PDA

View Full Version : Both Kids and the Mrs.

GreenMonster
01-05-2006, 08:07 PM
everyone but me and the dog have a nasty stomach bug. Frequent vomiting and diarrhia(sp) seems to be the word of the day. I've washed sheets 4 times already due to vomit attacks. I keep pushing the gatorade and 7up and have chicken noodle soup on standby. Luckily I was scheduled off work today but I've already called in for tomorrow. Hope like heck I'm still playing nurse by then and not patient.

lepfan
01-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
everyone but me and the dog have a nasty stomach bug. Frequent vomiting and diarrhia(sp) seems to be the word of the day. I've washed sheets 4 times already due to vomit attacks. I keep pushing the gatorade and 7up and have chicken noodle soup on standby. Luckily I was scheduled off work today but I've already called in for tomorrow. Hope like heck I'm still playing nurse by then and not patient.

GM....RUN!!!!!! Hire a nanny and RUN!!!!!!!

mustang_fan1984
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I agree run for your life !!!!!! It's going around at work.....I am trying to stay as far away from everyone that has had it......:eek:

pirate44
01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
GM....RUN!!!!!! Hire a nanny and RUN!!!!!!!
not such a bad idea. my wife got the flu and as i came home from work to take care of her, i eventually got it along with my son.

good luck and keep those fluids coming.

STANG RED
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
It was a week of coughing, sleepless nights and overall not feeling well by local residents.

During the Christmas and New Year holiday, several Nolan County residents were hit with the flu and stayed home. The Nolan County Health Department reported several people coming in with flu symptoms during the holiday week.

However, the recent weather changes are not the lead cause for the small flu outbreak. According to Tammy Terrell, an epidemiologist nurse at the health department, the flu is caused by a virus. Many people may be infected with the virus, but may not know it.

January and February are the peak months for the flu in the area and Terrell said being in an enclosed area with individuals could lead to someone getting the flu.

“They may have the virus, but are not sick yet,” she said.

An outbreak of the flu has been reported along the west coast and Texas is currently listed as regional activity, a step below outbreak status.

In order to help people prevent getting the flu, here are some recommendations:

€ Avoid close contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.

€ Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.

€ Cover your mouth and nose. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.

€ Clean your hands. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.

€ Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.

Among the symptoms people have when hit with the flu virus are fever (usually high), headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle aches and stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, also can occur but are more common in children than adults.

Complications of flu can include bacterial pneumonia, dehydration, and worsening of chronic medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes. Children may get sinus problems and ear infections.

44INAROW
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Hope like heck I'm still playing nurse by then and not patient.
eeww sure hope they are feel better tomorrow and you're not sick..... that is some nasty stuff....... It hit around here (not my house thank heavens) the week of Christmas :(

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 08:28 PM

My 8 year old has this. He also has been vomiting in bed as it happens so quick he can't get up. Wife took him to Dr today and she was told to let him sip on original coke. Dr told her that the coke syrup would soothe an upset stomach better than anything else.

bulldogbark
01-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I think it has hit here in La. i have moved my sleeping arrangments to the bathroom. Just not sure which end to put near the seat....Lord I am sick:( :( :( :( :( :(

CHS_CG
01-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago GM and so did momma and baby. Spray the house down with oust and stuff when everybody gets over it

bulldogbark
01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I will put a WARNING lable on this. never, I repeat never ever eat shrimp and crabs and have this...not a pretty sight...:eek:

GreenMonster
01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm still hangin' in there. Finally got everyone else off to sleep. I just hope it stays away from me.

44INAROW
01-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
I think it has hit here in La. i have moved my sleeping arrangments to the bathroom. Just not sure which end to put near the seat....Lord I am sick:( :( :( :( :( :(

bulldog - sit on the pot and hold a medium size waste-basket between your legs- it's much easier to aim the "stuff" coming out of the mouth than the "stuff" coming out of ....... well, let's just say,, coming out of where you are sitting...... good luck :) and feel better soon :inlove:

44INAROW
01-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm still hangin' in there. Finally got everyone else off to sleep. I just hope it stays away from me.

GM - go get some well deserved rest and just in case, eat a light meal....... ;)

GreenMonster
01-06-2006, 01:48 PM
man down, MEDIC!!!

injuredinmelee
01-06-2006, 02:06 PM
could be the foor from Harveys.

I ate breakfast there the weekend I was in town. Not too shabby price wise. Some accented lady was runnign the counter I finally resorted to hand signals to get my order across.

