PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Vince!

Phil C
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM
for what you have done for us UT fans! We would have liked for you to have stayed another year but we respect your decision that you feel is best for you. Good luck in your future and I hope the Texans wisely draft you No. 1. But best wishes what ever you do and thank you for everything. Go Horns! Good luck in NFL Vince!

Dogman_1969
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Vince thanks for the memories and I wish you the best in the future.

\m/ Hookem \m/

AggiesAreWe
01-08-2006, 08:42 PM
You people act like Vince reads these message boards. Give me a break.

sinton66
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, we can wish, can't we?

lostaussie
01-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
You people act like Vince reads these message boards. Give me a break. that's funny.............trashy...........but funny!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate44
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
everybody reads these boards.

Dogman_1969
01-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Vince may not but Billy does...................

JHS_c/o_06'
01-08-2006, 09:54 PM

and you act like people care what you post.

As for VY. Thanks for everything. I am a fan for life, wherever you go. Because you brought that beautiful crystal home all the way to Austin Texas BABY! :D

44INAROW
01-08-2006, 09:59 PM

And you know he and/or people like him don't read message boards? By the way, what does a person have to do/be to constitute "people like him"?

Gobbla2001
01-08-2006, 11:08 PM
The most important thing in my reply is to agree with thanking Vince... He is the most dominating player I have ever seen play the game of football on the college level... Maybe it's my age, but I just haven't seen anyone else that would compare besides Reggie Bush, but that's comparing apples to oranges... Bush returns the punts and kickoffs and runs the ball and catches it... VY just takes the snaps... Good luck in the NFL and thanks for bringing a National Title to the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!

As for AggiesAreWe: Jealousy is all that is coming out of your mouth right now... IF we would have made a post for Reggie McNeal you would have been on here leaving him your phone number and what flavor of ice-cream you enjoy most... As if I'd take you seriously anyway judging by your comments just before football season asking why Silsbee was ranked so low and that it was a joke... Obviously we all found out 'why' in the end, your bias just couldn't see through it (and that goes along with your most recent reply)...

Not raggin' on Silsbee or A&M, btw, those are programs that I respect, but one of your posters lost his brain just before birth, so I had to remind him...

sinton66
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Snap!:D

Gobbla2001
01-08-2006, 11:16 PM
nm

Gobbla2001
01-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
all the way to Austin Texas BABY! :D

My step-dad got a kick out of it when he said it like 'that'... I thought it was just a one-timer, but when he saw it on the ESPN Classic replay he got a kick out of it too... never figured my step-father would enjoy slang so much

Chief Ohera
01-09-2006, 12:57 AM
screw VY i have lost all respect for the guy, i used to be a fan of his but now after the way he talked on the podium and what he did by striking that heisman pose just made me sick and also made me realize how big of a selfish ego centered jerk that he is, trust me he wont' do much at the next level, doesn't have the skills and the defenses are not SC's defense and are much quicker and faster than VY himself.
peace, BOOMER SOONER.

hornfan
01-09-2006, 01:31 AM
sounds like someone is a little upset about a loss up in dallas this year and that they did not win the NC, you wanna know who is a jerk though i believe his name starts with A and ends with drian o yea adrian i believe he said he wanted to go to ou to win championships hmmm lets see who won it this year my memory is failing o wait for it o yea it was texas the only other school that was competing for him looks like that did not work out so well for him.

District303aPastPlayer
01-09-2006, 01:39 AM

when you are used to winning, and it does things to you... you should try it... winning that is...

neck_06
01-09-2006, 08:37 AM

LMAO

hata_hurta06
01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
:clap: :hand: :) ha ha

MARLINDOGS
01-09-2006, 09:31 AM
You people act like Vince reads these message boards. Give me a break. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
01-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
screw VY i have lost all respect for the guy, i used to be a fan of his but now after the way he talked on the podium and what he did by striking that heisman pose just made me sick and also made me realize how big of a selfish ego centered jerk that he is, trust me he wont' do much at the next level, doesn't have the skills and the defenses are not SC's defense and are much quicker and faster than VY himself.
peace, BOOMER SOONER.

Come on Chief! This is Vince Young we are talking about going to the NFL - not Jason White.

MARLINDOGS
01-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Come on Chief! This is Vince Young we are talking about going to the NFL - not Jason White. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
peace, BOOMER SOONER.

Man...you're just raining sunshine all over the downlow, aren't you?:rolleyes:

AggiesAreWe
01-09-2006, 08:22 PM
The comparison of that Gobbler made with Young and McNeal and how I would act differently is just wrong. I know that even though Reggie is a fellow Aggie, Vince is just a whole level above him as a player. With that said, neither would garner a personal addressing or thanking from me on this message board like this thread was started from. I just think that is a little over the top IMO. But hey, to each his own and I apologize for my rudeness.

I still stick with my comments on Silsbee's being snubbed in the preseason polls. Thought they deserved better. At least our basketball team is getting the respect they deserve.

Ranger Mom
01-09-2006, 08:29 PM

Ya know...over the past few years we have had several threads dedicated to our Soldiers thanking them. While we have had a few members on the board who serve or were serving, the vast majority of soldiers don't read the dlow either.

It's a nice thoughtful gesture either way!

lostaussie
01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ya know...over the past few years we have had several threads dedicated to our Soldiers thanking them. While we have had a few members on the board who serve or were serving, the vast majority of soldiers don't read the dlow either.

It's a nice thoughtful gesture either way! you always think things out. you have again put in a better perspective:)

AggiesAreWe
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree Ranger Mom, our soldiers are not thanked enough as far as I'm concerned. They should be thanked in any way possible, including this board.

Apples and oranges

Ranger Mom
01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I agree Ranger Mom, our soldiers are not thanked enough as far as I'm concerned. They should be thanked in any way possible, including this board.

Apples and oranges

I agree, it is apples and oranges. I was trying to be PC about it.

So....I will post what I actually thought when I first read your post.... "why in the heck do you care if PhilC wants to thank Vince Young or not?"

I guess I should have just said that in the first place!!

LH Panther Mom
01-09-2006, 08:55 PM
So....I will post what I actually thought when I first read your post.... "why in the heck do you care if PhilC wants to thank Vince Young or not?"

I guess I should have just said that in the first place!!

:clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Ranger Mom your just so sexy when you get like this
:D :p

GetRDoneStangs
01-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

LMAO!!!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
01-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Get like what?? Honest?

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-10-2006, 01:02 AM

It's a nice thoughtful gesture either way! :clap: what ever team VY gets drafted to will probably be my new favorite team in the NFL, currently i dont really like the NFL. VY will usher in a new era for the league and do just as he said he would when he announced his choice on sunday, he wont cry about not getting paid "enough" money, he will do great and wonderful things. I have the utmost confidence in him.