PDA

View Full Version : Lay off USC

schu1213
01-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I am so sick of everyone on this board bashing bush lienart, and the rest of usc. They are very classy and its bull that yall sit here and bash them. Reggie bush deserved to win the hiesman and he did so let it go. Yeah Matt said that he thinks they had the better team and i believe he was right. The better team does not always win. I believe that we had a better team then Wylie last year but that does not mean that i dont respect them. I have the upmost respect for them and they deserved it. Get of of their back, VY is the cockiest player in the nation so why dont yall talk about that?

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
I am so sick of everyone on this board bashing bush lienart, and the rest of usc. They are very classy and its bull that yall sit here and bash them. Reggie bush deserved to win the hiesman and he did so let it go. Yeah Matt said that he thinks they had the better team and i believe he was right. The better team does not always win. I believe that we had a better team then Wylie last year but that does not mean that i dont respect them. I have the upmost respect for them and they deserved it. Get of of their back, VY is the cockiest player in the nation so why dont yall talk about that?

get over it, wylie was better last year when it counted and UT was better this year when it counted.

schu1213
01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Lol you are a true moron. I didnt want to start a cuero wylie arguement here ok.

eagles_victory
01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
There is no way Vince Young is the cockiest player in the country.

Ranger Mom
01-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Geeez.....ANOTHER thread about the game???:rolleyes:

GreenGobbla
01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
highschool fan....i am going to say that you are an idiot....

Bullaholic
01-05-2006, 08:45 PM

schu1213.....Do you think all of the die-hard USC fans are patting UT on the back on their BBS's in CA? When you win a national championship there are a certain amount of "bragging" rights that go along with it. This is a Texas HS football board witha lot of proud Texans on it, and they are expressing that pride in UT, a major Texas collegiate institution. Excessive "bashing" which exhibits poor sportsmanship is never acceptable, but all schools and their athletes have to be accountable for their actions and statements, so sometimes a little "well-placed" bashing is understandable and justified.

schu1213
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Im not saying to pat them on the back or anything like that. But some people are taking it out of hand. Name one more player that is cockier than VY.

espn1
01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I am so sick of everyone on this board bashing bush lienart, and the rest of usc. They are very classy and its bull that yall sit here and bash them. Reggie bush deserved to win the hiesman and he did so let it go. Yeah Matt said that he thinks they had the better team and i believe he was right. The better team does not always win. I believe that we had a better team then Wylie last year but that does not mean that i dont respect them. I have the upmost respect for them and they deserved it. Get of of their back, VY is the cockiest player in the nation so why dont yall talk about that? Hey! Screw USC! They got evreything they deserved. They're #2 where they belong. Take your Left Coast Whining Behind to the USC Board. Because this is where the #1 crowd hangs out. Hook'em Baby!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/01/ipt/1136473772.jpg

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
highschool fan....i am going to say that you are an idiot....

say what you want, that doesn't change the point that UT, like Wylie was the best teams when it counted. it's the same when Gainesville and Wimberley played, Wimberley was the better team when it counted.

espn1
01-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Im not saying to pat them on the back or anything like that. But some people are taking it out of hand. Name one more player that is cockier than VY.
With or without a Championship Ring?http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060105/capt.ksd10101051830.rose_bowl_football_ksd101.jpg

schu1213
01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Hey! Screw USC! They got evreything they deserved. They're #2 where they belong. Take your Left Coast Whining Behind to the USC Board. Because this is where the #1 crowd hangs out. Hook'em Baby!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/01/ipt/1136473772.jpg

When they do what usc has done the last 3 years then come talk. See thats the crud im talkin about. People just bashing usc. THere is no need for it. You should be celebrating if you are a ut fan but come one, dont just go around bashing usc.

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2006, 09:10 PM

Sheesh... what makes YOU so sure that Vince is the Cockiest. Please provide evidence... otherwise... you are no better than people trashing USC.

expect2win08
01-05-2006, 09:12 PM

schu sorry pal but you are wrong...reggie bush has class matt leinart does not...when you lose a game you dont go straight in and say i dont think the better team won...and just to add to leinart...if he is supposed to be the number Qb this draft wouldnt he know with no time on the clock to atleast throw the ball close to the endzone??? come on man lets face it USC hadnt been tested like texas did to them and Texas was the better team...and when the game is on the line we see who stepped up (Vince Young) and who faded under pressure (Matt Leinart)...o and Vince Young is cocky? i do beleive that the man, when asked by the media multiple times about his performance kept pointing out his receivers or his linemen or his runningbacks or his defense...and when he comes back next year and texas goes 13-0 again he will have a better record then the Might Matt Leinart...Enough Said HOOK EM HORNS BABY!!!

schu1213
01-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Just watch one interview witht the guy.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
He's right guys.....we should stop bashing USC

BECAUSE TEXAS DID ENOUGH OF THAT LAST NIGHT!!!

