PDA

View Full Version : UT's Nat. Champ. speaks VOLUMES about TEXAS HS Football!!!

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2006, 01:14 PM
As reported on Sportcenter last night...

23 of the 24 starting players for UT were TEXAS HS Football grads.

Enough said.

Bullaholic
01-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Nope, Slpy....CA must have better players because USC is the better team. :D

I think it's going to be a "burnt orange" world for a week or so---and deservedly so. Those Horns with those "native" ol' hairy legged Texas boys are the National Champs regardless if the media or anybody else doesn't like it.

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I was just telling 44inarow and Pirate4State, this very same thing! It impressed the heck outta me that he (Mack) gave credit to Texas High School Football...and yes, his line-up proves not only does he "talk the talk, but does the walk".....

Way to go Mack!:clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
01-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Nope, Slpy....CA must have better players because USC is the better team. :D

I think it's going to be a "burnt orange" world for a week or so---and deservedly so. Those Horns with those "native" ol' hairy legged Texas boys are the National Champs regardless if the media or anybody else doesn't like it.
ALL HAIL THE LONE STAR STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Well, not actually... out of the 22 starters, two of the offensive linemen are from AZ and CO...

However, SC featured 6 game-time starters from out of state...

44INAROW
01-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I was just telling 44inarow and Pirate4State, this very same thing! It impressed the heck outta me that he gave credit to Texas High School Football...and yes, his line-up proves not only does he "talk the talk, but does the walk".....

Way to go Mack!:clap: :clap: :clap:

He sure did give credit to TEXAS HS FOOTBALL.. - did I imagine it or did he say Texas HS Football was KING in Texas? Of course, that's something we've known all along :)

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
He sure did give credit to TEXAS HS FOOTBALL.. - did I imagine it or did he say Texas HS Football was KING in Texas? Of course, that's something we've known all along :)

I think it was either that or something very much to that effect.

I'm not thinking clearly after staying up late.:D

neck_06
01-05-2006, 03:27 PM
thats how mac brown gets the recruits, he is a great in public relations, and giving props to High School coaches and players will help him to get even more big names in the future

3afan
01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
he is good with the media, isnt he? some call it brown-nosing or whatever, but its part of his job .......... to do whatever he need to do to win.