PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Non-District Games

Bullaholic
01-06-2006, 02:44 PM
How many of your coaches look for new, competitive teams to play in non-district games? I think it is great when coaches look around in their area for "strong" programs to play, especially ones they have never played before. I think it is good when teams like Cuero and Sinton try to schedule each other. I hope more coaches will follow suit and try to play teams which have a great following and tradition. There are a lot of teams which are fairly close to each other, who may haver never played. We have discussed in previous threads the "pros" and "cons" of a strong pre-district schedule, but from a fan standpoint I hope more coaches will seek out great programs that they have never played.

I would like to see Bridgeport schedule Celina or Abilene Wylie and some of the others within a reasonable distance whom we have never played. I was really impressed with Iowa Park's pre-district schedule last season, and the Bulls played a pretty tough bunch of teams, also.

Which team in your area would you like to see your team play?

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
From what I've seen over the last 11 seasons, our coach has definitely stepped up our pre-district schedule. Our pre-district used to contain lots of 2a teams, including scrimmages. Hutto has been on our schedule the last 6 seasons, but they're the only constant, unless you count Burnet (moved from district to pre-).

Gatesville was on our schedule a few years back and I wouldn't mind playing them again, but I don't think they would toughen us up much. Brownwood, Rockdale, Cameron, Giddings and Taylor are all teams that I'd like to see us play....not too bad of a drive and they have a history of good teams over the years.

3afan
01-06-2006, 03:21 PM
its 4A, but Forney needs to downgrade their schedule ... 4 of their 5 non-district foes made the playoffs - Aledo, Denison, Gainesville & Sulphur Springs made the playoffs, Paris didnt - and 3 of those went at least 3 rounds deep. I think they needs to give the team at least a chance of having a winning record going into district play in '06.

wos fan1
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Coach Hooks has always had tough Non District schedules. He says you have to to get ready for District and the playoffs. Next year we have Dayton 4A, Bay City 4A, Jasper 3A, LCM 4A....

HighSchool Fan
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How many of your coaches look for new, competitive teams to play in non-district games? I think it is great when coaches look around in their area for "strong" programs to play, especially ones they have never played before. I think it is good when teams like Cuero and Sinton try to schedule each other. I hope more coaches will follow suit and try to play teams which have a great following and tradition. There are a lot of teams which are fairly close to each other, who may haver never played. We have discussed in previous threads the "pros" and "cons" of a strong pre-district schedule, but from a fan standpoint I hope more coaches will seek out great programs that they have never played.

I would like to see Bridgeport schedule Celina or Abilene Wylie and some of the others within a reasonable distance whom we have never played. I was really impressed with Iowa Park's pre-district schedule last season, and the Bulls played a pretty tough bunch of teams, also.

Which team in your area would you like to see your team play?

if your team has a chance to beat celina, they won't schedule you. the only way to get them is in district or the playoffs.