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

schu1213
01-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah they really bashed them huh? Three points.

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Just watch one interview with the guy.

I watched several before and after the game. I have the one's after the game on my TIVO. Cocky? Nope. Confident? Absolutely. And when you do what he did, you can be. That performance was "consensus" awesome. Everyone in the media, the USC lockeroom, around the watercooler, was praising VY as the most incredible performance in a college game.

I think you just don't like VY... it is just your personal opinion.

If you watch college and pro and you think VY is the cockiest then you need to watch some more.

slpybear

ps - BTW, I think Leinhart had an incredible game as a passer. He was money there in the second half.

eagles_victory
01-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Vince helps the defenders after almost every play what is cocky about that? I want to know what makes him so cocky.

sinton66
01-05-2006, 09:43 PM

I bet I could go back and find a quote where YOU said USC would KILL Texas. Looks like you can dish out the crap but can't take it when it's handed back to you.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-05-2006, 09:44 PM

the three points only won a national championship...no big deal.

sinton66
01-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Also, EVERYBODY needs to stop the name calling.

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah they really bashed them huh? Three points. Yea, 3 points more than USC had sucka! haha :clap: I crack myself up ::D :cool:

Pmoney
01-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Yea, 3 points more than USC had sucka! haha :clap: I crack myself up ::D :cool:
nice one:thumbsup: .....o ya Good job Horns and VY is not cocky just move to southern california where you will actually have people that will agree with you bc they are hating Vince bc what he did to usc

eagles_victory
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Cuero got ragged on worse then this on this board and their a high school team with players who post here.

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
nevermind, aint goin' thur

Rabbit'93
01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
the better team ALWAYS wins!

MARLINDOGS
01-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah they really bashed them huh? Three points. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
01-06-2006, 12:51 AM
I am so sick of everyone on this board bashing bush lienart, and the rest of usc. They are very classy and its bull that yall sit here and bash them. Reggie bush deserved to win the hiesman and he did so let it go. Yeah Matt said that he thinks they had the better team and i believe he was right. The better team does not always win. I believe that we had a better team then Wylie last year but that does not mean that i dont respect them. I have the upmost respect for them and they deserved it. Get of of their back, VY is the cockiest player in the nation so why dont yall talk about that? :weeping: :weeping: :rolleyes: It was probably starting to die down some, but now you just stirred the nest :doh: -- This has got to be the funniest post I've read in a good while!!! Thanks! :clap:

RMAC
01-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: :weeping: :rolleyes: It was probably starting to die down some, but now you just stirred the nest :doh: -- This has got to be the funniest post I've read in a good while!!! Thanks! :clap:

Indeed, Pirate. Indeed.

S-WtrMustangFan
01-06-2006, 01:08 AM
I heared after the game they had to bring in the helicopters to dry the field after Matt's interview.:( :( :( :( :(

shadow13
01-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I watched several before and after the game. I have the one's after the game on my TIVO. Cocky? Nope. Confident? Absolutely. And when you do what he did, you can be. That performance was "consensus" awesome. Everyone in the media, the USC lockeroom, around the watercooler, was praising VY as the most incredible performance in a college game.

I think you just don't like VY... it is just your personal opinion.

If you watch college and pro and you think VY is the cockiest then you need to watch some more.

slpybear

ps - BTW, I think Leinhart had an incredible game as a passer. He was money there in the second half. If the game of football wasn't a game played by a bunch of cocky and confident young men who have something to prove,it probably would be a very boring game to watch. YOU THINK!

3afan
01-06-2006, 06:54 AM
the difference beween being COCKY and being CONFIDENT?

when 2 guys say the same thing, its COCKY if the guy from the other team said it, and its CONFIDENCE if the guy from your team said it.

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM

Man we are back on this better team argument? Wylie was the better team the night they ended your high school career, Hutto was the better team the night they knocked the Gobblers out and TEXAS was the better team wed night.

As far as Vince being cocky... You can be cocky when you are the best player in the Country. Bush won the heisman on one nights game and that was against a lackluster Fresno team that almost knocked the overrated Trojans off of their white horse.

DaHop72
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Man we are back on this better team argument? Wylie was the better team the night they ended your high school career, Hutto was the better team the night they knocked the Gobblers out and TEXAS was the better team wed night.

