personally, I really like to listen to Bill O'Reilly, but I dont take everything he says as the absolute authority on any subject.

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The woman has done alot of good in alot of areas. But she has certainly made her fair share of goofs as well. Unfortunatly, some people take every word she says as the absolute gospel. It saves them the time and effort of having the think and make informed decisions on their own. Personally, I really like to listen to Bill O'Reilly, but I dont take everything he says as the absolute authority on any subject.

bill o'reilly has a personal vendetta against hip hop music. i cant stand the guy. he got ludacris' pepsi add pulled... im waitin on him to try and get Kanye's pulled...

STANG RED
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
bill o'reilly has a personal vendetta against hip hop music. i cant stand the guy. he got ludacris' pepsi add pulled... im waitin on him to try and get Kanye's pulled...

I dont think it is hip hop that he has a problem with. It is that thug filled rap crap that many of us have lots of problems with, that he also has a problem with.

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont think it is hip hop that he has a problem with. It is that thug filled rap crap that many of us have lots of problems with, that he also has a problem with.

i have a problem with songs being proclaimed great that promote drinkin yourself into oblivion to drown away the sorrows of your life that country music does, but i dont really make it a point to say anything about it. if you follow hip hop music, you know what im talkin about. if you are an oreilly follower.. my condolences

44INAROW
01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
they just dont appeal to me. Latin Kings with George Lopez and Paul Rodriguez and the Original Kings with Bernie Mac and Ced the Entertainer is just HILARIOUS

I am a big George Lopez fan.. I TIVO his sitcom each week and try to catch any show he's on.. What was the name of that movie with Paul Rodriguez when he won the Lottery? That was a good one

Hear his song "Hey Mama" and "Roses" and opinions might change.

I'll listen - I never really listened to his music, just his interviews (which turned me off) , but I'll give the music a chance

football4life
01-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Thank goodness there are other oprah haters. I can't stand how my girlfriend absolutely worships the woman, and if it's on, there will be no conversation. Yea she does a lot of good, but she takes advantage of her fans' belief in her as almost immortal, and can't see/admit some of her own flaws.

lepfan
Originally posted by 3afan

the men win

Pretty sad isn't it? ;)

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by football4life
Thank goodness there are other oprah haters. I can't stand how my girlfriend absolutely worships the woman, and if it's on, there will be no conversation. Yea she does a lot of good, but she takes advantage of her fans' belief in her as almost immortal, and can't see/admit some of her own flaws.

i have come to believe she thinks she is above the world...

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Pretty sad isn't it? ;)

i have Tony Reali, Woody Paige, Jay Marrioti, Skip Bayless, and Jim Rome :D

lepfan
01-12-2006, 12:46 PM
i have come to believe she thinks she is above the world... Along with many others!!!!!

JasperDog94
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm glad my wife finally came to her senses. She may watch an occasional episode, but she no longer tapes and watches each and every episode.

What great moral character she has. Live with your parter, but never get married. What a great example to millions of women.:rolleyes:

spiveyrat
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

What great moral character she has. Live with your parter, but never get married. What a great example to millions of women.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's just totally bizarre. :thinking:

SintonFan
01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm glad my wife finally came to her senses. She may watch an occasional episode, but she no longer tapes and watches each and every episode.

A pre-requisite toward marriage should be the answer to the "Oprah" question.
In a casual manner the guys ask, "So what do think of Oprah?"
If she answers with something like "She's too uppity for me" or "Oprah? I don't watch her show" then she's prolly a keeper.
If she answers with a resounding "I LOVE OPRAH!!!", RUN, RUN AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN!!! Get out while you can.

pirate44
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
sounds like everythings been said already. but im with the majority

JasperDog94
01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
A pre-requisite toward marriage should be the answer to the "Oprah" question.
In a casual manner the guys ask, "So what do think of Oprah?"
If she answers with something like "She's too uppity for me" or "Oprah? I don't watch her show" then she's prolly a keeper.
If she answers with a resounding "I LOVE OPRAH!!!", RUN, RUN AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN!!! Get out while you can. :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
oh, and by the way, Dr. Phil annoys me too.

