PDA

View Full Version : Could Pittman replace Vince @ QB???

theyoefnshow
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Now I'm not saying this as a Cameron Yoemen fan, I'm saying it in all seriousness. Vince is the current starter and his back up Nordgeren (sp?) is a senior. Other than Billy and Quan Cosby (2A Mart SUPERSTAR QB) who else has QB experience that is there now? He was the first 4 year starter @ QB in Cameron and the only 4 year starter I can think of there in recent memory. I just can't see a true freshman coming in to lead the charge on an offense that is only losing (other than Vince) David Thomas (though that is a big loss in itself).

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 03:04 PM
right now the only other qb on the roster under scholarship is Colt McCoy from Jim Ned HS. Javon Snead of Stephenville will enroll in the srping i have been informed and will go through Spring Drills. Snead looked really good in the All-Star game in S.A. so he might be another candidate. I also figure that several other QB recruits will express more interest now that VY is gone.

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 03:05 PM
but I also think that Pittman will possibly get some looks at QB in the spring.

VWG
01-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I seriously doubt Pittman will get a look at QB. You've got a redshirt freshman in McCoy and Snead from Stephenville.
Not to downplay the ability of Pittman, but he is better suited as a WR than a QB at Texas.
Both Snead and McCoy have better arms, and I think Snead is just a great player. One thing also, how tall is Pittman?
Is the tall enough to play QB at UT?

ILS1
01-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I think Pittman will stay @ WR because he has GREAT hands and runs GREAT routes!!! I think a young QB will look to throw to him in tough situations!!! But I could be wrong!!!

:D

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe with MCCoy at QB his realtionship with Shipley will help out Shipley. WOuld be nice to see him healthy and on the field. Colt has the tools I just dont know how fine tuned they are yet.

sinton66
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
They have a pitcher on the Baseball team that was also a four year starter at QB in high school, and played in one 3AD1 championship game. Doubt the baseball coach will be willing to let him go out for football, but he is there.

pirate4state
01-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
They have a pitcher on the Baseball team that was also a four year starter at QB in high school, and played in one 3AD1 championship game. Doubt the baseball coach will be willing to let him go out for football, but he is there. :D :thinking: :D

sahen
01-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Now I'm not saying this as a Cameron Yoemen fan, I'm saying it in all seriousness. Vince is the current starter and his back up Nordgeren (sp?) is a senior. Other than Billy and Quan Cosby (2A Mart SUPERSTAR QB) who else has QB experience that is there now? He was the first 4 year starter @ QB in Cameron and the only 4 year starter I can think of there in recent memory. I just can't see a true freshman coming in to lead the charge on an offense that is only losing (other than Vince) David Thomas (though that is a big loss in itself).
it definitely wont be Cosby, he was an option QB at Mart....

sinton66
01-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:D :thinking: :D

He also has three yaers of elgibility left.:D

Old Tiger
01-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I think if Snead comes in and has a good spring drill and does well in the orange/white scrimmage that he could start as a true freshmen.

AggieJohn
01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
what about nordgreen or whoever

Old Tiger
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
That dude is slow....lol and I think he's a senior

theyoefnshow
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
what about nordgreen or whoever

graduates

AggieJohn
01-08-2006, 04:13 PM
or afl or cfl in other words

Matthew328
01-08-2006, 04:29 PM
don't forget about Sherrod Harris another highly touted QB recruit who committed to UT....

eagles_victory
01-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Matt McCoy is also on the roster as a quaterback he will be a senior next year.

sinton66
01-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I don't think UT will have much trouble finding a capable QB. VY is sort of one of a kind, but others can do well in the Texas scheme.

Chris Hart
01-08-2006, 04:44 PM
With skill players like Charles, Young, Taylor, Sweed, Pittman, Cosby and Shipley surrounding the new QB, it should be easy to find one that will be productive. IMO, Snead is head and shoulders above the rest talent wise, McCoy may get the nod this coming year due to having a year of practice. But, it wouldn't surprise me to see Snead be the starter by year's end, or even a QB rotation. I can't think of a better time to have the problem of starting a freshmen QB, with all the talent surrounding him, I think I could make the all Big 12 first team, lol.:)

Matthew328
01-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I wonder if UT would consider getting a JUCO stop gap kinda guy??

sinton66
01-08-2006, 05:03 PM
They should go get that pitcher from the baseball team.:D

sinton66
01-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I wonder if UT would consider getting a JUCO stop gap kinda guy??

Maybe, if they could find a good one. HMMMMM, where is Daugherty now?;)