As far as Vince being cocky... You can be cocky when you are the best player in the Country. Bush won the heisman on one nights game and that was against a lackluster Fresno team that almost knocked the overrated Trojans off of their white horse.
Get him injured!!!!!!!!!!

Bearkat
01-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I can think of a few players that are more cocky than Vince Young. Marcus Vick for one, and anybody that plays for the University of Miami.

Old Tiger
01-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I can think of a few players that are more cocky than Vince Young. Marcus Vick for one, and anybody that plays for the University of Miami. And anyone who plays for FSU

Phil C
01-06-2006, 11:29 AM
All right folks. Keep your composure.

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

cheatchu
01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by expect2win08
schu sorry pal but you are wrong...reggie bush has class matt leinart does not...

Want to talk about class???? How about screaming out whos the heisman at the end of the national championship game??? Id say thats pretty trashy and classless. Your supposed to be graceful in defeat and a good sport. But your also supposed to be graceful and a good sport in victory too. Pretty trashy on VYs part to do that.

Mack said it himself that USC especially Reggie and MATT showed alot of class in defeat.

Thats from macks mouth disagree if you want.

pirate4state
01-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by cheatchu
Want to talk about class???? How about screaming out whos the heisman at the end of the national championship game??? Id say thats pretty trashy and classless. Your supposed to be graceful in defeat and a good sport. But your also supposed to be graceful and a good sport in victory too. Pretty trashy on VYs part to do that.

Mack said it himself that USC especially Reggie and MATT showed alot of class in defeat.

Thats from macks mouth disagree if you want. So both players made idiotic remarks after the game. Who gives a rats behind, anymore? :doh: TEXAS won - game OVER - streak OVER - LIGHT THE TOWER, BABY!!! :clap:

Whsdogs
01-06-2006, 12:49 PM
When they do what usc has done the last 3 years then come talk. See thats the crud im talkin about. People just bashing usc. THere is no need for it. You should be celebrating if you are a ut fan but come one, dont just go around bashing usc.

Rank Team name Win-Pct Won Lost Tied Games National
Championships Bowl
Appearances
1 Notre Dame 0.75400 736 228 36 1000 13 24
2 Alabama 0.72485 729 264 41 1034* 12 51**
3 Nebraska 0.71603 715 273 35 1023 5 40
4 Texas 0.70243 708 291 31 1030 3 41
5 Michigan 0.74150 704 235 32 971 10 33
6 Tennessee 0.70282 698 281 49 1028 2 42
7 Oklahoma 0.70468 697 277 52 1026 7 35
8 Penn State 0.70609 690 277 35 1002 4 36
9 Ohio State 0.72074 679 249 46 974 4 33
10 Southern Cal 0.69184 662 281 50 993 7 40

wanna talk????

btw my nebraska cornhuskers are even better!!! haha jk jk
:D

Whsdogs
01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
oh and thats over the past 100 years.....

football4life
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
I heared after the game they had to bring in the helicopters to dry the field after Matt's interview.:( :( :( :( :(

Haha. That's pretty good. Although I'll say that Matt did say what he believed, even if it was right after he had just lost for the second time in 39 games. Also, that helicopter stuff was pretty interesting i thought. They said 6 sessions to dry that field. dang.

S-WtrMustangFan
01-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So both players made idiotic remarks after the game. Who gives a rats behind, anymore? :doh: TEXAS won - game OVER - streak OVER - LIGHT THE TOWER, BABY!!! :clap: Thats what im talking about !!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
01-06-2006, 01:17 PM

When you put on the greatest show in college history....i think you have the right to say what you want. If you wanna argue about class....what about linell white and reggie bush jumping and hollering and what not after they scored touchdowns......what did vince do.....he walked and handed the ball to the ref. Like someones signature says, when you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before. VY kept his 'composure', USC did not....thats why they lost.

shadow13
01-06-2006, 02:48 PM
The way of the world, No matter what you do or say, Somebody is going to love you and somebody is going to hate you. COCKY + CONFIDENCE = SUCCESS

Bullaholic
01-06-2006, 02:50 PM
"Dizzy" Dean said it best---"It ain't bragging, if you can do it."

shadow13
01-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
"Dizzy" Dean said it best---"It ain't bragging, if you can do it." GO DIZZY, only an athlete would understand that statement. but the downlow is full of fans, I guess.

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM

Bush is a great player but the best player in the country was and is Vince Young. Bush playsin the crappiest BCS conference and put up numbers against teams that lose to La. Tech, and Nevada.

KTJ
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM

If only you were so smart enough to realize the irony of your post.

If only...