PDA

View Full Version : Georgia HS Coach gone for branding players

wos fan1
01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Georgia Coach Resigns After Getting Busted For Branding Players

What a freakin numb skull!

Assistant football coach Mario Hansbrough resigned from Roswell High School after being accused of encouraging his high school football players to brand themselves.

Fulton County school officials say more than a dozen football players at Roswell High branded themselves as a show of solidarity for their team, encouraged by Hansbrough.

Player Morten Mathiaseen bears a scar which he says he does not regret. Mathiaseen says the players heated up inch-long paper clips, and placed them on their chests, creating an oval scar.

Hansbrough resigned shortly after the school began investigating the incident.

“There were allegations made by several students two weeks prior to the winter break, regarding students who were involved in the branding, and an investigation took place at that point,” said Roswell High principal Dr. Ed Spurka.

Eight years ago, Hansbrough resigned from another local high school after allowing a profane rap song to be played at a basketball game.

After resigning from Cherokee High School, Hansbrough was hired at Roswell High.

“I learned of that Thursday, after he resigned,” Spurka said. “I didn’t hire Coach Hansbrough, so I wasn’t aware of that allegation or the situation.”

Despite his troubles with the school, some students remain loyal. But some feel that the impression he left should not have been so permanent.

The players say they were inspired by a fraternity Greek letter they saw branded on Hansbrough’s arm.

Stretch04
01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
They need to brand him again with a 'D' and an 'A' on each butt cheek.

wos fan1
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
:D

venomous tat2
01-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Sounds like to me he is a Kappa, Sigma or an Omega branding
is very popular among these fraternities, if so he should know better than to talk kids into branding themselves. Branding is dangerious if it isn't done right it can cause an infection that is costly. When doing a brand you have to know what you are doing
and everything has to be sterial. I know because I have a brand
on my arm but I have and never will try and talk some one into doing this it has to be your choice cause you have to live with it.
I also do brand my frat brothers that want them and am very careful with the procedure. I wont tell what all is used , I don't anyone trying it I have done this for years I also have a tatooed
rattle snake on my arm and have never tried to get players to get
one this guy is a BAD apple. :mad: :mad:

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 10:57 AM
it may be me, but all i saw was that the players branded themselves after they saw what was on their coaches arm. does that mean if a coach has tattoos we need to have him resign if his players all of a sudden show up with tattoos on their arms of their school mascot?

piratebg
01-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I see it the same way, but I don't know why they would do it. I have this picture of one of them 15years from now explaining what the scar means to their wife. Then I see her slapping him because he won't get here name tattooed on his body, but he would put a scar on his chest for a guy that made him run around in a jock strap.

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1

Player Morten Mathiaseen bears a scar which he says he does not regret. Mathiaseen says the players heated up inch-long paper clips, and placed them on their chests, creating an oval scar.

okay, so i reread this a couple of times. the players did the branding. so why is the coach gone

Buccaneer
01-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Assistant football coach Mario Hansbrough resigned from Roswell High School after being accused of encouraging his high school football players to brand themselves.

Fulton County school officials say more than a dozen football players at Roswell High branded themselves as a show of solidarity for their team, encouraged by Hansbrough.