PDA

View Full Version : Be Positive UT Fans!

Phil C
01-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I know we would have liked Vince to have stayed one more year but he has made the decision he feels is best for himself and his family. We knew there would one day be life at UT without Vince even though it is a year earlier than we hoped but be positive. Face the future with confidence. Eliminate the negativity. Avoid what is abnormal and irregular. We will still have a talented outstanding team next year when you consider the talent that is coming back. Some players will have to be replaced but we have good players coming back to do the job. The coaches will do what is needed to get us a good QB to guide the talent. Also remember we have a great recruiting class coming this year along with past outstanding ones. The future is bright. Be confident! Go Horns!

Maroon87
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I never saw this coming from you, Phil. I expected some doomsday predictions...:p :D

Gobbla2001
01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Charles, Taylor, Melton, S. Young, a few good linemen, three very good receivers and most of the best defense in the country are still returning... plug in another QB with a head on his shoulders and a tad of lightning under his feet and this rock is ready to roll once again...

Leopards,class of 75
01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Charles, Taylor, Melton, S. Young, a few good linemen, three very good receivers and most of the best defense in the country are still returning... plug in another QB with a head on his shoulders and a tad of lightning under his feet and this rock is ready to roll once again... I am looking forward to another good year for the Longhorns.

KTJ
01-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Phil, no one ever said we weren't confident and optimistic.

Sometimes I worry about you Phil.

Chief Ohera
01-09-2006, 01:16 AM
lets see how UT does next year w/o mr. everything VY he was absolutely their whole team and was their whole team for the whole season, OU will upend UT next year along w/ OHIO ST. and ted ginn. VY was a one man wrecking crew and one them the title, but it was a fluke title, and they wont' win one again for a long long time, they just had a magical season that all they did was rely on VY,
guys and all UT fans you can't possibly tell me that UT had the better team, i am not a SC fan but i could really see a more talented team with more NFL players than UT will produce,
give it up UT fans VY did everything for that team"there is no I in team" that's bull ^^^^ VY was the I in that lucky UT team.
ps. these are just thoughts and opinions.
BOOMER SOONER.

hornfan
01-09-2006, 01:23 AM
why are ou fans so stupid? yea vince was a one man team; hmm did he stop lendale white on 4th and 2? no, did he catch balls from the qb that got us first downs? nope. did he kick the extra points? nope. did he score every touchdown? nope not that either. did he intercept a lienart pass in the endzone to keep usc from scoring? dont remember him doin that. here is another good one did he block for himself? hmmm no i dont think so. so how about the next time one of you lovely sooners that likes to call texas your home use your brain before you open your mouth and embarass yourself.

Chief Ohera
01-09-2006, 01:32 AM
being new to this board and all, i really don't want to start getting everyone hatin' on me already, i just write what i think and how i feel, i just don't feel UT deserved to win that game, it makes me so mad when i see a more talented team get beat by simply ONE man,
and for you smart boy "HORNFAN" lets just see how UT does next year w/o mr. EVERYTHING VY.
OU was in a rebuilding year, and i do remember OU getting the best of UT in recent years don't ya think buddy,
anyways bro stay tight and be safe.

District303aPastPlayer
01-09-2006, 01:34 AM
umm OU dont look to pretty the next year or two.

hornfan
01-09-2006, 01:38 AM
i guess you just dont recognize a team even when they win a championship. i believe the team we beat this year beat yall 55-19 last year so i would not be saying too much.

District303aPastPlayer
01-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by hornfan
i guess you just dont recognize a team even when they win a championship. i believe the team we beat this year beat yall 55-19 last year so i would not be saying too much.

:D :D :D :D :D

Phil C
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Phil, no one ever said we weren't confident and optimistic.

Sometimes I worry about you Phil.

A product of the Royal years influence.
You are too young to remember those years but if you had lived them you would understand. :)

MARLINDOGS
01-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
lets see how UT does next year w/o mr. everything VY he was absolutely their whole team and was their whole team for the whole season, OU will upend UT next year along w/ OHIO ST. and ted ginn. VY was a one man wrecking crew and one them the title, but it was a fluke title, and they wont' win one again for a long long time, they just had a magical season that all they did was rely on VY,
guys and all UT fans you can't possibly tell me that UT had the better team, i am not a SC fan but i could really see a more talented team with more NFL players than UT will produce,
give it up UT fans VY did everything for that team"there is no I in team" that's bull ^^^^ VY was the I in that lucky UT team.
BOOMER SOONER. :thinking: And I wonder who might be the one man team at OU:thinking:

KTJ
01-09-2006, 11:08 AM
BOOMER SOONER.

