PDA

View Full Version : is this a fluke or could it happen in all sports?

pirate44
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
WARROAD, Minn. (AP) - The Warroad High School boys' team squeaked out a 2-1 victory over the U.S. Olympic women's hockey team Wednesday.

Allen McBride's goal with 3:52 remaining — a backhander past Team USA goalie Chanda Gunn — proved to be the game-winner.
"They were nice to put a team up against us that was spirited and you could tell by the reactions that it meant as much to those kids as it does to us," Team USA coach Ben Smith said. "Hockey is hockey. I think the people liked it. It seemed like a nice crowd and just a wonderful evening."

About 1,500 people turned out for the exhibition game, which was non-checking.

Kirk Olimb gave the Warriors a 1-0 lead at 13:58 of the first period when he put a shot from the high slot past Gunn.

Natalie Darwitz scored Team USA's lone goal, at 4:26 of the second period. Darwitz's shot appeared to hit the crossbar, but officials — after 3 more minutes of play — conferred and ruled that the shot had gone into the net.

That tied the game and set up McBride's game-winner. Warroad goalie Tyler Potts then stopped a couple of Darwitz shots in the final 25 seconds.

Warroad held a 24-23 edge in shots.

football4life
01-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Why would they play against a high school team in the first place??:thinking:

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 01:34 PM
This is gonna start a small upheavel but look at it this way...

The winner of the Womens 100 m dash in the 2004 Summer Olympics ran a 10.93

In the 2005 Texas Boys Class 1A State Track Meet Roscoe Highland's Ryan Adkins ran a 10.74

Men are athletically superior. You could take a good High School Boys Basketball team and beat the Womens Olympic Team hands down.

pirate44
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
what sport (olympic) would women most likely beat men at?

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Men are athletically superior.
That may be true, but right off the top of my head, I can think of a couple of things that no man alive could handle. ;)

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
let me guess Child Birth?

I dont mean it to be demeaning in anyway it is just a fact that is supported by stats.

pirate44
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That may be true, but right off the top of my head, I can think of a couple of things that no man alive could handle. ;)
keep it related to sports. washing clothes is NOT an olympic sport:D

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
let me guess Child Birth?

I dont mean it to be demeaning in anyway it is just a fact that is supported by stats.

That's one. And I wasn't in any way bothered by it, since I agree.

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

mnan talk about someone having stones... lol

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
You've never seen the laundry that goes through my washer. :eek: :p

neck_06
01-06-2006, 02:10 PM
only if its a girls olympic team playing a boys team.

and i'm not being sexist or anything of that sort, i just know that the boys couldn't beat the mens hockey team, or any other mens olympic team. the only sport i think it would be possible is baseball, cuz ANYTHING can happen in baseball.

raider red 2000
01-06-2006, 02:11 PM

Men are athletically superior. You could take a good High School Boys Basketball team and beat the Womens Olympic Team hands down.

i doubt that there are many high school teams that could beat the women's basketball team.

neck_06
01-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i doubt that there are many high school teams that could beat the women's basketball team.

they might be able to beat last year's men's basketball team, they got beat by everybody! ;) :D

raider red 2000
01-06-2006, 02:14 PM
neck- i doubt that there are many high schoolers that are ready to go hit off of an olympian in baseball, but who knows.

also, if the HS team had an outstanding pitcher it could stay competitive, but i doubt that it would happen.

neck_06
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
neck- i doubt that there are many high schoolers that are ready to go hit off of an olympian in baseball, but who knows.

also, if the HS team had an outstanding pitcher it could stay competitive, but i doubt that it would happen.

just letting you know that the olympic baseball team is made up of college players and if you got together the best players in the Houston Area we could prolly give them a run for their money.

eagles_victory
01-06-2006, 03:18 PM
i doubt that there are many high school teams that could beat the women's basketball team. I think there is quite a few that could.

3afan
01-06-2006, 03:23 PM
You could take a good High School Boys Basketball team and beat the Womens Olympic Team hands down.

i think an average boys HS team could beat any womans team in the world

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I get sick to my stomach when I watch that wnba replay where everyone stood still and let Lisa Leslie get a half court run at a dunk. IF you cant do it legit then dont be a poser.