PDA

View Full Version : Do We Realize?

kepdawg
01-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Do we realize how good we have it watching football in the state of Texas? I think most of us believe we do, but I think deep down most of us take it for granted. I've grown up watching Jasper, WOS, Newton, La Marque, Denison, Stephenville, Highland Park, Ennis, Wichita Falls, Sweetwater, Denton Ryan, SLC, Celina, Austin Westlake, Tyler John Tyler, and so on. The teams and players we have the privilege of watching is unbelievable. I got to see two All-American QB's go head to head in a semifinal classic this year! That's awesome and I don't think I really appreciate it as much as I should! I don't know what the point of this post is, so I'll end it like this. Isn't Texas High School Football great!?!

District303aPastPlayer
01-07-2006, 01:08 AM
thats what it is!!!

3afan
01-07-2006, 06:57 AM
after being up in VA for 90% of the football season I can vouch for kepdawg's statement first hand .... YES, IT IS GREAT!

sinton66
01-07-2006, 10:17 AM
I've been other places in my lifetime too, and it just doesn't get any better than Texas (in more ways than just high school football). I don't think there's any other place in the nation with the passion for the game that Texans have. People willing to pack up the car and drive hundreds of miles to watch their favorite team play are the normal for this great state. Fans fill up the stadiums at almost every level of classification. God bless Texas.

3afan
01-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I watched a few VA playoff games on TV and until they get to the state title games they play in HS stadiums. A team very close to me made it to a final (they lost) but they played their semifinal at home ... their stadium (LINK (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=43100+Hay+Road+,+20147&ll=39.049269,-77.511131&spn=0.004508,0.010192&t=k)) seats 2500 according to the school web site and it was about 80% full from what I could tell .... this was AAA which is the 2nd biggest in VA

Maroon87
01-07-2006, 11:09 AM
This past year in pro & college sports in Texas has been unreal. Spurs, Astros, UT football and baseball, Baylor women's hoops. We might never have it this good again...

Old Tiger
01-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
This past year in pro & college sports in Texas has been unreal. Spurs, Astros, UT football and baseball, Baylor women's hoops. We might never have it this good again... It's not about the workouts, the coaches, the fans, or any of the other things that are associated with football. It's about the kids love of the game.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I went to some games in Los Angeles in 2003 and their were two teams first game of the year that were ranked top ten in that area of the state (since they dont have a state title in CA in football) and there were maybe 3000 people there. It was a joke. Of course it was sort of in the ghetto but come on.