PDA

View Full Version : Exercise?

Bullaholic
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Now I know all you faithfull Downlow'ers sit in front of that keyboard most of the time, but the time has come for me to try to diet and exercise to get my "boyish" figure back. Gonna try eating less and walking about 2 miles each evening around the high school track (wife makes me go to the track so I can't "cheat" on the distance). What do you folks do to try to stay in shape?

Ranger Mom
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What do you folks do to try to stay in shape?

:confused: :confused: Isn't "round" a shape? :confused: :confused:

Bullaholic
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:confused: :confused: Isn't "round" a shape? :confused: :confused:

Exactly RM, I got way too much of that "round" shape out front. Too much good food and drink for many years.

pirate44
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
ive dropped almost 20 lbs since dec. 1st by counting calories. i gotta hit the weights though and maybe some basketball.

44INAROW
01-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I most certainly need to exercise, but I have cut back on sodas and drink water only at work. Hubby and I both have a terrible Blue Bell addiction, does anyone know of any support groups?:D

Bullaholic
01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I most certainly need to exercise, but I have cut back on sodas and drink water only at work. Hubby and I both have a terrible Blue Bell addiction, does anyone know of any support groups?:D

Just "crumble" a little cow manure over the top of that Blue Bell, 44INARow, and you will either lose your Blue Bell cravings or start grazing. :D

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Now I know all you faithfull Downlow'ers sit in front of that keyboard most of the time, but the time has come for me to try to diet and exercise to get my "boyish" figure back. Gonna try eating less and walking about 2 miles each evening around the high school track (wife makes me go to the track so I can't "cheat" on the distance). What do you folks do to try to stay in shape?

moderation and excercise, that's the key. i've lost between 75-80lbs in just over a year. the hardest for me was not over eating. eating in moderation does wonders. don't eat until your totally stuffed. once you can control that, and keep up the walking, the weight will start to fall off.

pirate44
01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
moderation and excercise, that's the key. i've lost between 75-80lbs in just over a year. the hardest for me was not over eating. eating in moderation does wonders. don't eat until your totally stuffed. once you can control that, and keep up the walking, the weight will start to fall off.
congrats:clap: :clap:

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
congrats:clap: :clap:

thanks, congrats on your weight loss also.

pirate44
01-10-2006, 03:48 PM
thanks, congrats on your weight loss also.
thanks. unfortunately i lost 50 lbs about 5 years ago. i kept it off for the most part for 3 years. once my son was born 2 years ago, i gave up and gained it all back. but i know what works and plan on taking off another 18-20 lbs.

Bullaholic
01-10-2006, 03:50 PM

Sounds great HSF--congrats on your successful efforts. I'm certainly going to give it a shot. Now if I can just get those young flat-bellies on the track with me to quit giggling as they "lap" me and watch me stagger, bug-eyed, gasping for breath, stiff-legged, and slobbering all over myself as I finish my laps.

44INAROW
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Just "crumble" a little cow manure over the top of that Blue Bell, 44INARow, and you will either lose your Blue Bell cravings or start grazing. :D

that might work BULL - I can pretend it's crunchy choc chips :)

44INAROW
01-10-2006, 04:03 PM

wow congrats on that.. my problem is the "snacking" :(

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
my problem is the "snacking" :(

that was tough. i decided to eat pork skins everytime i wanted a snack. after a couple of days of eating something that taste like cardboard, the urge for snacks stopped.

Go Cuero
01-10-2006, 04:18 PM
I've lost 30 lbs since August but I did it w/help. I told my dr if she didn't give me diet pills I was going to buy some on the internet and who knows what I would get. I know a lot of people don't believe in diet pills but they have always worked for me and given me the modivation to get my butt up and eat healthier. So I've kept it off - I lost the weight fast - and try to eat healthier by eating more chicken and less red meat. Smaller portions and no desserts and I also had to stop drinking Dr.Pepper. I do give in on that quick though. And I walk my son to and from school during the day and then most days take a longer walk after I drop him off in the morning. We live just a couple of blocks from his school.

Now I have to work on the left over flab...that is so gross. My arms and around my tummy from when I was pg the last time. I have no excuse becaues I have a gym membership I pay for every month that I NEVER use and I have an elpitical machine that is on my side of the room that only gets used for hanging up clothes before they go into the closet.

My problem is I need someone to motivate me. We should start a daily post to motivate eachother!! ;)

AAA87
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
What pills?

Go Cuero
01-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Phentermine

Oh and FYI - my dr did an EKG before I took them and afterwards and I don't think she was going to give them to me because she said my BMI was inline but when I told her I was going to buy them off the internet....well I think that did the trick!! LOL She's been my dr for about 5 years and she is great.

