PDA

View Full Version : Bad PR for the texans....

AggieJohn
01-11-2006, 03:00 AM
suppose they don't take VY.....

and the saints take VY at the number 2 pick....

that means that the saints, which move to S.a. next year, will draw the less than 75 miles away fans from austin to see him as well as the houston fans that love him.....

this could potentially be a PR nightmare for the texans....

sahen
01-11-2006, 03:09 AM
could be.....but r the saints for sure moving to san antonio? i thought it was still in limbo, not to mention L.A. wants a team so if they move the NFL might pull for them to move there not San Antonio just cause it is L.A.....Houston shouldnt take vince w/ their first pick....it doesnt make any sense other than the "he is from houston" reason....he is a good player but either take Bush or trade for o-linemen....we take another QB in the first round and all we do is have another punching bag for the rest of the leagues d-line and linebackers....

AggieJohn
01-11-2006, 03:10 AM
have you heard of the possible trade rumor, the four team draft day rumor

sahen
01-11-2006, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
have you heard of the possible trade rumor, the four team draft day rumor
yah....its a rumor and thats a big trade, odds r it wont hold up for that long....i would be shocked if it happened though not surprised if that makes sense....i personally still think we shoudl take bush or trade for olinemen....young is unproven in the NFL and a QB, they are a lot more risky than runningbacks to take...i hope for him the best but u never know w/ QBs what they will do...

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 04:30 AM
i just hope the texans get an O-Line worth a darn :(

football4life
01-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I saw the other day on espn that the saints probably aren't going to move, and that they are going to get the superdome back in shape. That'd be nice though, if they moved here.

neck_06
01-11-2006, 08:56 AM
the texans need to do with Reggie Bush what the Cowboys did with Hershal Walker way back when. trade him for a bunch of folks. i know that alot of teams would give alot to get him.

hata_hurta06
01-11-2006, 10:13 AM
yup

worldbfree
01-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Saints aren't going to SA.

It has already been announced that they will return to NO.

They will start playing there by November.

Adidas410s
01-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by worldbfree
Saints aren't going to SA.

It has already been announced that they will return to NO.

They will start playing there by November.

They said they will play in New Orleans in 2006 and move their practice facilities back there. By no means did they say that this is a permanent solution...

Phil C
01-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Texans won't get as much for Bush. Remember Walker was an established big star. Texans should draft Vince. That seems to be what most Houstonians and Texans fans want. Take Vince.

Aesculus gilmus
01-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Check out the thread titled "New Orleans" started by Turbostud. He is confirming as an eyewitness what I have read elsewhere.

I don't think NOLA is coming back anytime soon. It will become clear by this time next year that there is no longer enough of a metro area there to support an NFL team.

It'd be like awarding a franchise to Corpus Christi.

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 04:36 PM
hey now... its not that ba.... well, yeah... nevermind

ILS1
01-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I believe Houston will take Reggie Bush and keep David Carr. New Orleans will take Leinart because I don't think they want to take a chance on ANOTHER scrambling QB (see Reggie Brooks). Tennessee will more than likely take VY and have him be groomed under the tutalige of his mentor Steve McNair. Then again Titan's OC Norm Chow was Leinart's OC @ USC?? The plot thickens......................

:D