PDA

View Full Version : Young, Bush, and Lineart

Bullaholic
01-05-2006, 10:04 PM
When are they going pro, and for which team will they be playing? What order will they be drafted?

1. V.Young- Texans (If they decide to trade Carr). So "hot" I think too much money is going to be thrown at him to not declare for the draft.
2. R.Bush - Saints
3. M.Lineart - Titans

1. R.Bush- Texans (No Carr trade)
2. V.Young- Saints
3. M.Lineart- Titans

schu1213
01-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I think that the texans will take bush. Even if VY goes into the draft i think that he is too much of a gamble to take first. He was/is a great qb in college but there are some question marks abou thim being a top notch pro qb.

sinton66
01-05-2006, 10:27 PM
The Texans don't need Bush. They have some good backs already. What they need is offensive linemen that can run and pass block.

Pmoney
01-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The Texans don't need Bush. They have some good backs already. What they need is offensive linemen that can run and pass block.
i agree with that 100%

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I think young would be more successful if he was moved from QB to either RB, WR or Safety.

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 10:30 PM
ESPN said earlier today that the Texans reported they are KEEPING Carr and getting Bush.

Bullaholic
01-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

But they may have to take the best player available in order to setup some trades for some offensive linemen, 66, and that player will most likely be Bush.

Pmoney
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I think young would be more successful if he was moved from QB to either RB, WR or Safety.
i have had this argument before hes a QB not any other position, he cant be a leader like he is now at any other position...HE WILL BE A QB IN THE PROS!!!!

Diocletian
01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
the only thing diff about VY being in the pros is, he wouldn't have to squat so low to take a shotgun snap....

lol he will develope and do just fine, imagine "VICK" with muscles and accuracy and add relentlessness to win at all costs

i promiss you that if VY was QB in the Falcon visit to Chicago this year He would not be on the sidline quivering like a baby, GIVE IT UP FOR A REAL FOOTBALL PLAYER VY!!!

sinton66
01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
But they may have to take the best player available in order to setup some trades for some offensive linemen, 66, and that player will most likely be Bush.

Yes, but they could also let him go to someone else for OTHER (multiple) draft choices too.

gato 76
01-06-2006, 07:19 AM
The Texans better think twice about not going after VY.He would be such a draw at the gate just like Clements,hakeem when he was with the rockets,M Jorden,i think they go for VY trade Carr for some free agent linemen, they are set at rb position.

STANG RED
01-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
The Texans better think twice about not going after VY.He would be such a draw at the gate just like Clements,hakeem when he was with the rockets,M Jorden,i think they go for VY trade Carr for some free agent linemen, they are set at rb position.

You are exactly right, and I believe the Taxans know this.
So, carve it in stone! It WILL happen!

Stretch04
01-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You are exactly right, and I believe the Taxans know this.
So, carve it in stone! It WILL happen!

I agree, the only thing that stinks, is they will have to deal with
another rookie QB for a couple of years

Bearkat
01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by gato 76

Who wants Carr? Is there a market for him? I understand you have to trade him if you draft Young, but what are you going to get for him? He hasn't exactly been on fire or anything. Carr probably wouldn't bring anything better than a 3rd round pick.

District303aPastPlayer
01-06-2006, 01:50 PM
the best lineman in the draft is Debrickshaw Ferguson. Left tackle out of Virginia... so if you are going to built your team on offense, start with him if you are set at other positions

gato 76
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bearkat
[B]Who wants Carr? Is there a market for him? I understand you have to trade him if you draft Young, but what are you going to get for him? He hasn't exactly been on fire or anything.

David Carr also had the worst offense line in the NFL.He could be a good QB in the NFL with a good & proven offense line,but VY is special ,this guy will be a great NFL QB.The texans may have to trade Carr along with another player then pick Young.

un b weavable
01-06-2006, 08:58 PM
The Texans need Gary Kubiak as their coach. Surely he has learned something at Denver. Every year Denver plugs a running back into their blocking system and he is good for 1500-1700 yards. Pass protection always seems to be good as well. They are doing something right up there.

sinton66
01-06-2006, 09:41 PM
If Kubiak accepts the job, he isn't going to care if Vince Young is from Houston. If he wants to win, he's gonna be looking for an offensive line that can block.