PDA

View Full Version : best amusement park in texas

pirate44
01-10-2006, 01:26 PM
excluding Astroworld (for obvious reasons) which would be the best park in Texas for a summer trip? im 2 hours to san antonio and 6 hours to arlington. Schlitterbahn would be nice too, but i have to take into account having a 32 month old. i want to do it this summer while the son is under 3 years old and gets in free ;)

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
excluding Astroworld (for obvious reasons) which would be the best park in Texas for a summer trip? im 2 hours to san antonio and 6 hours to arlington. Schlitterbahn would be nice too, but i have to take into account having a 32 month old. i want to do it this summer while the son is under 3 years old and gets in free ;)

my kids enjoy fiesta texas the most. with the roller coasters and the water park you can't go wrong there.

mrescape43
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
my kids enjoy fiesta texas the most. with the roller coasters and the water park you can't go wrong there.

#1 to my family also

DaHop72
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
#1 to my family also
I don't know. Do you think it really rivals "the best of Texas" in the park on the 4th.:evillaugh :evillaugh

injuredinmelee
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
is Funland in Wichita Falls still open??? ;) ;) ;) ;)

GreenMonster
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
is Funland in Wichita Falls still open??? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Nope :( Only thing left is the pavillion and the space is being used as a city park with a few picnic tables and bbq grills. Bummer huh.

neck_06
01-10-2006, 01:54 PM
excluding Astroworld (for obvious reasons)

i still can't believe they closed it down

lepfan
01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
My vote goes with Arlington....we usually go 2 days after a big holiday (like a Wednesday) and it is not as busy!!!

Bearkat
01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Six Flags in Arlington was awesome around junior high. Once I got to high school I liked schlitterbahn.

Bearkat
01-10-2006, 02:39 PM
:thinking: For those of you from the central texas area; what was the water park, in Belton, called? It wasn't very big, but it was fun.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
:thinking: For those of you from the central texas area; what was the water park, in Belton, called? It wasn't very big, but it was fun.:thinking:
Summer Fun USA?

pirate44
01-10-2006, 03:12 PM
im depressed. my wife cant stand roller coasters and my son is too small. its no fun riding alone

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
im depressed. my wife cant stand roller coasters and my son is too small. its no fun riding alone

i'm sure marlin_fan would go with you on one condition, that you pay for everything :D

Ranger Mom
01-10-2006, 03:22 PM

I'll go, I'll go!!

Pick me! Pick me!!

I am a roller coaster JUNKIE!!!!!

pirate44
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
i'm sure marlin_fan would go with you on one condition, that you pay for everything :D
could he pass for a 2 year old??

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 03:38 PM
could he pass for a 2 year old??

have you ever talked to him, i bet he can :D

pirate44
01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
have you ever talked to him, i bet he can :D
:D i'll just say he's crazy about vitimins

ftrmustangmom
01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
My pick is Fiesta Texas, We like the waterpark and the Roller Coasters also.

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
If you're going in the heat of the summer, Six Flags over Texas in Arlington is better than Fiesta Texas. Fiesta Texas is set in an old quarry and man does it get hot there.:eek: The water park is nice and they have a couple of new water rides but that part of the park is extremely busy on hot days.
What I love about Six Flags is how mature that park is. The trees are huge and provide much more shade than Fiesta Texas does. If you get a chance to ride the Titan in Arlington don't pass up that chance. That roller coaster is just sick.:cool:

lepfan
01-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
If you're going in the heat of the summer, Six Flags over Texas in Arlington is better than Fiesta Texas. Fiesta Texas is set in an old quarry and man does it get hot there.:eek: The water park is nice and they have a couple of new water rides but that part of the park is extremely busy on hot days.
What I love about Six Flags is how mature that park is. The trees are huge and provide much more shade than Fiesta Texas does. If you get a chance to ride the Titan in Arlington don't pass up that chance. That roller coaster is just sick.:cool:

It is that reason that we don't go there...fat people sweat too much ;) :D down there.

lepfan
01-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'll go, I'll go!!

Pick me! Pick me!!

I am a roller coaster JUNKIE!!!!! ME TOO!!!!!!!

lepfan
01-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Six Flags in Arlington was awesome around junior high. Once I got to high school I liked schlitterbahn. Your favorite part is what is in and out of the cold water !!!! ;)

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
It is that reason that we don't go there...fat people sweat too much ;) :D down there.
Are you saying I'm fat?:thinking: :D
Nevermind, you must of seen my avatar for you.:inlove:

sinton66
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM

Send the wife and kid to mom-in-laws, and you, SintonFan, and I go deep sea fishing.:D

sw_mustang_mom
01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
If you want entertainment, go to Sea World. Your kiddo will love to see the animals/shows, and you can also go to the water park section during the heat of the day to cool off. We went when my son was about that old and he loved it, but he's like a fish...he loves water and swimming. Sea World has a little section in the water park part just for kids, with fountains, etc. and another spot with kiddie water slides. If you want to take him into the wave pool or on other bigger slides, they provide life jackets.
Another favorite is Schlitterbahn, if you want an awesome water park.

