PDA

View Full Version : Question....

lepfan
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I read the AAS online each day. Each day since winning the national championship there has been a pic relating to that....if you were to read the articles and look at the pictures they have posted over the past few days you would think VY is the sole player. (as well as hearing what some have to say) Don't get me wrong I know he did a great job and all, but it seems that some of the other players should be getting some of the credit too.

Bullaholic
01-08-2006, 11:44 AM
I think your analysis is essentially correct, lepfan, but I think there are several underlying motivations which may be driving the "VY" hyping:

1. It is very possible that Vince Young will declare for the NFL draft. Everybody wants to help "boost" his stock as high as possible in order to insure that he gets the biggest deal possible.

2. America just loves a "hero". It seems there were not many players in any of the bowl games that turned in a performance of the "heroic" proportions that Vince Young did in the Rose Bowl. The "time" and the "place" were storybook perfect. This seems to happen in every sport, every season----we want our "hero"---this year it is Vince Young.

3. No question that Vince Young's UT teammates also played 60 minutes of tough, intense, football in front of the national "magnifying glass". Maybe some of their efforts will be recognized more, once Vince has ridden off into the NFL sunset.

Maroon87
01-08-2006, 11:52 AM
That's true, Bullaholic. David Thomas had a huge game with 10 catches, most of them on 3rd down conversions. He should be a first round pick too, IMO.

3afan
01-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
.... Everybody wants to help "boost" his stock as high as possible in order to insure that he gets the biggest deal possible.

I doubt the AAS cares about VY's "deal" ... they are doing what they think will sell the most papers

LH Panther Mom
01-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think your analysis is essentially correct, lepfan, but I think there are several underlying motivations which may be driving the "VY" hyping:

1. It is very possible that Vince Young will declare for the NFL draft. Everybody wants to help "boost" his stock as high as possible in order to insure that he gets the biggest deal possible.

Last night on the news, they talked about this. From what they said, one of VY's "people" (have no clue who his "peeps" are) said he is strongly considering it. AND, the Texans are definitely not taking the "home-town" boy, but are taking Bush.

I guess we'll know something on/by the 15th. And I do agree that some of the others should get some post-game recognition.

Maroon87
01-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm hearing that Young to the pros is pretty much a done deal. If the Texans take Bush, hopefully the Titans can get Young so he can study under Steve McNair.

Bullaholic
01-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I doubt the AAS cares about VY's "deal" ... they are doing what they think will sell the most papers

That's sort of what I meant in No. 2 of my post above, 3AFan---you just said it more to the point.

mrescape43
01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
If UT's Oline had performed anywhere near the way Tech's oline did in their game, VY wouldn't be thinking of declaring for NFL. He would still be recovering from turfburns. The oline gave him plenty of time to see the holes or receivers.

lepfan
01-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
If UT's Oline had performed anywhere near the way Tech's oline did in their game, VY wouldn't be thinking of declaring for NFL. He would still be recovering from turfburns. The oline gave him plenty of time to see the holes or receivers.

That is what I am saying....VY would not be VY without his O-line! I have been raised with there is no 'I' in TEAM...I am by no means a ut fan and I do believe VY is not the only one who won the game. I would like to see some talk on here about the other guys and the good they did to reach the ultimate goal!

Gobbla2001
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Vince Young is a great athlete physically... But also has the game in his heart and in his soul... But I do agree, you have to credit those other players as well...

On the touchdown to win the game, Michael Moore could have atleast picked up the first down (if he didn't stop for doughnuts and twinkies during the play), the line did a nice job of keeping everyone occupied, they did all night... And it would not have been possible at all without the great defensive stand on the other end...

I say the offense may lose a bit of power next year when it comes to Vince and Thomas being gone, but they will plug someone else in back there and they will get it done the best way they can... As Macky did with Vince, he will do with the next QB I believe, he will try and be loose with him and call the offense around him etc...