PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater 12, Merkel 0

Stangster
10-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Gotta love that Mustang defense! They were awesome tonight. Sweetwater's offense looked a little sloppy, fumbling several handoffs. Turnovers are what kept this game from a run away, could have easily been 30 or more to nothing. The Mustang defense just man-handled Merkel, they couldn't make anything work tonight. Go Mustangs!

Da Mules
10-31-2003, 11:22 PM
Congrats, Mustangs. You guys will be a major player in Region 1 playoffs again this year.

GWOOD
10-31-2003, 11:52 PM
Congrats to Sweetwater on a district championship! I've looked at next week's schedule and can't see anyway that Merkel is out of the playoffs. Looks like Greenwood vs. Merkel and Sweetwater vs. Kermit/Ft. Stockton in Round 1.

wildstangs
10-31-2003, 11:53 PM
AMAZING effort by the Mustang defense. I dont know how many times they sacked him, but the Badger QB was on the ground all the time. That is three shut outs in a row for the Mustang D. Sweetwater has got to cut down on the fumbling. Everything has worked out ok now, but it will hurt us pretty bad in the playoffs. The kicking game definitely needs some improvement also. Congrats on the district title boys!

vet93
11-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Great win for the Mustangs...Merkel will hold it together to make the playoffs. They have a good team.

Comfortable Hemorrhage
11-01-2003, 01:53 AM
Wow, you don't see a score like that to often. Was there a safety? You're going to have to find a little more offense for the playoffs though.

oneheartbeat
11-01-2003, 01:54 AM
well guys i think our defense has improved tremendously we still need to fix some errors in our offensebut all is goin good lets go beat seminole next friday and get our gold

Ranger Mom
11-01-2003, 02:01 AM
Congrats to the Mustangs!!

If Greenwood ends of playing Merkel in round 1, how do they figure where it is to be played??

Stangster
11-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Comfortable Hemorrhage:
Wow, you don't see a score like that to often. Was there a safety? You're going to have to find a little more offense for the playoffs though.Just a missed extra point and a failed two point conversion. Our offense has to quit fumbling. We moved the ball well but kept turning it over. Luckily, Merkel didn't know what to do with it. Our kicking game needs to some work too. Go Mustangs!

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Stangster ]</small>

Stangster
11-01-2003, 02:11 AM
Ranger Mom:

If Greenwood ends of playing Merkel in round 1, how do they figure where it is to be played??Ranger Mom,
I believe the Coaches work it out. Somewhere in the middle more than likely. How about the Mustang Bowl? That would interesting wouldn't it? Good Luck to the Rangers.

Ranger Mom
11-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Stangster:

Ranger Mom:

If Greenwood ends of playing Merkel in round 1, how do they figure where it is to be played??Ranger Mom,
I believe the Coaches work it out. Somewhere in the middle more than likely. How about the Mustang Bowl? That would interesting wouldn't it? Good Luck to the Rangers.That's exactly what I was thinking!! I just kinda wondered though since we played Denver City and Ballinger BOTH at Grande last year. I just wasn't sure if we flipped home for home, or how that worked!! Thanks!! (I actually wouldn't mind a trip to the Mustang Bowl....just don't wanna play ya'll there again....no offense!!)
:D

Stangster
11-01-2003, 03:08 AM
None taken, Ranger Mom.

Knightmoon
11-01-2003, 05:53 AM
Congradulations to Sweetwater. Absolutely incredible DEFENSE.On the other hand, Merkel's Offensive productivity just flat sputtered. Merkel was out-coached as well. Some of Merkel's play selection had me scratching my head in wonder. Good game for the Mustangs. Hats off to those boys, they proved they had alot of class after the game as well. If you love smash mouth defense, this was the game to see. Good luck from here on out.

Stick
11-01-2003, 12:47 PM
I'm with you Knightmoon, I am still scratching my head on some of those play calls. But I believe that a defense that seemed to have 15 players on the field may have had something to do with it. Nothing worked on the ground, passing was either a sack or an interception. Am I correct in hearing that Merkel had 26 seniors on varsity? Do you think Flowers will leave after this year?

Stangster
11-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Knightmoon, I tried to warn you about our defense. It was a good game. I think both Merkel and Sweetwater played with class and conducted themselves in a manner that their communities can be proud of. It's great to see Merkel having a good year and expect to see y'all in the playoffs (its been awhile). Go Mustangs!