PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Moody to USC

kepdawg
01-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Moody, from Coppell, is considered by many to be the #1 RB coming out of the state of Texas this year. He originally committed to Texas, but decommitted in November. Today he announced his decision choosing USC over Miami.

piratebg
01-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I guess that they are trying to take some of the talent away from Texas.

Phil C
01-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I have heard that after he had originally verbally committed to Texas he started to waiver so Coach Brown withdrew the offer from Texas because he had enough good players who wanted to come to UT without hesitation so this announcement didn't surprise me at all. Maybe KTJ has more insight on this.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Macjk isnt goign to mess with these kids that are abusing the system of recruiting anymore after he got burned by the POS Perilloux last year. When a kid gives you his word then thats all you can take him for. When he starts shopping himself around after he committs you cant afford to hold a scholarship and then he go somewhere else in feb.

kepdawg
01-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Well Texas was not a consideration anymore, so no it is not surprising that he went elsewhere.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 01:44 PM
really when you think about it UT is RB rich right now.

mrescape43
01-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Moody probably changed his mind when he saw how much success Charles and Taylor were having. Especially Charles who is just a frosh. Anyway, Texas will do just fine without him.

KTJ
01-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I thank Pete Carroll for taking Moody off of our hands.

That's what I think of this situation.

lepfan
01-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
they are trying to take some of the talent away from Texas. Geez, how many times do I have to say it...NO ONE TAKES THE TALENT AWAY.....THE TALENT CHOOSES WHERE THEY WANT TO GO!!! When you phrase it like that it makes it look like you are whining. :)

lostaussie
01-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Macjk isnt goign to mess with these kids that are abusing the system of recruiting anymore after he got burned by the POS Perilloux last year. When a kid gives you his word then thats all you can take him for. When he starts shopping himself around after he committs you cant afford to hold a scholarship and then he go somewhere else in feb. if you don't think mack brown won't go after a kid that has already committed to another school you are crazy. that's basically what you have just said.