PDA

View Full Version : The mickey get's revenge!

Paratrooper
01-09-2006, 09:02 AM
FORT SUMNER, N.M. (Jan. 8) - A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature returned to the man's house and set it on fire.
Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.
"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.
Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window of the nearby home. The flames spread up the window and throughout the house.
All contents of the home were destroyed, he said. No injuries were reported.
Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.
"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."
:D

neck_06
01-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Well, atleast the mouse didn't go down without a fight.............I think he even won!

hata_hurta06
01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
ha ha

LH Panther Mom
01-09-2006, 09:11 AM
I hate to laugh at that, but it's funny. :D

3afan
01-09-2006, 09:14 AM
yeah I heard about that on ESPN radio this morning ...

neck_06
01-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yeah I heard about that on ESPN radio this morning ...

why was that on ESPN radio?

MARLINDOGS
01-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Very funny!:clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Now thats what I call "Going down in flames"

Reminds me of a cartoon picture I saw years ago. A mouse looking up a huge screaming eagle that is just about to grab him with his claws, and the mouse is shooting him the finger. Below the picture, a caption reads "Last Act of Defiance"!

3afan
01-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
why was that on ESPN radio?

Mike & Mike have a segment each morning called "News of the wierd" and thats what they talked about today

Bearkat
01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Talk about going out in a blaze of glory.

District303aPastPlayer
01-09-2006, 01:06 PM
its sad, but hella funny

neck_06
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Mike & Mike have a segment each morning called "News of the wierd" and thats what they talked about today

ahhhh i see.....

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
01-09-2006, 06:51 PM
What a creep to throw a live animal in a fire....even if it was a rodent!:doh:

WTG Mouse!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paratrooper
01-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Yea the dude kind of deserves it doesn't he......lol:D :clap:

3afan
01-12-2006, 06:56 AM
turns out this story is not true ...... the man admitted that the mouse was already dead before he threw it into the fire and it was high winds that caused his trash fire to reach his house and burn it down.

i WAS kinda skepitcal .....

Ranger Mom
01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
turns out this story is not true ...... the man admitted that the mouse was already dead before he threw it into the fire and it was high winds that caused his trash fire to reach his house and burn it down.

Well that makes me feel a little better about mankind.....not much, but a little!:p

LogieJoeBean001
01-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Totally agree...heard of a guy who threw a whole litter of kittens on a bar-b-que pit and burned em alive...one was rescued before she was thrown in and was brought to me...she is now quite the little princess around the house!

Hooray for the mouse!

LogieJoeBean001
01-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Totally agree...heard of a guy who threw a whole litter of kittens on a bar-b-que pit and burned em alive...one was rescued before she was thrown in and was brought to me...she is now quite the little princess around the house!

Hooray for the mouse!

Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Paratrooper
01-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Ummm.....well, the story was written in the news. Where did you hear it wasn't true?

AP Panther Fan
01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Ummm.....well, the story was written in the news. Where did you hear it wasn't true?

lol...when I was talking to my husband about this (before the truth came out) he said the guy probably set his own house on fire to collect the insurance $.

I thought he was just being his usual, cynical self....but I see he wasn't all that wrong after all.

:doh: I hate it when that happens!;)

3afan
01-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/ (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5973746/detail.html) ... among others