PDA

View Full Version : UT's football schedule next year is tough!

Phil C
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
and that is with or without Vince. Here it is below (dates are for 2006 and out of Austin games are identified):

Sept. 2 North Texas - This team will be tough next year. Don't be fooled. Last year they recruited a top defensive player who will be a soph when we play him. Dangerous indeed.

Sept. 9 Ohio State - This will be a top ranked team with a great QB and will be wanting revenge. Remember they just beat ND in a bowl game and will be very dangerous. Luckily for us the game is in Austin.

Sept 16 at Rice - Always a dangerous team. They will have a new coach next year and remember they cost us an NC in 1962 with a 14 - 14 tie.

Sept 23 Iowa State - almost won the northern conference until the last game of the year. They narrowly lost to TCU in the bowls this year. Dangerous and scary times indeed.

Sept 30 Sam Houston State - a dangerous team. They almos won the Division 2 Championship game two years ago. This is a risky team for us.

October 7 - Oklahoma in Dallas - very fearful. Adrian will be back and Bomar will be a year older. This is going to be a real shootout folks. OK will be back and very tough.

October 14 Baylor - Any team with Bill Bradly coaching will be dangerous. Get ready for a thriller.

October 21 at Nebraska - Very dangerous. Plus Nebraska ended the season with big wins whipping Colorado and won over Michigan in the bowl game. The worse thing is we may have to face them again at the Big 12 Championship game. :(

October 29 at Texas Tech - OMG we have to go to Lubbock which is always dangerous for the Longhorns! :(

November 4 Oklahoma State - always tough for the Horns. The past two years they have had big halftime leads over us. We had better get ready. Fortunately the game is in Austin.

November 11 at Kansas State - who is always a powerful team. Very dangerous indeed.

November 24 Texas A&M - very dangerous. Plus their dynamic QB will be a year older and more experience. Very scary indeed. And don't forget Martellus - the dangerous receiver.

Bullaholic
01-06-2006, 05:06 PM
All of them will lose their "composure", Phil----The Longhorns won't. The University Tower will stay lit all season, Phil.

Pmoney
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Phil...i cant understand you...you say your a longhorn fan but all you do is worry....have faith in the horns! they will be good to you if you are

hornfan
01-06-2006, 05:36 PM
are you kidding me i think you can find something on every team out there that could i said could scare you but none of those things except blow u game and the tech game even come close to scaring me if vince comes back but if he does not well that is just another story and i dont want to think about that because i believe he will be back

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
The Ohio State game scares me the most. Their QB was playing lights out at the end of the season. I hate that we are playing Sam houston St. I make fun of the ags and sand ags for that kind of game. Its a BS game and does us NO good at all.

Adidas410s
01-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The Ohio State game scares me the most. Their QB was playing lights out at the end of the season. I hate that we are playing Sam houston St. I make fun of the ags and sand ags for that kind of game. Its a BS game and does us NO good at all.
they are probably still a better team than Rice is!

PHIL...NOBODY CARES WHAT RICE DID TO TEXAS IN 1962!!! THEY HAVEN'T DONE IT SINCE!!!

pirate4state
01-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
they are probably still a better team than Rice is!

PHIL...NOBODY CARES WHAT RICE DID TO TEXAS IN 1962!!! THEY HAVEN'T DONE IT SINCE!!! LOL! Phil is just being Phil :o He means well. ;) :D

AP Panther Fan
01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL! Phil is just being Phil

Ha ha...I thought the same thing, but you know....it as been awhile since we have seen one of these. Think about it! :D

Adidas410s
01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
LOL! Phil is just being Phil :o He means well. ;) :D

Oh I know that...just wondering when a dose of REALITY might set in!

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2006, 06:20 PM
LOL! Phil is just being Phil :o He means well. ;) :D
And he sucked a few in along the way. :D

Sweetwater Red
01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
and that is with or without Vince. Here it is below (dates are for 2006 and out of Austin games are identified):

Sept. 2 North Texas - This team will be tough next year. Don't be fooled. Last year they recruited a top defensive player who will be a soph when we play him. Dangerous indeed.

Sept. 9 Ohio State - This will be a top ranked team with a great QB and will be wanting revenge. Remember they just beat ND in a bowl game and will be very dangerous. Luckily for us the game is in Austin.

Sept 16 at Rice - Always a dangerous team. They will have a new coach next year and remember they cost us an NC in 1962 with a 14 - 14 tie.

Sept 23 Iowa State - almost won the northern conference until the last game of the year. They narrowly lost to TCU in the bowls this year. Dangerous and scary times indeed.

Sept 30 Sam Houston State - a dangerous team. They almos won the Division 2 Championship game two years ago. This is a risky team for us.

October 7 - Oklahoma in Dallas - very fearful. Adrian will be back and Bomar will be a year older. This is going to be a real shootout folks. OK will be back and very tough.

October 14 Baylor - Any team with Bill Bradly coaching will be dangerous. Get ready for a thriller.

October 21 at Nebraska - Very dangerous. Plus Nebraska ended the season with big wins whipping Colorado and won over Michigan in the bowl game. The worse thing is we may have to face them again at the Big 12 Championship game. :(

October 29 at Texas Tech - OMG we have to go to Lubbock which is always dangerous for the Longhorns! :(

November 4 Oklahoma State - always tough for the Horns. The past two years they have had big halftime leads over us. We had better get ready. Fortunately the game is in Austin.

