PDA

View Full Version : Got this private message from RoTEX

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 12:03 AM
I edited out the curse words.. I sent him my address we will see if he and the boys show.

ORIGINAL PM HAS BEEN DELETED

Edited by Ranger Mom. After looking back over the rules as they are written, I am taking the PM off. While I don't agree with what was written in the PM, the rules state that a PM may not be posted on the public forum.
oh yeah GO WYLIE BULLDOGS

oldcrow
01-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Somebody forgot their medicine:doh:

Whsdogs
01-08-2006, 12:11 AM
haha is that dude serious...i would say i have your back...but i dont think you would need my assistance lol

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 12:14 AM
im not too worried about it but your welcome to come cheer me on.

AggieJohn
01-08-2006, 12:16 AM
honestly, grow up, and i think that posting a message that includes the contents of a PM is not allowed...

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
honestly, grow up, and i think that posting a message that includes the contents of a PM is not allowed...

Me grow up? How about you worry about you and I will worry about me?

pirate4state
honestly, grow up, and i think that posting a message that includes the contents of a PM is not allowed... you are correct:

7). Do not divulge contents of Private Messages.
Private messages are meant to be private. Do not post private messages you receive in an open thread.

:(

injuredinmelee
and if it is in my pm box i can pretty much do whatever i so desire with it.

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
ok then I am wrong on that account.

SWMustang
01-08-2006, 12:45 AM
So there are rules against posting pm messages on an open thread but no rules about threatening someone in a PM? That's BS. I'm glad Injured inmelee posted this so everyone knows what kind of Whacko Rotex is.

SilsbeeD
01-08-2006, 01:31 AM
whats the point of letting people see this man...its your own problem so you deal with it. If you feel threatened send it to a mod or something but dont post it.

GreenMonster
01-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
whats the point of letting people see this man...its your own problem so you deal with it. If you feel threatened send it to a mod or something but dont post it.

I personally like that Injured posted it here for all to see. Why?? Because I believe that Private Messages like this one are entirely opposed to the spirit of the Downlow. When one stoops to the extreme low of threatening bodily harm to another over one's opinion is rather rediculous. This is an open forum for one and all to express their opinions in public. We all know this and we all know that if we disagree we can either ignore what we just read or we can express our disagreement by replying in the thread. As far as it being against the Rules to post anything from a private message goes, there are exceptions to every rule. This in my opinion is a perfect case for an exception to the rule. Anytime that anyone threatens you with physical harm you should let someone else know.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2006, 02:24 AM
Just out of curiosity, what brought that PM on in the first place?

GreenMonster
01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just out of curiosity, what brought that PM on in the first place?

I think it has to do with the Vince Young thread.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Yeah...I just now saw the "reported post" on it. I read over the entire thread and still don't see where what injured posted warranted the abusive PM he received, IMO!

GreenMonster
01-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah...I just now saw the "reported post" on it. I read over the entire thread and still don't see where what injured posted warranted the abusive PM he received, IMO!

I think RoTex is out of his mind. He must not know Injured. That's a big ol' boy. :D

AggieJohn
01-08-2006, 02:47 AM
so is it getting erased or not RM?

District303aPastPlayer
01-08-2006, 02:49 AM
i think its funny

Ranger Mom
01-08-2006, 02:57 AM
so is it getting erased or not RM?

I am gonna do some checking. I thought it was against the rules and don't believe there are any "exceptions" to that rule.

I am gonna get the opinion of at least one more mod and see what they say, then go from there.

AggieJohn
01-08-2006, 03:01 AM
I am gonna do some checking. I thought it was against the rules and don't believe there are any "exceptions" to that rule.

I am gonna get the opinion of at least one more mod and see what they say, then go from there.

see i'm not causing any trouble anymore......just reporting it....
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~raza/foiled.jpg

GreenMonster
01-08-2006, 03:51 AM
OMG...... AJ, sometimes you friggin slay me. That's a great pic.

District303aPastPlayer
01-08-2006, 06:32 AM
thats true it is

3afan
01-08-2006, 08:35 AM
IMO only a wuss would send a threatening PM ...

sinton66
01-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
ok then I am wrong on that account.

Yes, you are wrong for having posted it in an open thread. There are several other options. Threats such as this constitute a violation of the law. You could report it to the proper authorities and have the offender charged with making a terroristic threat. It wouldn't be that hard for them to find him. You can share private messages with your friends via the pm system if you choose to do so, but it is against our rules to make them public.

I have a question, however. Since Ro-Tex is banned from 3ADownlow, how did he manage to send you a pm on here?

Ranger Mom
01-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yes, you are wrong for having posted it in an open thread. There are several other options. Threats such as this constitute a violation of the law. You could report it to the proper authorities and have the offender charged with making a terroristic threat. It wouldn't be that hard for them to find him. You can share private messages with your friends via the pm system if you choose to do so, but it is against our rules to make them public.

I have a question, however. Since Ro-Tex is banned from 3ADownlow, how did he manage to send you a pm on here?

I took the original PM off, but I never thought about the fact that he was ROMMED.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
01-08-2006, 09:23 AM
I took the original PM off, but I never thought about the fact that he was ROMMED.:thinking:
Different RoTex.....RoTexRider3.

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I do apologize for posting the pm. I was unaware of the rule and I realize that ignorance of the law is no excuse. I am not worried about the threat I find it quite humorous actually I just wanted everyone to see wht type of person that we were dealing with since rotex has done nothing but cause trouble with all his different names since he joined the board.

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 09:52 AM
see i'm not causing any trouble anymore......just reporting it....

lmbo wah wah wah mommy he is being bad

oldcrow
01-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Too much drama:eek:

GreenMonster
01-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by oldcrow
Too much drama:eek: I agree. BTW, nice to see you learned how to spell mansion lol.

oldcrow
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I was never a big winner in the board game scrable:D

SintonFan
01-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I just wanted everyone to see wht type of person that we were dealing with since rotex has done nothing but cause trouble with all his different names since he joined the board.
Just curious iim, exactly who sent you that pm?

Gobbla2001
01-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Ban all ignorant Cuero posters...

IF they make us good ones look bad, give them no warning and no explanations, just get it done :D

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I have to assure you that I do not let this reflect negatively on Cuero posters. We had a couple this last season from Wylie that I was glad to see gone. I know there are some good folks on here from there and in this case one bad apple wont spoil the whole bunch in my eyes.

Bullaholic
01-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

IF they make us good ones look bad, give them no warning and no explanations, just get it done :D

Now who told you that you were one of the "good" guys, Gobbla? :D

SintonFan
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

lol
:D

oldcrow
01-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Sooo how's the weather?:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
01-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by oldcrow
Sooo how's the weather?:rolleyes:

it was cloudy this morning...i wanna talk about the clouds!

SWMustang
01-08-2006, 07:54 PM
So, is the Rotex Poster banned or not?

sinton66
01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
RoTex and RoTexRider3 are different people. The original RoTex was banned some time ago. This one hasn't been, yet.

Phil C
01-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I agree that pms are what they say private messages that should be confidentual between two posters and is no one else's business. But at the same time they should not be insulting or abusive. Remember let's disagree respectfully without being disagreeable. It you can't do that it would be best to avoid pms.