PDA

View Full Version : Lendale White to turn pro

Maroon87
01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Updated: Jan. 11, 2006, 9:14 AM ET
Source: USC's White to declare for NFL draft
ESPN.com news services

Southern Cal might be losing both its Thunder and its Lightning.

Running back LenDale White will declare for the NFL draft on Wednesday, a person close to White told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night. White was expected to make the announcement during an interview on ESPNEWS.

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound junior, could be the third major offensive weapon to leave USC for the NFL this year, following the departure of quarterback Matt Leinart. Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush has not officially declared his intention to enter the NFL Draft, but met with a prospective agent Monday.

White finished the 2005 season with 1,302 yards on 197 carries, including 124 yards on 20 carries in the Trojans' 41-38 Rose Bowl loss to Texas. In his three-year career, White had 541 carries for 3,159 yards.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 10:02 AM
not a very good move by Lindale in my opinion. this year he was in the "reggie shadow" next year, all eyes would have been on him, getting all the carries and all the hype.

Phil C
01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't know if Reggie has announced for the draft yet. With the way White played he probably should be a top ten pick. Of course the UT defense keyed on stopping Bush.

WOSgrad
01-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Reggie Bush has not declared yet.

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
not a very good move by Lindale in my opinion. this year he was in the "reggie shadow" next year, all eyes would have been on him, getting all the carries and all the hype.

doubt it. they have this kid coming in from Texas... Emmanuel Moody. He could have been thrown right into the spotlight with Sanchez.

football4life
01-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I just wonder what Reggie is doing right now, just biding his time or what? I think it's strange that he hasn't declared yet, I can't imagine any scenario in which he would come back. It just wouldn't be a very good move. The texans are already saying they are going to draft him, so it would be kinda funny if he stayed.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I can't imagine any scenario in which he would come back. It just wouldn't be a very good move. The texans are already saying they are going to draft him, so it would be kinda funny if he stayed.

WOW!! that would throw a kink in things, what will all the sports analysts do?!?!?!

zeus63
01-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Didn't White also have like 26 TDs, or something like that? From what I saw in the Rose Bowl he'll do just fine in the NFL.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
Didn't White also have like 26 TDs, or something like that? From what I saw in the Rose Bowl he'll do just fine in the NFL.

Bush and White broke the record for TDs by a pair of running backs

Macarthur
01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by neck_06

I can't imagine there being any more spotlight on him. I think he got more carries than Bush. I don't think the pros will care about his "stats". There's plenty of film for them to decide. He will be a first round pick so why wait?

zeus63
01-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I can't imagine there being any more spotlight on him. I think he got more carries than Bush. I don't think the pros will care about his "stats". There's plenty of film for them to decide. He will be a first round pick so why wait?

So, he can get his degree. Can't play football forever, unfortunately.

injuredinmelee
01-11-2006, 05:07 PM
On my trip to the store to ge more snuff a few minutes ago (4pm) Lindale's press conference which was supposed to be at 330 our time still had not taken place and no one was sure why and Reggie will announce tomorrow.