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Send the wife and kid to mom-in-laws, and you, SintonFan, and I go deep sea fishing.:D
lol
If we left SintonFan's wife out of that I'd be squirming on a flounder gig quicker than you can say gi.........:D

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by sw_mustang_mom
If you want entertainment, go to Sea World. Your kiddo will love to see the animals/shows, and you can also go to the water park section during the heat of the day to cool off. We went when my son was about that old and he loved it, but he's like a fish...he loves water and swimming. Sea World has a little section in the water park part just for kids, with fountains, etc. and another spot with kiddie water slides. If you want to take him into the wave pool or on other bigger slides, they provide life jackets.
Another favorite is Schlitterbahn, if you want an awesome water park.
I forgot about Sea World.:o The younguns do love all the shows and if you go during the 4th of July weekend their Fireworks show IS SECOND TO NONE. Trust me on that.;)
They have changed some of their shows the last two years and have added a "4-D" RL Stein Haunted Lighthouse ride(a ride experience) that is good. It's the closest you can get to Universal Studios here in Texas. The water park is not a bad option if you don't want the bigger crowds from Fiesta Texas.:)

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2006, 02:55 AM
I will pick the Bahn every day. Great water park for both kids and adults. Not to pricey free parking, and a great atmosphere all around

AggieJohn
01-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I will pick the Bahn every day. Great water park for both kids and adults. Not to pricey free parking, and a great atmosphere all around i love it.......except for i lose money everytime i go...

piratebg
01-11-2006, 08:59 AM
The Bahn RULES!!! Water slides, pizza, sun, bikinis.......what else can you ask for in an amusement park?

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Bahn RULES!!! Water slides, pizza, sun, bikinis.......what else can you ask for in an amusement park?

remember the bahn in HS :D

piratebg
01-11-2006, 11:08 AM
The things I did........

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 11:10 AM
i fondly remember the long bus rides... and the hotel rooms with Duct Tape on them

piratebg
01-11-2006, 11:13 AM
And duct tape on my legs, but that was for good reason. I enjoyed the night time at the resort. It was hard for the sponsors to keep track of everyone.:D

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
And duct tape on my legs, but that was for good reason. I enjoyed the night time at the resort. It was hard for the sponsors to keep track of everyone.:D

im sure you found your way across the field :p

CHS_Grad '85
01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'll go, I'll go!!

Pick me! Pick me!!

I am a roller coaster JUNKIE!!!!! DITTO!!!

pirate44
01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
DITTO!!!
ok all you junkies. what is/was the best wooden coaster in texas? Giant, Cyclone or the Rattler. for me i cant make up my mind between Giant and Rattler. Cyclone actually scared me the most though, but thats because i rode it before i liked coasters. it scared the you know what outa me. it made me LOVE coasters.

lepfan
01-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are you saying I'm fat?:thinking: :D
I was referring to myself! :)

Old Tiger
01-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Schlitterbaun....#1 Water Park in the nation!

pirate44
01-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Schlitterbaun....#1 Water Park in the nation!
anyone know if south padre schlitterbahn can compare to New Braunfels?

piratebg
01-12-2006, 08:33 AM
From what I hear it does not compare as far as rides go.

htowntransplant
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
best amusement park in texas = my apartment...

...ok it would be schlitterbahn even though i have never gone. my guess is based on reviews i hear from others. fiesta texas is probably second.

htowntransplant
01-12-2006, 09:35 AM

i hear the one in SPI is mostly fancy beach and the water is actually beach water.

SintonFan
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
ok all you junkies. what is/was the best wooden coaster in texas? Giant, Cyclone or the Rattler. for me i cant make up my mind between Giant and Rattler. Cyclone actually scared me the most though, but thats because i rode it before i liked coasters. it scared the you know what outa me. it made me LOVE coasters.
I'll take the Giant anyday. I rode the Rattler this last summer and I'll never ride it again. I remember it being violent before but it now is suicidal. I'm not kidding when I tell you my cart was jumping up at least a foot from the one in front of me. I felt like Tyson had punched me halfway through the ride. Never again.
I believe we were on the one about 2-3 back from the front one. Now my son thought it was fun. But I was somewhat incredulous after seeing him white-faced and heading toward the bathroom.

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2006, 12:25 PM

i have heard that it really SUCKS!