PDA

View Full Version : Canton's Coach Kinne to Baylor?

kaorder1999
01-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Word out of Canton is that he told the kids yesterday he has accepted the LB'ers Coaching Position with the Bears. Can anyone from that area confirm this?

Adidas410s
01-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Word out of Canton is that he told the kids yesterday he has accepted the LB'ers Coaching Position with the Bears. Can anyone from that area confirm this?

he would seriously leave his son's senior year? Man...that's sad

HighSchool Fan
01-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

you have to answer the door of oppurnity when it knocks. if he passes up this chance he may not get another one.

pero chato
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM

I think Briles did the same thing with his son's senior year. Kendall transferred to Frenship(?) when his dad went to TT.

44INAROW
01-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you have to answer the door of oppurnity when it knocks. if he passes up this chance he may not get another one.

I agree HSF - if he is indeed taking the Baylor job, I am sure he thought long and hard over the decision. I wish him the best:)

Adidas410s
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I think Briles did the same thing with his son's senior year. Kendall transferred to Frenship(?) when his dad went to TT.

Yeah Kendall ended up at Frenship and blessed them with their best season on record. I wonder where his son would play football at? Waco High??? Marlin??? China Spring??? This one could get interesting...;)

football4life
01-12-2006, 12:46 PM
You don't think he would possibly stay to finish his senior season? Maybe his mom would stay behind with him or live with a relative.

44INAROW
01-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by football4life
You don't think he would possibly stay to finish his senior season? Maybe his mom would stay behind with him or live with a relative.

that's kinda what I was thinking.. will be interesting to see how this plays out.... wish them the best in whatever they decide to do

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's kinda what I was thinking.. will be interesting to see how this plays out.... wish them the best in whatever they decide to do

honestly though, does it matter where the kid goes to school. He is still going to get a scholarship im sure, based upon his stats :)

mrescape43
01-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah Kendall ended up at Frenship and blessed them with their best season on record. I wonder where his son would play football at? Waco High??? Marlin??? China Spring??? This one could get interesting...;)

I thought Frenship got to the semi's this year for 1st time in school history.I

kaorder1999
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
i remember them getting real deep when briles went there too!

kaorder1999
01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
thats a no brainer for him....canton? d1 Baylor? Hes done a good job at Canton and now its on to bigger and better things. Now its coaching against Texas, and Oklahoma...no more Van's and Brownsboro's!

HPLJ6L
01-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
thats a no brainer for him....canton? d1 Baylor? Hes done a good job at Canton and now its on to bigger and better things. Now its coaching against Texas, and Oklahoma...no more Van's and Brownsboro's!

Definitely won't have to dodge too many Gatorade showers in Waco.

Adidas410s
01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
honestly though, does it matter where the kid goes to school. He is still going to get a scholarship im sure, based upon his stats :)

The system he plays in is very important. Say he ends up in Marlin...their running scheme isn't the ideal system for a passing quarterback.

sahen
01-12-2006, 03:56 PM
This is the rumor on the baylorfans.com website, it has been talked about for about a week or so (even longer if you go back to people saying they wanted him at Baylor, but in the past week or 2 it started to look like it was going to happen)....i have been waiting to post it here until something official was announced, but oh well.....all the indications is that Kinne will be coaching linebackers at Baylor where he played his college ball...I think its a good hire for Baylor, esp considering he is the national HS coach of the year....it should help in recruiting....if we could convince his son to come to Baylor that woudl be great too, he is supposed to be quite the QB I have heard and we could really use that at Baylor, however that is a totally different issue.....anyway, Morris is gettin the former Baylor athletes involved at Baylor, i like it....who would know better how to sell Baylor to a potential recruit than a former athlete? its a good move and we could use some help in recruiting...

hornfan
01-12-2006, 05:59 PM
my guess is that he would play at midway that is where morris' daughter goes to school and that offense that midway runs would fit him perfectly because they run the spread. And they would be living in the midway school district most likely because it is the nicer part of town just my 2 cents

sahen
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
its official now, Kinne Sr. is a Bear again

http://baylorbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011206aab.html