PDA

View Full Version : No Reggie

neck_06
01-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Reggie Bush hasn't yet declared for the NFL draft, and if he doesn't, who do you think the Texans will end up drafting?

raider red 2000
01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
isnt friday the dead line?

zeus63
01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
IF they are smart they will go for some O-linemen. The ones they have now should all be fired after letting Carr get sacked like 80 times this season. I'll be surprised if Carr doesn't need some kind of psychiatric treatment after a season like that.

injuredinmelee
01-11-2006, 01:57 PM
they really need to trade for linemen with David Carr and Take VINCE YOUNG!!!

neck_06
01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

that would be nice, but David Carr is the franchise player and i don't see them trading him

zeus63
01-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
that would be nice, but David Carr is the franchise player and i don't see them trading him

Yeah, but you gotta think that Houston is chomping at the bit to get their hometown boy.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
Yeah, but you gotta think that Houston is chomping at the bit to get their hometown boy.

i'm not gonna lie, i would love to turn on the TV and see VY wearing a Texans jersey, but i don't think its gonna happen

STANG RED
01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ditto!!!
Plus, VY could avoid alot of those sacks that Carr couldnt.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Ditto!!!
Plus, VY could avoid alot of those sacks that Carr couldnt.

exactly!

sahen
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
i think some fans are...others would rather us draft some good offensive linemen that we can groom and turn into a force....Carr could still be a good QB but hasnt had a chance to put up any numbers at all, what are we gonna get in a trade for him? not too much being that he has had no chance to prove himself after spending the first 4 years of his career on his back

football4life
01-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Texans could probably trade down some and get an extra pick and try to build with that.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Texans could probably trade down some and get an extra pick and try to build with that.

kinda like the cowboys did, except they picked Hershel Walker and then cleaned out the Vikings

Adidas410s
01-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i think some fans are...others would rather us draft some good offensive linemen that we can groom and turn into a force....Carr could still be a good QB but hasnt had a chance to put up any numbers at all, what are we gonna get in a trade for him? not too much being that he has had no chance to prove himself after spending the first 4 years of his career on his back

and this (^^^) my friends is why the Texans can't trade him!!! What can they get for him? If they trade him they will still end up having to pay a large chunk of his contract and in return they would get maybe a 3rd round pick at best or some mediocore OL guys! Then they would have more bad OL guys to choose from...be paying $5+ mil (just guessing) per year for a QB that they don't have AND be paying another $5+ mil for another #1 QB in VY. No matter how you look at it...trading Carr isn't an option. Even if they cut him they still have a giant cap penalty of whatever remaining non-salary bonuses/incentives are left in his contract.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Deadline to declare is Sunday the 15th I believe. Bush hasn't said anything, but he did meet with an agent yesterday.

As much as fans would love VY, and as much more mobile is he than Carr, he will be nothing without an o-line. This year at Texas he had Scott (an all american and projected 1st rounder) protecting his blind side. With no line, even if he does avoid more sacks, it makes him more able to scramble and take big hits. This turns Vince into a gunshy QB, and basically puts Houston back to where they started.

Carr is not a bad QB, but until he gets a line he's gonna be on the ground a lot. IMO, trade the top for a high 1st round and maybe a 2nd & 3rd. Build the line and make Carr feel like Houston is putting in an effort for him.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and this (^^^) my friends is why the Texans can't trade him!!! What can they get for him? If they trade him they will still end up having to pay a large chunk of his contract and in return they would get maybe a 3rd round pick at best or some mediocore OL guys! Then they would have more bad OL guys to choose from...be paying $5+ mil (just guessing) per year for a QB that they don't have AND be paying another $5+ mil for another #1 QB in VY. No matter how you look at it...trading Carr isn't an option. Even if they cut him they still have a giant cap penalty of whatever remaining non-salary bonuses/incentives are left in his contract.

Carr has $8 mill against the cap this year. Draft vince at the expect 6 yrs, 50 mil, and you're paying close to 17 mil this year to have at least one guy sit the bench.

sahen
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that is what i was saying exactly, i just didnt wanna get all techniqual....peopel dont see that, all they see is Vince Young is from Houston so take him....it isnt that simple....not to mention the Texans told Carr they were gonna pick up his 8 mil. extension for next year, so there is that little problem to deal with as well if they want to get rid of him...

neck_06
01-12-2006, 08:32 AM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Carr could still be a good QB but hasnt had a chance to put up any numbers at all, he has had no chance to prove himself after spending the first 4 years of his career on his back
He's put up plenty of numbers, being the leading sackee in the NFL. ;)

neck_06
01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's put up plenty of numbers, being the leading sackee in the NFL. ;)

yeah, he does lead the league in that!

hata_hurta06
01-12-2006, 09:15 AM
get o-line men

AggieJohn
01-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
Reggie Bush hasn't yet declared for the NFL draft, and if he doesn't, who do you think the Texans will end up drafting? got to go with VY...
lienhart would get killed behind that line