PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard....

sinton66
01-09-2006, 09:03 PM
the scuttlebutt coming reportedly from rivals.com about a four way trade after the NFL draft? I'm hearing there is a trade deal between the Texans, Saints, Jets, and Dolphins. Jets supposed to get Matt Leinart, Saints to get Reggie Bush, Miami to get David Carr, and Texans to get Vince Young AND Ricky Williams. Anyone else heard anything about this?

sahen
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
interesting trade....however i dont want ricky williams, every interview w/ him seems like he doesnt even want to play football....

Old Tiger
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
That'd be sweet.

sinton66
01-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I went to rivals.com, but didn't see anything about it in the freebie section. I'm not a member, so I really have no idea if it's real or not.

pantherpop
01-09-2006, 09:58 PM
There's no way this could happen since the Titans hold the third pick in the draft and there's no way they wont get one of the big three.

football4life
01-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
There's no way this could happen since the Titans hold the third pick in the draft and there's no way they wont get one of the big three.

Yea very true. But that would be a pretty killer trade though.

pantherpop
01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Yes it would be great. I could care less if Ricky Williams came here or not but I'd sell the house to get Vince Young.

sinton66
01-09-2006, 10:21 PM

I'm not so sure. If Reggie and Vince are gone, Titans don't need a QB. They might pick someone else.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-09-2006, 10:37 PM
i personally think that would be a great trade. young and williams in the backfield would be a dangerous duo...if only they had some linemen....

pantherpop
01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Thats a possibility too but I think they would take a QB. McNair is very injury prone now that he has gotten up there in age and they dont seem like they are willing to hand it over to Billy Volek. Top line QBs are very rare in the draft and you have to take one if you have the chance

neck_06
01-10-2006, 09:08 AM

very very true, i believe that the saints will pick up Vince because they seem to like the running quarterbacks (i.e. - Aaron Brooks) and the Titans will probably pick up Matt Wienert

pirate4state
01-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
very very true, i believe that the saints will pick up Vince because they seem to like the running quarterbacks (i.e. - Aaron Brooks) and the Titans will probably pick up Matt Wienert :weeping: What a tragedy!!! Vince to the (s)aints...the football gods can't be that cruel, can they? :(

JasperDog94
01-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
very very true, i believe that the saints will pick up Vince ... ...where all football greats go to die...

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: What a tragedy!!! Vince to the (s)aints...the football gods can't be that cruel, can they? :(

it could be worse, remember houston has the option of drafting him.

worldbfree
01-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Mark it down.........

Texans-Reggie Bush

Saints-Matt Leinart

Titans-Vince Young

Old Tiger
01-10-2006, 10:32 AM
That's what Mel Kiper Jr. says

JasperDog94
01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by worldbfree
Mark it down.........

Texans-Reggie Bush

Saints-Matt Leinart

Titans-Vince Young Don't be surprised to see the Titans try to trade up for the New Orleans pick to try and get Vince.

worldbfree
01-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Saints won't take Young anyway.......they have had their fill of "that style" of QB with Brooks. They aren't going to take a chance on the same type.......they will go with the "classic" QB.

I personally think it will be the Saints loss not to take Young. Titans will end up with Young and he will sit and learn for one year under McNair and then the reigns will be handed over.......the same way McNair sat and learned while Chandler was the QB when he got drafted.

DaHop72
01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by worldbfree
Saints won't take Young anyway.......they have had their fill of "that style" of QB with Brooks. They aren't going to take a chance on the same type.......they will go with the "classic" QB.

I personally think it will be the Saints loss not to take Young. Titans will end up with Young and he will sit and learn for one year under McNair and then the reigns will be handed over.......the same way McNair sat and learned while Chandler was the QB when he got drafted.
So worldb, how's the jump shot?

sinton66
01-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, I DO know that Vince once said he wouldn't even think about coming out for the draft unless he knew he was going to Houston. Maybe he has some inside info?

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: What a tragedy!!! Vince to the (s)aints...the football gods can't be that cruel, can they? :(
Well now, it would be great if the Saints moved to SA wouldn't it? This is still not out of the total realm of possibilities. :cool:

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well, I DO know that Vince once said he wouldn't even think about coming out for the draft unless he knew he was going to Houston. Maybe he has some inside info?
Houston would be downright rediculous to pass up Vince. Vick speed, Dante size and the mind of Jim Elway?:D Wherever he ends up I just hope he stays in Texas.

sinton66
01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, he AIN'T going to Dallas. Those people would NEVER admit someone from Houston could help their team. Shoot, they don't have many Texas athletes at all on their roster.

And, BTW, I had envisioned this four way deal this way: Houston drafts Bush. N.O. drafts Vince. Titans draft someone else. Miami drafts Leinert. Miami trades Leinert to the Jets for Curtis Martin. Miami trades Ricky Williams to Houston for David Carr. Houston trades Bush to New Orleans for Vince. Everybody's happy.

AggieJohn
01-10-2006, 10:48 PM
the scuttlebutt coming reportedly from rivals.com about a four way trade after the NFL draft? I'm hearing there is a trade deal between the Texans, Saints, Jets, and Dolphins. Jets supposed to get Matt Leinart, Saints to get Reggie Bush, Miami to get David Carr, and Texans to get Vince Young AND Ricky Williams. Anyone else heard anything about this? yeah i have heard about this...

SintonFan
01-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, he AIN'T going to Dallas. Those people would NEVER admit someone from Houston could help their team. Shoot, they don't have many Texas athletes at all on their roster.

And, BTW, I had envisioned this four way deal this way: Houston drafts Bush. N.O. drafts Vince. Titans draft someone else. Miami drafts Leinert. Miami trades Leinert to the Jets for Curtis Martin. Miami trades Ricky Williams to Houston for David Carr. Houston trades Bush to New Orleans for Vince. Everybody's happy.
Just go ahead and put me in a funk buddy... a man can dream.:D :inlove:

AggieJohn
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah i have heard about this... richard justice of the chronicle broke this about a week ago