PDA

View Full Version : any Track and Field fans.

Chief Ohera
01-09-2006, 01:00 AM
i was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about track and likes to discuss it , i would like to know who are the big studs in the 3a class, it doesn't matter what event i would just like to know what to expect from this classifaction.
BOOMER SOONER

dutchman
01-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Chief Ohera,

Here is a web site that posts the meets that they receive and all district, regional, and state meet times.

Texas Track (http://www.texastrack.com/)

To see last years results, click on the link "High School" at the botom of the page, then scroll down to find "2005 High School Track and Field Results." I tend to stay more in the Central Texas area and can only make the meets that are on the weekend. Region III regional meets are typically held in Humble and the State meet in Austin. If you plan on going to the State meet get your reservations in early, if you plan on staying overnight. The better bargain is to get the two day pass, otherwise you will pay twice as much.

Old Green
01-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
i was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about track and likes to discuss it , i would like to know who are the big studs in the 3a class, it doesn't matter what event i would just like to know what to expect from this classifaction.
BOOMER SOONER Keep your eyes open for Brandon James of Cuero and Skye Green of Sweetwater. Both run the 100 and 200 meters as well as the Relays. Both Sweetwater and Cuero return the bulk of the track stars.

STANG RED
01-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
If you plan on going to the State meet get your reservations in early, if you plan on staying overnight. The better bargain is to get the two day pass, otherwise you will pay twice as much.

I went to the state track meet & golf tournament last year for the first time. It was the most fun I have had in years. I sat right at the finish line and meet alot of great people. Two local guys in particular were a blast. They have been going every year for about 25 years, and always set in the same place and bet with each other on every race.
If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it! I'm gonna try to go back every year, whether Sweetwater has anyone competing or not.

44INAROW
01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
We went to the State Golf Tournament and the State Track Meet last year as well. Had a great time, plan on doing it again this year :)

Ranger Mom
01-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I went to the state track meet & golf tournament last year for the first time. It was the most fun I have had in years. I sat right at the finish line and meet alot of great people. Two local guys in particular were a blast. They have been going every year for about 25 years, and always set in the same place and bet with each other on every race.
If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it! I'm gonna try to go back every year, whether Sweetwater has anyone competing or not.

My husband wants to go this year. He has been several times in the past, this will be the first trip for me and Ranger Rebel! If he has to work that weekend, me and lil rebel will just go alone!

STANG RED
01-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Looks like we may have to have a 3Adownlow meet n greet at at the state track meet.

By the way, It's hot as hell in Austin that time of year!!!
Dont forget your cap and sunglasses!
If youv got one of those misters to spray a mist on your face, bring it, you'll need it.

By the way, Skye Green ran a 4.2 40, on the turf, in the bowl, a couple days ago. That is smokin fast!!!

Old Green
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Looks like we may have to have a 3Adownlow meet n greet at at the state track meet.

By the way, It's hot as hell in Austin that time of year!!!
Dont forget your cap and sunglasses!
If youv got one of those misters to spray a mist on your face, bring it, you'll need it.

By the way, Skye Green ran a 4.2 40, on the turf, in the bowl, a couple days ago. That is smokin fast!!! We should plan on a meet & greet at the state track meet .I'm planning on being there.:)

STANG RED
01-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
We should plan on a meet & greet at the state track meet .I'm planning on being there.:)

Great! Lets set that up, when the time gets close. See ya there.

44INAROW
01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
We should plan on a meet & greet at the state track meet .I'm planning on being there.:)

hopefully you'll need to take an extra day off and watch some golf :)

Great! Lets set that up, when the time gets close. See ya there.
sounds like a plan StangRed

pancho villa
01-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Love the state meet. But last year was the best for me my little girl got a 3rd place medal. It is a great time.

Old Green
01-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hopefully you'll need to take an extra day off and watch some golf :)

sounds like a plan StangRed

Golf ?

Er, Ah, .Well, I'm ma, Uh. We'll see about the golf.:confused: :D

Track
Ok with me.

Old Green
01-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Love the state meet. But last year was the best for me my little girl got a 3rd place medal. It is a great time. Congrats to her Pancho. Is she running this year?
What event does she compete in?

44INAROW
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna go on a limb and say the 4x100 relay:)

Old Green
01-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'm gonna go on a limb and say the 4x100 relay:) I belief you're right. Now which leg did she run. :thinking:

run_n_hit
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Look for Kennedale to have a real string team... boys and girls

sweetwater07
01-09-2006, 01:45 PM
jeremy thompson was the only one lost from last years track team..look for sweetwater to be smoking fast on the black circle this year...........

Old Green
01-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
jeremy thompson was the only one lost from last years track team..look for sweetwater to be smoking fast on the black circle this year........... Martel williams was the only one lost off of cuero's team. Look for them too be be faster than last year with 3 possible underclassmen who were on the JV to step up.;)

sweetwater07
01-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Martel williams was the only one lost off of cuero's team. Look for them too be be faster than last year with 3 possible underclassmen who were on the JV to step up.;)

cuero seemed to be our only competition last year...i look forward to seeing us running against yall this year also...i will be there cheering on my boys......maybe be a part of this 3ADL M&G....

Old Green
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
cuero seemed to be our only competition last year...i look forward to seeing us running against yall this year also...i will be there cheering on my boys......maybe be a part of this 3ADL M&G.... It's going to be a great track season for both teams. a fun year with great runners returning from all over the state.

pirate4state
01-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Martel williams was the only one lost off of cuero's team. Look for them too be be faster than last year with 3 possible underclassmen who were on the JV to step up.;) :eek: WHAT?? Dear God...are you guys coming to Sinton this year? I'll have to make a point to go watch. Cuero's track team is unbelievable!! :clap:

eagles_victory
01-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I may be at the state track meet if i go ill be at the 3adownlow meet and greet.

Old Green
01-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: WHAT?? Dear God...are you guys coming to Sinton this year? I'll have to make a point to go watch. Cuero's track team is unbelievable!! :clap: I don't know if cuero coming to the Sinton meet this year. I hope they do. there's always quality athletes there

shadow13
01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
jeremy thompson was the only one lost from last years track team..look for sweetwater to be smoking fast on the black circle this year........... we lost micheal williams also, he anchored all 3 relays.

shadow13
01-09-2006, 05:51 PM
The 100m will be" HOT "this yr. SHAWNBREY McNEIL, SKYE GREEN and CORDERO GRAY ,went 1, 2 , 3, last yr. and all were sophomores ,and if BRANDON JAMES runs the 100 this yr. that's one race you don't want to miss.

GetRDoneStangs
01-09-2006, 06:33 PM

I will deff have to make this one if it's not when the band trip is!! Deff looking forward to this one if I can make it:D :thumbsup:

netexan
01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Will Sweetwater travel to Atlanta this year? We sure would like to see you guys come here and run with East Texas again. If I remember right you guys did not run real well that day, but did pretty well at state. Atlanta will be still be pretty competitive this year. They return almost all of the speed guys from last year and most are juniors this year. After winning state for 3 years in a row, last year was a little disappointing but hopefully they will get back to Austin and make a little noise this year.. And as far as golf, Atlanta hopefully will bring both girls and boys teams to Austin again. The boys are 4 soph. and 1 jr. so they will still be young. The girls are mostly srs.

pancho villa
01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
4th, the same 4 also got 5th in the 4x200.
They are all returning.

Old Green
01-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
4th, the same 4 also got 5th in the 4x200.
They are all returning. That's good Pancho. The WC 4 x 100 should be one of the favorites this year:clap: . Good luck to your daughter and teammates.