44INAROW
01-06-2006, 02:18 PM
man down, MEDIC!!!

hopefully the Mrs is feeling better and able to help out :)

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2006, 02:33 PM
man down, MEDIC!!!
Sorry to hear that, GM. :( My brother had it when we were at my mom's last weekend. I'm thinking we "escaped", but I've still got my fingers crossed.

lepfan
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
man down, MEDIC!!!

Dang it...you did not run fast enough or far enough!!!:( Hopefully you won't me down for long!

bulldogbark
01-06-2006, 06:33 PM
only good thing is rapid weight loss....somebody just shoot me:mad: dont even trust a left cheek sneak.

44INAROW
01-06-2006, 06:37 PM
dont even trust a left cheek sneak.

I told you where to sit :D :D

bulldogbark
01-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Im sitting Im sitting.

to the theme of Branded:

stranded
stranded on a toilet bowl
what do you do when your stranded
without a roll
you prove your a man
and your use your hand
when your stranded
stranded on a toilet bowl.

SintonFan
01-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Im sitting Im sitting.

to the theme of Branded:

stranded
stranded on a toilet bowl
what do you do when your stranded
without a roll
you prove your a man
and your use your hand
when your stranded
stranded on a toilet bowl.
Nah, real men pee off the crap on your hands when we run out of tp. Then we use the inside of our jean pockets to dry them off.
Sorry about your luck GM. I guess you normally don't match your namesake on the low, huh? I had bug thing on X-Mas eve and thought I was gonna die. Nasty stuff that bug going around. My 8 yr old had 105 fever from it. Doctor said it was the type A flu going around. Type B isn't supposed to be as bad but lasts much longer. Good luck to your family and I hope you and yours recover fast.

AP Panther Fan
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Nah, real men pee off the crap on your hands when we run out of tp. Then we use the inside of our jean pockets to dry them off

WAY TMI!

My husband had this over Christmas holiday while we were in Big Bend. He spent many nights and saw many daybreaks in the trusty outhouse down the hill. Even got smart and put a flashlight by his bed so he could see to get there, so consider yourself lucky that you have all of the modern conveniences...it could be worse!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!;)

GreenMonster
01-07-2006, 07:51 AM
well, roughly 18 hours into my illness now. Feeling OK. Vomiting has stopped, wish I could say the same for the other end. Did get some rest. This all started Tuesday night about 10 pm with the 19 month old. She started feeling better by Thursday AM. Then the preschool called and said the 4 yr old was tossing her cookies. The Mrs. worked the night before. she awoke around 2 on Thursday and immediately was racing the 4 yr old to the bathroom. I stayed away as much as possible and kept the baby with me. Around noon yesterday I got hit. Misery ensued. Baby got sick again at about 8pm. We decided to ship the 4 yr old off for the night hoping she won't get to take a 2nd tour of duty like baby sister. This is bad stuff, I hope none of you have to deal with it.

Go Cuero
01-07-2006, 10:25 AM
I bet you are miserable. My son and husband had this about a month ago. My poor 5 year old didn't know to sit on the toilet and use his trash can for what came up. Poor thing. I had to tell him and then he was like "Wow...you're so smart mom!!" I know. It woke him up at like 4 in the morning and then my husband woke up shortly after that w/it. I can handle my kids getting sick anytime but when my husband does, I can't handle it. I hate hearing a grown man or woman for that matter get sick. I could never be in the medical field!!
Anyway, I really hope you and your family gets better soon.

piratebg
01-07-2006, 10:30 AM
My 3yo had this bug about a month back. The first night he threw up all over my lap and my hands. Then my wife threw up at the sight of my son's vomit. Luckily I did some time working in a nursing home and a hospital so the stuff didn't really phase me all that much, but I got stuck cleaning all of it.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I have been feeling fine until reading this thread. The visuals alone are making me sick!:p

Hope everyone is up and running before long (and I mean "running" in the literal way)!:D

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 12:28 PM
i feel sick just reading this

piratebg
01-07-2006, 12:29 PM
I was eating a carne guisada taco while I was reading this and it did not bother me any.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2006, 12:31 PM
tougher than me

piratebg
01-07-2006, 12:35 PM
tough as nails

lepfan
01-07-2006, 05:33 PM
I just doped the hubby up with NyQuil and Mucinex....I am hoping that puts him out for a while...no puking or any of that other stuff for him...THANK GOODNESS! As soon as he comes to I am gonna give him more drugs.:D