If you think Vince was the "entire team" then that tells me you have no earthly clue about football whatsoever.

If you think our NC was a "fluke" then you have no clue whatsoever about football.

If you came on this board just to talk smack about UT, then you have no clue about college football, and you're making yourself look like an idiot.

etbu
01-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Does everyone in OK know each other? Give it up OU and face it you got DONKEY KICKED this year. Be a man (if possible) and take it.OU blows and ut will beat them next year just like tech will. :D

JasperDog94
01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Does everyone in OK know each other? It looks like they do. And now they're letting other people share their 3 computers now. I'm gonna have to check into that.

One thing's for sure....Peterson isn't using the school's computer.:doh: :doh: :D

DaHop72
01-09-2006, 04:47 PM
i just don't feel UT deserved to win that game, it makes me so mad when i see a more talented team get beat by simply ONE man

Huh, so we are so popular that Matt Leinart has joined now?:thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
01-09-2006, 05:06 PM
...i just don't feel UT deserved to win that game, it makes me so mad when i see a more talented team get beat by simply ONE man... http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/pityparty.gif
If that team was so talented how did they allow themselves to get beat by ONE man?? :thinking: LMAO!!! http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Phil C
01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/pityparty.gif
If that team was so talented how did they allow themselves to get beat by ONE man?? :thinking: LMAO!!! http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Magnificent post!

DaHop72
01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Agreed.

AP Panther Fan
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/pityparty.gif

lol...you go girl! It scares me when you make so much sense!:D

pirate4state
01-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...you go girl! It scares me when you make so much sense!:D i scare myself ;) :D

Chief Ohera
01-10-2006, 07:46 PM
will i am sure glad to get the year 2005 over w/ it was the worst year in recent memory, UT national champs in baseball and football,
well, i feel very confident about this up coming year in that UT will not do as well in all sports as everyone thinks
they are highly overrated, that is there whole program, OU will reign supreme again in the big 12 this year,
and tell me this who has more national football titles OU or UT, ummmmm let me ponder that thought for a while,
BOOMER SOONER,
until next time,

mrescape43
01-10-2006, 07:59 PM
will i am sure glad to get the year 2005 over w/ it was the worst year in recent memory, UT national champs in baseball and football,
well, i feel very confident about this up coming year in that UT will not do as well in all sports as everyone thinks
they are highly overrated, that is there whole program, OU will reign supreme again in the big 12 this year,
and tell me this who has more national football titles OU or UT, ummmmm let me ponder that thought for a while,
BOOMER SOONER,
until next time,

Who owns the CURRENT NATIONAL TITLE in Baseball and Football ?? HMMMMMMM :thinking: :thinking:

TEXAS LONGHORNS!! :D :clap: :clap:

Bummer Sooner!

Pmoney
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Who owns the CURRENT NATIONAL TITLE in Baseball and Football ?? HMMMMMMM :thinking: :thinking:

TEXAS LONGHORNS!! :D :clap: :clap:

Bummer Sooner!

hahaha yes....Hook 'Em

TPlinebacker53
01-10-2006, 09:29 PM
BOOMER SOONER.

all I ever herd out of SC was reggie reggie reggie and a lil of leinart so u cant say anything about a 1 man team

sinton66
01-10-2006, 09:43 PM
BOOMER SOONER,
until next time,

Heh heh, I can almost guarantee a repeat in baseball.

lobo12
01-11-2006, 02:34 AM
you live in texas and you are an ou fan.......this tells me you went to school at ou or are from the state, or if your from texas than you must be a front runner who liked ou because they were good, ou has beaten ut alot recently but this year they have earned their respect and bragging rights, i am a tech fan that bleeds red...literally lol...and black and i have never yelled more during a game, i was pulling for ut because i am a texan and not because i am a fan but i respect them, and they showed usc what state has the best football

AggieJohn
01-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Heh heh, I can almost guarantee a repeat in baseball. not if my islanders have anything to say about it

District303aPastPlayer
01-11-2006, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
not if my islanders have anything to say about it

They do have the South Texas Collegiate Pitcher of the Year as determined by the Caller Times. but this doesnt include one starting pitcher who attends UT and graduated from Sinton :D