PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young going Pro, according to TOC

Chris Hart
01-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Quoted off the Old Coach site

Quote- " I have it directly from one of the starting 22 at UT. He has already told close teammates and will announce to an Austin crowd. Done deal! "

SintonFan
01-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Nooooooooo!
I guess Will Ferrel conVinced him afterall.:doh:

oldcrow
01-06-2006, 09:11 PM
TOC is a fraud

Leopards,class of 75
01-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Quoted off the Old Coach site

Quote- " I have it directly from one of the starting 22 at UT. He has already told close teammates and will announce to an Austin crowd. Done deal! " You can't really blame him if he does, even though I wished he would stay another year with Texas.

Gobbla2001
01-07-2006, 01:39 AM
I wished he'd stay another year myself... but he really can't increase his stock, it can only go down (unless he jumps into the endzone from the 20, then the NFL would cancel every season until Vince Young dies, pay him the big bucks and crown him NFL champion until play resumes)...

Good luck Vince, in whatever you may chose...

However, if one of the starting 22 and close teammates know, then everyone would know by now...

TOC is not on the top of the list of the "You need to know this info" sites...

sinton66
01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I doubt Vince intends to be the first draftee to leave Texas as an underclassman (under Mack Brown). He has said many times in public that he is coming back for his senior year. He said as much in his interview after the rose bowl when they handed him the MVP. I'm sure Vince would LOVE to be drafted by the hometown Texans, but we need to remember that Professional Football is a business. The Texans will do what they think is right for their organization, and frankly, I don't think they see an advantage to drafting Vince this year. I saw an article in the paper Tuesday or Wednesday that said they were'nt interested in trading Carr, and would select Bush in the draft. Now, if there was some way they could get Bush AND Vince, that might be a different story.

I also agree with Gobbla, if his team mates knew, we would too by now. It would be in every newspaper in the land.

Maroon87
01-07-2006, 11:13 AM
I can't blame him one bit.

sinton66
01-07-2006, 11:26 AM
I think winning the Heisman is one of Vince's goals even though I've never heard him say that. He was disappointed in not doing so this year, and I think he will come back next year if for no other reason. As far as building his stock, if he comes back, wins the Heisman and leads Texas to another shot at a NC, I don't see how it could get any better than that. I sincerely hope he comes back.

I personally was elated when Vince committed to Texas out of high school. I am truly thankful for what he has done for the UT program. Regardless of what he decides to do, in me, he has a fan for life.

Old Tiger
01-07-2006, 11:33 AM
I think if it was true it would already be over ESPN and all the other media sources. Maybe some local news channels who knows

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 12:24 PM
stay Vince stay. you dont want to end up with the Texans runnign for your life every down