PDA

View Full Version : Texas and LSU fans try to rub it in with billboard

Buccaneer
01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Texas and LSU fans try to rub it in with billboard
By John Bridges | Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 01:26 PM

An enterprising LSU grad and Dallas resident doesn’t want USC fans and Los Angeles residents to forget what happened at the Rose Bowl.

The Tiger alum is raising money through his Web site onepeat.com to place a billboard in Los Angeles that asks the not-so-friendly question:

“Shouldn’t dynasties win more than one?”

The question is a reference to all the talk about USC’s football dynasty. LSU fans have objected whenever USC’s 2003 national championship has been mentioned, noting that the Tigers won that year’s BCS championship game. USC finished No. 3 in the 2003 BCS rankings but was voted national champ by the Associated Press media poll. And, of course, USC’s try for a third straight national title (or second, if you prefer) was thwarted by the Longhorns on Jan. 4 in the Rose Bowl, leaving the Trojans with one BCS trophy to show for their three-year “dynasty.”

The wise guy at onepeat.com reports raising $964 so far for the billboard. He estimates he needs $10,000 for a one-month billboard rental in L.A.

pirate4state
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/08/52/33/image_2133528.jpg :clap:

football4life
01-11-2006, 04:54 PM
haha. I like it. but would that even be allowed to stay up there? I'm sure there would be a few million people in the area who would get pissed.

STANG RED
01-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by football4life
haha. I like it. but would that even be allowed to stay up there? I'm sure there would be a few million people in the area who would get pissed.

I dont know. I'm sure there are as many USC haters in California, as there are Texas U. haters in Texas. They were probably getting as sick of hearing all that USC crap as we were. UCLA folks are probably still having fun with it, I imagine.

RMAC
01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I can't wait for "The Big One" when after it's all over, California falls off into the Pacific Ocean, then The Senate votes them out of this great nation in a 98-2 vote, with the 2 nay votes being from the 2 Californian Senators. Oh, that'll be the day.

SWMustang
01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
If only California was the only State full of loons. Ever been toWashington state..

Gobbla2001
01-11-2006, 10:45 PM
I think it's gay, put it infront of ESPN's studios... USC did nothing but play dang good football in this matter...

sahen
01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by football4life
u can put a billboard where ever u want....i mean OSU athletic dept. put up a billboard promoting their school one block away from baylor's football stadium this year....they had it up there until it was reported to the NCAA, oh yah, it was one block away from University High, home of a highly touted recruit this year....

lobo12
01-11-2006, 11:42 PM
i love it and think its the truth

MARLINDOGS
01-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sahen
u can put a billboard where ever u want....i mean OSU athletic dept. put up a billboard promoting their school one block away from baylor's football stadium this year....they had it up there until it was reported to the NCAA, oh yah, it was one block away from University High, home of a highly touted recruit this year.... Wow!I guess they will try anything.

Maroon87
01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think it's gay, put it infront of ESPN's studios... USC did nothing but play dang good football in this matter...

Yeah...Bristol, Connecticut...that's were it truly belongs. Or maybe Mark May's front yard. Or Skip Bayless'.:p :cool:

3afan
01-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

i dont think its gay -- i think its dumb and a waste of $ ................. but, this is America - (almost) free speech!

spiveyrat
01-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Texas and LSU fans try to rub it in with billboard
By John Bridges | Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 01:26 PM

An enterprising LSU grad and Dallas resident doesn’t want USC fans and Los Angeles residents to forget what happened at the Rose Bowl.

The Tiger alum is raising money through his Web site onepeat.com to place a billboard in Los Angeles that asks the not-so-friendly question:

“Shouldn’t dynasties win more than one?”

The question is a reference to all the talk about USC’s football dynasty. LSU fans have objected whenever USC’s 2003 national championship has been mentioned, noting that the Tigers won that year’s BCS championship game. USC finished No. 3 in the 2003 BCS rankings but was voted national champ by the Associated Press media poll. And, of course, USC’s try for a third straight national title (or second, if you prefer) was thwarted by the Longhorns on Jan. 4 in the Rose Bowl, leaving the Trojans with one BCS trophy to show for their three-year “dynasty.”

The wise guy at onepeat.com reports raising $964 so far for the billboard. He estimates he needs $10,000 for a one-month billboard rental in L.A.

That's great! :clap:

neck_06
01-12-2006, 08:35 AM
i love it!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
01-12-2006, 08:36 AM
that is hilareous.

piratebg
01-12-2006, 08:38 AM
If this goes up, I'd love to take a picture next to it. Maybe they should make a little gift shop right under it and sell tshirts and post cards.

hata_hurta06
01-12-2006, 09:11 AM
ha ha