Go Cuero
01-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm not a big Oprah fan either. She is just too...well I don't even know what the word is...I admire some of the things she has done in her life but I don't watch her show and I don't think she is God. KWIM? Her show along w/Dr. Phil is just too much of a touchy happy let's all hug and make it better show.

As far as funny, George Lopez is funny IMO and I love Blue Collar Comedy. And Ellen!!

I like Bill O'Rilley - did anyone catch him when he was on Dave Letterman? WOW...that was crazy.

Kenya West - I heard his song "Hey Momma" and I have to say it was pretty good. I can't stand listening to him talk or do interviews but that's only because I don't agree w/him. I have not heard any of his other songs so I can't speak for his other music but the one song I did hear I thought was good.

Gobbla2001
01-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Oprah has done a lot of great things... It's just sad to watch women worship her... She could say "Kill all of your husbands" and the hard-core followers would do it...

I used to watch Bill O'Reily myself, he's a pretty balanced cat... stopped watchin' him when he had Miachel Moore in his hand and all he had to do was squeeze but he let him off easy... he choked big in that interview... All you heard for months was "I've invited him but he won't come, I wanna get him on here and expose it blah blah blah" and as soon as he came on the show Bill took it easy on him... I would have had the guy walkin' out on the interview two minutes after coming in...

Aesculus gilmus
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Maybe her partner is gay. You wouldn't want her involved in a gay marriage, would you?

JasperDog94
01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Maybe her partner is gay. You wouldn't want her involved in a gay marriage, would you? She's living with a man and has been for many, many years.

sweetwater07
01-12-2006, 03:38 PM
oprah would be stupid to marry...no man would stay with her and as far as her wanting to marry....she won't risk losing half of her posessions to a potential divorce.......i wouldn't either if i were her....none the less i cant stand the woman

HPLJ6L
01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Has it come to this? Damn.
Truly a low point in 3aDL history, an Opera thread. Does Basketball suck that much?
Just 29 more weeks until Football.

piratebg
01-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Do we have any ladies here that are a part of her book club? Or guys for that matter?

Bullaholic
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Truly a low point in 3aDL history, an Opera thread. Does Basketball suck that much?

Yup...you guys had better get busy authoring some good football or sports related threads or I'm putting up--"Female Hormone Regulation" next. :D

Aesculus gilmus
01-12-2006, 04:29 PM
She's living with a man and has been for many, many years.

Yeah, I know. That doesn't prove he's not gay, though. At the very least, he's Oprah's "beeyatch" so to speak, as the late Rick James would say.

pero chato
01-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Yeah, I know. That doesn't prove he's not gay, though. At the very least, he's Oprah's "beeyatch" so to speak, as the late Rick James would say.

Well he is Stedman Graham and he played basketball for Hardin-Simmons right here in downtown Abilene. He is not gay, and I'm not even sure they live together.

pirate44
01-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
i couldnt agree more :(

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Do we have any ladies here that are a part of her book club? Or guys for that matter?

Not me and I can honestly say, I can only remember watching her show one time when Tom Cruise was on it. Not sure if I was home sick on that day or what.

She certainly isn't important enough for me to get out the instruction manual and learn to record on my VCR. :kiss: :D

pirate4state
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
I used to watch when she was first on the air with all the juicy Jerry Springer like topics "my boyfriend slept with my mom" type of stuff, but even that was annoying after a few episodes!! :p The only time I'll watch is when Matthew McConaughey is on her show. :inlove: After Tom's last appereance I won't be watching when he is on. :hand:

I'm not a part of her book club, but I do check her list for ideas. :nerd:

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
After Tom's last appereance I won't be watching when he is on. :hand:

lol....I guess you are talking about his interview with Matt Lauer. What a PSYCHO! (there goes that screeching theme music again):D

pirate4state
01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol....I guess you are talking about his interview with Matt Lauer. What a PSYCHO! (there goes that screeching theme music again):D Well there was that, but his jumping up & down & professing his love for Katie Holmes (on Oprah) was distrubing! :hairpunk: