PDA

View Full Version : Astroworld tribute site

pirate44
01-10-2006, 08:43 AM
nice site with a lot of photos, old park maps, concert history and much more.
Astroworld tribute site (http://www.sixflagshouston.com/)

BullFrog Dad
01-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Wow that concert history was unbelievable!!! I guess you had to pay extra to attend the concert. If so how much because there was some big acts that played at Astroworld.

neck_06
01-10-2006, 08:58 AM
cool site

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CHS_Grad '85
01-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks for sharing... man, I enjoyed that place... wish I would have made it around for one last ride...

Bearkat
01-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Very cool site. I can remember going to Astro World during the summers. Ride the rides and then hit Water World. My friends and I would play beach volleyball all day long. Hours of entertainment.

Ranger Mom
01-10-2006, 10:34 AM
I have never been there, but why is it shutting down?

pirate44
01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
i went there back in the mid 80's but couldnt remember the exact date. but i do remember the Eurythmics were playing that night. so i went to the concert history and found it was 08/16/86 :D

pirate44
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
the place was getting run down and the property is worth $$$

sahen
01-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
six flags own too many theme parks, and instead of putting the money into it to clean it up they decided they would make more money in the short term and sell all the property....basically they wanted more money now instead of later because the current CEOs would not see the profit of fixing it back up....its really sad actually, astroworld was a staple in Houston and started to run down when the Six Flags peopel bought it and didnt care about it, in my opinion this was their plan in the first place....

3afan
01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
wow - the concerts sure went to heck after the 80's

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i went there back in the mid 80's but couldnt remember the exact date. but i do remember the Eurythmics were playing that night. so i went to the concert history and found it was 08/16/86 :D
lol
I was on that same trip fofo!
Nothing like CYO for some great teen memories. And yes the Eurythmics rocked. Even better back then because that lead singer had a full head of hair.:D

SPF25
01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
I was on that same trip fofo!
Nothing like CYO for some great teen memories. And yes the Eurythmics rocked. Even better back then because that lead singer had a full head of hair.:D
haha..i forgot about that it was CYO. :D

the above was posted by pirate44

sorry wifey

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
haha..i forgot about that it was CYO. :D

the above was posted by pirate44

sorry wifey
I remember because I went to the concert(or at least most of it). The tickets to get in were pretty cheap. Thanks for the great memory fofo. :)
Wasn't it the year after that the CYO went to Schlitterbahn? Or was it before?:thinking: Goodness, now I'm drawing a blank.

etbu
01-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Our company purchased the Astroneedle and much more scrap this week. In addition we bought all the rail that the trains travled on. Drove through the complex last week and it is very strange to see it coming down. They are trying to sell the property for $228.00 million. :eek:

etbu
01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
my bad

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Our company purchased the Astroneedle and much more scrap this week. In addition we bought all the rail that the trains travled on. Drove through the complex last week and it is very strange to see it coming down. They are trying to sell the property for $228.00 million. :eek:
Can you save maybe a piece of some ride there(like a seat or something)? I'm sure fofo would make you a great signature for the ages in trade.:) Jeez, if not him then I'd make you one just so fofo can keep a piece of fond history.:cool: :clap: :cool:

etbu
01-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Can you save maybe a piece of some ride there(like a seat or something)? I'm sure fofo would make you a great signature for the ages in trade.:) Jeez, if not him then I'd make you one just so fofo can keep a piece of fond history.:cool: :clap: :cool:

They sold all of the memo stuff last weekend at a acution. My bud who is running the job picked up a the 57 ford from the car area. CHEAP and a sweet car. We are a scrap company and all that we are getting is the beams, rail, extra scrap that they junked. The needle was broken down to three pieces. They want us to store all of the rides until they ship them out but NOT INTerSTED. :cool:

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 09:52 PM
They sold all of the memo stuff last weekend at a acution. My bud who is running the job picked up a the 57 ford from the car area. CHEAP and a sweet car. We are a scrap company and all that we are getting is the beams, rail, extra scrap that they junked. The needle was broken down to three pieces. They want us to store all of the rides until they ship them out but NOT INTerSTED. :cool:
Thanks for the info. Painful as it is, thanks for letting me know.:cool:

etbu
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Painful as it is, thanks for letting me know.:cool:

Us girls talking i will call my guy tomorrow and see what he has left as far as memory lane. i will pm you in the next day or so. Just dont tell anyone. :D

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Us girls talking i will call my guy tomorrow and see what he has left as far as memory lane. i will pm you in the next day or so. Just dont tel anyone. :D
ProMise!!!!:inlove:

etbu
01-10-2006, 10:08 PM

I will put in a call to him tomorrow. Just for the love of the game. :D

etbu
01-11-2006, 10:51 AM

Hey Bro check your pms

Cardinalbb
01-11-2006, 11:13 AM
You know what's funny.....(I'm not sure this is true for everyone), but I remember as a kid, I loved theme parks. Now as an adult, I look on them as money suckers! I guess it makes a difference when your footin the bill!

pirate44
01-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I remember because I went to the concert(or at least most of it). The tickets to get in were pretty cheap. Thanks for the great memory fofo. :)
Wasn't it the year after that the CYO went to Schlitterbahn? Or was it before?:thinking: Goodness, now I'm drawing a blank.
that was the year before. i remember because i was too young to be in CYO and didnt get to go on that one. Schlitterbahn was virtually unknown back then. i think i liked it better that way