PDA

View Full Version : well, that was fun!

CHS_CG
01-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks to the idiots next door flickin a cigerette out while he was working on a car, we had 132 acres around our house just burned up. There was nobody hurt or houses burned up but damn did it scared me! The fire came right up to our property line and close to our shop we have out here, it jumped the RR tracks and burned a field over there, BNSF had RR ties sittin in front of the tracks and it burned up 32 of those. Like I said nobody was hurt but the guy did get a burn ban violation ticket. Please everybody who smokes.. be smart and dont flip a cigerette out the window when its this dry out side! Use your head for something besides holding your ears apart!

mrescape43
01-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Good to hear that you didn't lose anything. The fire danger is as high as I have ever seen it since I have been on the FD. (22 years). We need some rain really bad.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 07:37 PM
my pet peeves

1. People who do not fill up the ice trays.

2. People that flick a cigarette onto the ground. Guess what morons it doesnt just desenegrate. It stays there forever. When it gets wet it absorbs water and gets bigger then splits into more pieces. Most smokers dont throw other pieces of debris onto the groundso why do they think that it is okay to toss their butts.

3. People who have pet peeves.

lostaussie
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
i'm glad nothing burned up also. but when you said "that was fun" i had some crazy thoughts!!!!!!!!!:devil:

football4life
01-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Fires are shooting up all over the state. This drought is starting to become seriously dangerous.

pirate4state
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Thanks to the idiots next door flickin a cigerette out while he was working on a car, we had 132 acres around our house just burned up. There was nobody hurt or houses burned up but damn did it scared me! The fire came right up to our property line and close to our shop we have out here, it jumped the RR tracks and burned a field over there, BNSF had RR ties sittin in front of the tracks and it burned up 32 of those. Like I said nobody was hurt but the guy did get a burn ban violation ticket. Please everybody who smokes.. be smart and dont flip a cigerette out the window when its this dry out side! Use your head for something besides holding your ears apart! :eek: scary...glad to hear no damage to you or your property.

mrescape43
01-08-2006, 12:44 AM
One of the guys I work with got a call from his stepson in Waco a little bit ago. Told us that authorities had evacuated the apartment complex where he lives due to threat from wildfire.