November 11 at Kansas State - who is always a powerful team. Very dangerous indeed.

November 24 Texas A&M - very dangerous. Plus their dynamic QB will be a year older and more experience. Very scary indeed. And don't forget Martellus - the dangerous receiver.

Are you kidding me ?? SLC could beat some of the teams on this
schedule...

AggieJohn
01-06-2006, 07:15 PM
phil, you use dangerous like 15 times with a 12 team schedule.....calm down...texas goes 12-1 next year with a BCS win that WON"T be in tempe

SintonFan
01-06-2006, 07:22 PM

LOL
:thumbsup:
I bet Baylor will meet Bayer after that game. Thrilling indeed.:)

sinton66
01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
phil, you use dangerous like 15 times with a 12 team schedule.....calm down...texas goes 12-1 next year with a BCS win that WON"T be in tempe

You really thing Ohio State will beat Texas next year?:D

District303aPastPlayer
01-07-2006, 12:27 AM
is phil being phil along the same lines as manny being manny?

lepfan
01-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And he sucked a few in along the way. :D It is amusing to watch. ;)

Phil C
01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
With Applewhite coming along with a new dynamic coach Rice is now extra dangerous.

Phil C
01-09-2006, 05:46 PM
With Applewhite coming along with a new dynamic coach Rice is now extra dangerous.

What I mean is that Major being there increases the risk.

HighSchool Fan
01-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
It is amusing to watch. ;)

it used to be, well it was the first time.

Phil C
01-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
it used to be, well it was the first time.

Get ready for a thousand more! :D

HighSchool Fan
01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Get ready for a thousand more! :D

we've seen 6857 useless post, what's another 1000

lostaussie
01-09-2006, 06:00 PM
10 dangerous
1 fearful
1 very tough
:clap::clap::clap:

Phil C
01-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
we've seen 6857 useless post, what's another 1000

or 2000! :)

AggieJohn
01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You really thing Ohio State will beat Texas next year?:D i do after today's events

Old Tiger
01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Mack says he wants Ohio St. game to be at 2 pm in the Texas heat!

Paratrooper
01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
All these teams are not "dangerous". I mean dern, some of them outright suck! Texas is ranked #2 as far as recruiting new freshmen in the nation this year and EVEN WITHOUT YOUNG I bet they will still show up preseason #1 or #2. Texas is going to be the team to beat next year. Will they have some tough games like Ohio State.....dang right they will, but please, NORTH TEXAS.....they will be lucky they don't squashed by the 1st quarter.

SnyTigBaseB07
01-09-2006, 11:37 PM

Thats right ya'll

Baylors gonna be a contender! lol god i hope so!

Rainman
01-09-2006, 11:44 PM
All these teams are not "dangerous". I mean dern, some of them outright suck! Texas is ranked #2 as far as recruiting new freshmen in the nation this year and EVEN WITHOUT YOUNG I bet they will still show up preseason #1 or #2. Texas is going to be the team to beat next year. Will they have some tough games like Ohio State.....dang right they will, but please, NORTH TEXAS.....they will be lucky they don't squashed by the 1st quarter.

Without Young they will be lucky to make the top five which I feel is incorrect, but propably true. Texas will have trouble with OSU both from Oklahoma and from Ohio.

Rainman
01-09-2006, 11:51 PM
On a simular note no team in the country will have a hard non-conference schedule than Rice with an opening road trip to UCLA, then Texas in Houston, then a trip to Florida State and finally a trip to West Point and the Army.
Texas has five teams that had bowl games on next years schedule and a D1-AA school and seven of the twelve games are at home.
Rice has seven teams that played in bowl games and all teams are D1-A and seven games on the road.

MARLINDOGS
01-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Mack says he wants Ohio St. game to be at 2 pm in the Texas heat! :thinking: The sad thing is alot of Texas players cant even hardly handle the heat.Then it might be a game to see how many players are still standing at the end.

neck_06
01-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
All of them will lose their "composure", Phil----The Longhorns won't. The University Tower will stay lit all season, Phil.

until the last week when A&M whipps them in Austin!!!

DaHop72
01-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
Or not.:D :D

Buccaneer
01-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i do after today's events

He intimated that Texas' one lost would be to Ohio State and not your Aggies. And you agreed!

Bearkat
01-10-2006, 09:52 AM

Oh yeah!! Watch out horns, the BEARKATS could sneak up on you. OK, lets be real. There is no chance a 3-7, 1AA, team comes back the next year and beats the defending national champions. This game is about a huge pay-day for SHSU. For some reason Texas couldn't get another game scheduled so they called on the mighty BEARKATS. I think this happened in 1997. The aggies scheduled the BEARKATS, paid them a quarter of a million dollars, and beat them 60 something to 3. SHSU did score first though. Too bad it wasn't sudden death.

KTJ
01-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by neck_06

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that won't be happening. It will be 7 in a row after t+1 this year and you can bet the farm on that one. (no pun intended.)

With that said, Ohio State loses the prime of their defense next year so they won't be as immortal as people are making them out to be, albeit not as immortal as people thought USC was.

Bulldog_12
01-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

With that said, Ohio State loses the prime of their defense next year so they won't be as immortal as people are making them out to be, albeit not as immortal as people thought USC was.

The same can be said about UT's offense. The PRIME of their offense is leaving.