PDA

View Full Version : What if Reggie Bush does not come out?

WOSgrad
01-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, we have been assuming all along the Reggie Bush would declare himself eligible for the draft, but as of today, he still appears to be in the "undecided" section. Leaving this question:

If you are Charley Casserly (okay, guys, work with me) and Reggie Bush is NOT available for the 2006 draft, what do you do with that #1 pick you are holding? Draft Vince Young? Draft AJ Hawke? Trade out of the spot and pick D. Ferguson or one of the top lineman?

This could get interesting.

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 10:49 AM
i have always wondered, because Reggie could join Archie as a double heisman winner if you thnk about it. but hasnt he, through family sources, said that he was going out

WOSgrad
01-11-2006, 10:55 AM
I think that has been the running asumption, but then I saw this:

Bush: 'I'm far from making my decision'
Heisman Trophy winner meets with Carroll, says he hasn't decided on NFL
Bush
Mark J Terrill / AP
USC's Reggie Bush is one of the most heralded running backs in years.

NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 4:13 p.m. ET Jan. 10, 2006

Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the NFL draft.

Bush met with head coach Pete Carroll and high-powered agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus on Monday, the Times said.

Dunn negotiated the contract for former USC Heisman winner Carson Palmer, who was picked No. 1 by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2003, the Times said.

Players have until Sunday to declare for the April draft.

"I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

Bush and USC fell short of winning the national championship on Jan. 4, losing 41-38 to Vince Young and Texas.

"I'm far from making my decision," he told the Times.

"I've just got to be 100 percent sure of what I'm going to do before I make my decision," he added. "That could be as early as [today] or it could take as long as up to the end of the week, or until Sunday, the actual day."

But Bush's subpar effort in the Rose Bowl apparently didn't changed the find of the Houston Texans as to who will be the No. 1 pick in the draft. The Texans will select him with the No. 1 pick if Bush decides to turn pro, team and league sources told ESPN.

ESPN said almost nothing will change that course, the sources say, even after the Texans received word Friday that Texas quarterback Vince Young is leaning strongly to also going pro. Young is a Houston native.

ESPN said the Texans will pick up an $8 million option on quarterback David Carr, who was the expansion team's first draft pick four years ago.

ESPN said Texans owner Bob McNair made the decision after getting extensive evaluations from various sources that strongly endorsed Carr, including a favorable report from Dan Reeves, the former longtime NFL coach hired last month as a consultant.

The Los Angeles Daily News has already reported that Bush will turn pro. He is already being advised by Reebok representative Mike Ornstein, who previously worked for the Raiders, the paper reported.

League scouts, who are not permitted to discuss underclass candidates but typically do so in off-the-record conversations or evaluations that are not for attribution, certainly feel that Bush will be in the draft. Although the process of analyzing the 2006 draft class is still in its early stages, the strong consensus is that Bush would be the first player chosen.

Bush, who won the Heisman this season after rushing for 1,658 yards and 15 touchdowns, had said he would wait until after the Rose Bowl on Jan. 4 to make his decision.

piratebg
01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
And here I was thinking what if he does not "come out".

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-11-2006, 01:10 PM
well if he were to stay in college for another year, it would definately be interesting to see what happens in this years draft. personally i think young will go to the Texans. but its not my pick.