Ranger Mom
01-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Cuero

My problem is I need someone to motivate me. We should start a daily post to motivate eachother!! ;)

I agree...I went to Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and did great on it. The reason? The COMPETITON! I am very competitive!

I didn't gain it all back, but enough to make me mad at myself since I hadn't lost all that I wanted to the first go around!

MHSvarsity2007
01-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Go Cuero
Phentermine

thats good stuff. but anywho, yoga & pilates is my heaven for exercise.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-11-2006, 01:02 AM
all of you that are trying to loose weight, i will gladly take donations.:D but in all seriousness, like HSF said, count calories and dont over eat. if you put in more than your body uses it will store it for later, but if you give it enough to keep your metabolism working through out the day it will start to work on using the stored fat cells as energy instead of just the new calories entering the body. think of it like a hybrid car. you can put in three different grades of fuel (i.e. carbs, fat, and protein) andeach burns at a different rate. carbs being like the regular gas and protien being like the premium. if you give your body enough to get the motor running it will then use the stored energy in the fat cells to continue working through out the day. im not saying go off and do the atkins thing, with nothing but protein, or the carb thing with no protein, because all three are needed to get where you want to be. so anyway, i will stop rambling and let you go read another thread or soemthing.

AggieJohn
01-11-2006, 02:56 AM
i freaking ran 14 miles today, okay so it seemed like 14, it was probably only 6, did i say 6, i meant 2 miles, okay so it was more like 3 times around the block....

...but that block was a mean block...

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 04:20 AM
i play 2 hours of softball every wednesday. i go dancing for 3-4 hours on tuesday, thursday, and saturday. and i work all the time. i tell you what, the dancing is great for me.

a little story, for those of you who have met me in person. i wasnt always this round. back when i was in college in SA, i moved in with a friend. He happened to run cross country at UTSA. So in moving in, i was put on his workout regiment. this is how it went.

7am: wake up and get ready
715: take off running for 5 miles.
8am: head to the taqueria down the street, and eat mexican caldo with extra cabbage, and some poached eggs.

Go to work during the day, only drinking water, and not eating red meat.

After work, run for 2 miles. then go to the Alamo Heights HS Swimming Center, and put on some AquaJoggers (they keep you afloat from your chest up) and swimrun for 2 miles. Doing that for about a good 3 months did WONDERS for me. I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 30lbs or something. We are red meat once a day. Drank lots and lots and lots of water. Cutting out the Dr Pepper was the HARDEST part of life i have ever experienced.

3afan
01-11-2006, 06:16 AM
losing weght is all about WANT TO or DESIRE. its all about setting your own rules and keeping them. no excuses, no one to blame if you fail except yourself.

so, if you are overweight its because you want to be or you don't care. there is no reason anyone cannot lose weight if you REALLY WANT TO (there might be medical exceptions of course ...)

just my opinion .......

MARLINDOGS
01-11-2006, 08:39 AM
I have got my workout in already this morning.:D

Ranger Mom
01-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Reading this thread inspired me yesterday. I actually got on my "gazelle" for the first time in months.

Worked it for 45 minutes and today I am so sore I can barely move!!:(

MARLINDOGS
01-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Reading this thread inspired me yesterday. I actually got on my "gazelle" for the first time in months.

Worked it for 45 minutes and today I am so sore I can barely move!!:( :thinking: Wonder if she will ever get the gazelle out again.:D

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
:thinking: Wonder if she will ever get the gazelle out again.:D

i wonder who gets to massage those sore muscles

hata_hurta06
01-12-2006, 09:17 AM
ha ha

Ranger Mom
01-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
:thinking: Wonder if she will ever get the gazelle out again.:D

As a matter of fact, I got on it again yesterday. I only lasted 15 minutes this time though.

It was enough to work most of the soreness out, but I have a sinus infection and had a MASSIVE headache...just didn't feel like giving it my all!

CHS_Grad '85
01-12-2006, 12:00 PM
I started doing Curves about a year ago... 30 mins at least 3x a week (sometimes 6)... lost a few #s and some inches but the best part is - my bp is under control and I don't have to take pills for it... this year, my goal is to tone up... I don't mind being big, just not so jiggly...

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:50 PM
you are big? wow... news to me :inlove: :kiss:

SintonFan
01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I lost 10 pounds from Dec. 26- Jan. 2. This from just working with my little fireworks biz.

CHS_Grad '85
01-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you are big? wow... news to me :inlove: :kiss: You are now offically my favorite son-n-law... sorry FB_Gurl -- but that rocks!!!

pirate44
01-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you are big? wow... news to me :inlove: :kiss:
quit hitting on your mother-in-law (her words, not mine). thats sick

CHS_Grad '85
01-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
quit hitting on your mother-in-law (her words, not mine). thats sick I only said that to get a rise out of my daughter... it worked... :D

District303aPastPlayer
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
:D :D :D :D :D