PDA

View Full Version : Kinda of Ironic

Dogman_1969
01-07-2006, 03:29 PM
While watching the Army All American game I remembered Adrain Peterson and what he said when he committed to OU. He said "I'm going to OU because they win Championships". As it has turned out if he would have went to Texas he would have played in a Title game and won it. If Vince comes back to UT next year AD could have possibly been part of a back to back team.

I think OU will improve but I don't expect them to win a National Championship while AD is there. I bet he regrets that statement........

Phil C
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
It is ironic that he said that Dog. He also didn't feel Texas developed their players even though he should have considered the ones from UT that have been successful in the pros. I think he was actually a Longhorn fan and even went to the Texas vs OU game as a UT guest. It was that game that Texas lost bad that he decided (I think) to go to OU. Too bad he couldn't realize what Mack and Vincent were working toward. He could have been a part of an NC championship team. So could Martellus and RP. Too bad guys.

gobbler grad
01-07-2006, 04:17 PM
you can bet A.Peterson will never win a national championship with OU...:thinking: :thinking:

Gobbla2001
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I believe a Palestine player he played with was starting at DT for OU, so that may have been another reason he went... He played in the championship last year, so he would have almost been right until this past week...

It is ironic though, I agree...

lepfan
01-07-2006, 05:29 PM
It also helped that he was treated a bit differently by the two teams during recruitment. :)

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 05:40 PM
So could Martellus and RP.

I am glad a person of the character of RP didnt end up on the 40 Acres.

mrescape43
01-07-2006, 06:52 PM
I think that it is funny. I remember him quoting that OU always played for the NC and Texas didn't. That one came back to bite him in the B***

eagles_victory
01-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is ironic that he said that Dog. He also didn't feel Texas developed their players even though he should have considered the ones from UT that have been successful in the pros. I think he was actually a Longhorn fan and even went to the Texas vs OU game as a UT guest. It was that game that Texas lost bad that he decided (I think) to go to OU. Too bad he couldn't realize what Mack and Vincent were working toward. He could have been a part of an NC championship team. So could Martellus and RP. Too bad guys. I think you might be right because I live 30 miles away from Palestine and heard from several sources Texas was his top choice and then after that game everyone started saying it was going to be OU.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 10:27 PM
hard to blame him for the embarrassing effort that UT put up that day.

GreenMonster
01-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Sorry, I have to disagree with several of the posts here. OU will be back on track this next year. I think we saw that at the Holiday Bowl against Oregon. OU rolled through the second half of their schedule and lost to Tech on a questionable TD. Personally, I see the Texas/OU winner in next years' National Championship game. If Vince goes pro then OU will win that game.

Dogman_1969
01-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I think OU is in trouble. The great lineman they had graduated and that started the downfall to ou. UT puts it on them again next year as Vince puts up big numbers again in hte Red River Shoot out

injuredinmelee
01-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sorry, I have to disagree with several of the posts here. OU will be back on track this next year. I think we saw that at the Holiday Bowl against Oregon. OU rolled through the second half of their schedule and lost to Tech on a questionable TD. Personally, I see the Texas/OU winner in next years' National Championship game. If Vince goes pro then OU will win that game.
I have to agree with your Oregon synopsis. Oregon was a PAC10 joke.