PDA

View Full Version : "I think we were the better team" (merged)

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Had so much respect for the kid until that...

I have a box of tissues right here, but I don't wanna waste it on him...

Great QB, wish he were better in defeat...

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Amen!! He's off my list now, what a Jerk he is!!

99IHSMustang
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I felt like telling him what the five fingers said to the face!!

MARLINDOGS
01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Amen!! He's off my list now, what a Jerk he is!! :clap: :clap:

jmcgee
Jesus what a game. Heisman who?

wos fan1
Wonder what he will say this time??

wos fan1
VY

c-town_balla
Yeah thats kinda crap I supose.......but more fo the crap would be on orangebloods.com where about 8 post statred by USC and aggies with titles like "vince is still a n*gger" how low can you be really?

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't give him clean tissue/TP i'd give him $h!t covered TP

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
:D No kidding

S-WtrMustangFan
01-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Yeah thats kinda crap I supose.......but more fo the crap would be on orangebloods.com where about 8 post statred by USC and aggies with titles like "vince is still a n*gger" how low can you be really? Thats just sad.Vince is a great football player i don't care what team you go for.

SintonFan
01-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Had so much respect for the kid until that...

I have a box of tissues right here, but I don't wanna waste it on him...

Great QB, wish he were better in defeat...
Fools have no respect but then again noone else did unless they were in the big 12.:o

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang

SLAP!!!

I'm Rick James, B@$#%!!!

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 12:56 AM
He's talking now. He said he has mixed emotions. He said we ran over Texas running and passing. He said they had the game won. I'm typing as that jerk talks.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
I have somethin for Mrs Matt.somethin my dad tells me all the time excuses are like @$$holes everyone has one.

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Yea, he is still crying.
In your face Leinart, you worthless piece of crap.
If I saw a picture of his fat dad and Bush's worthless family one more time I was gonna throw up.

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I have two words for Leinart "Scoreboard Baby!"

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 01:03 AM
No kidding. Damn i'm glad USC lost!! :clap: :clap:

football4life
01-05-2006, 01:03 AM
This guy was supposed to be the all-american boy, mature, calm, poised, etc. He is a 5th year senior acting like a true frosh. Cmon man, grow up a little bit. I think just about everyone in the nation caught a little vinsanity tonight.

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
No kidding. Damn i'm glad USC lost!! :clap: :clap:

No, we are glad UT won.

S-WtrMustangFan
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Yea, he is still crying.
In your face Leinart, you worthless piece of crap.
If I saw a picture of his fat dad and Bush's worthless family one more time I was gonna throw up. Fat Dad :D :D :D :D

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Seems like that's all they would show when they showed the fans!! :mad:

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by football4life
I think just about everyone in the nation caught a little vinsanity tonight.

I think they got 'Hooked', baby...

Congrats once again to Reggie on winning the Heisman :D

formermbcouns
01-05-2006, 01:06 AM
He's simply a sore loser...hope he thinks about it a looong time!

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Reggie Bush is far more gracious in defeat than Leihnart thats for sure. I have far more respect for Bush than Faghart.

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Remind me to root against him in the NFL..

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Yea, Faghart is worthless.
Bush is a class act.....but Vince is da man!!!!!!!!!!!

sahen
01-05-2006, 01:13 AM
now that was a classy interview.....just thought i'd say something about the future texan right there....even if the texans dont draft him, i like the guy....him and young both seem like class acts...and good lord young just likes to talk, he seems at home talkin to the media....

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Thats what i said...he is a class act.
He is the consumate student-athlete.
I am proud of him.
But I am more proud to be a TEXAN!!!

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Vince said Bush came to the Texas locker-room to give them a personal 'good game'... classy move, I like seeing that... looks like Leinart's the only loser for SC tonight...

gato 76
01-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Not only was it a win for the Longhorns,it says alot for Texas High School football.The best in the country.

EAGLETOWN
01-05-2006, 07:32 AM
It was an awesome game to say the least.

I thought UT gave them every chance they could to win it.

It just goes to show how talented VY and crew are.

Can you say repeat!!

I just love it when the analyist are wrong and have to eat crow.

How about Dan Fouts.

I wish I could have just grabed him and choked him every time he made the comment about VY's knee being down.

What about the INT UT did not get he never mentioned that.

It was kind of like watching his performance in the Water Boy.

I thought Matt L was a class act before the comment.

I guess it is easy to be a class act when your winning.

The true colors come out in a loss.

I wonder how he will cover that poor sportsmanship up the rest of his career.

When he said it my wife said "What an airagant A$$@#$%!!

I don't care what anyone says he came back this year for another Heisman and another National Title.

I think he was just mad because he did get jack.

Man the Eastern'ers and the Western'ers hate it when the good old boys from the South win don't they.

I think we need Larry the Cable Guy as an ESPN commentator.

JasperDog94
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by football4life
This guy was supposed to be the all-american boy, mature, calm, poised, etc. He is a 5th year senior acting like a true frosh. That's what happens when you take "ballroom dancing" as your only class. Hey, maybe he can be on "Dancing with the Stars"!!!:D :D

Butkus
01-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's what happens when you take "ballroom dancing" as your only class. Hey, maybe he can be on "Dancing with the Stars"!!!:D :D
now thats funny i dont care who u r.

CHS_CG
01-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's what happens when you take "ballroom dancing" as your only class. Hey, maybe he can be on "Dancing with the Stars"!!!:D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: greatness!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Well, I slept on it and thought about it some more at work today and feel it was still a mistake that he said that... But it was 15 seconds after their streak had just ended and he spoke what was on his mind...

Him and Bush etc... going into the Horns' locker-room is all we need to know I guess...

As for them being the better team, like I said, it could be true, but the Texas defense came up big when they had to against a play that had given USC 5 yards a pop all night, it wasn't like it was a badly called play, that play put them into the endzone more than once last night, but UT stepped up REALLY huge and won it, defense wins championships (as well as Vince Youngs and the guys who gave him good holes to get through so he could do his thing)...

The better team last night won the game, the team that stepped up on defense to stop the best offense college football may have ever seen from getting 2 yards won the game...

You may say "Well, UT had Vince Young, so can you can't really blame their defense..." Kinda right, kinda wrong, VY is an amazing athlete, but to be the best team ever or the best team out of the two last night, you must stop some of the best players in the game... UT stopped White, Leinart and Bush win they had to... Even with the fumble and missed FG attempt by UT, the special teams play was equal if not an advantage for UT for being able to stop Bush...

The offensive production was equal (minus in the crunch, advantage UT)...

What was not equal was the crunch-time defense that UT displayed, they won that battle...

So the offense was equal, special teams was equal, coaching was equal but the defense was NOT, the heart displayed in the last minutes of that game was NOT... meaning UT was and 'is' be the better team... That's why this game was played, the figure out who the better team was/is, if that system does not work, why in the hell do we play the game??? I could understand if a strong wind blew through the stadium and knocked the USC defense on their butts and allowed VY to get into the endzone, then maybe "Oh the better team lost", but the better team got the ball back, the better team drove down the field, the better team did NOT get stopped...

I live in Texas and know more about USC than UT because of the coverage, which may be one reason some still think USC is the better team because you know everything about them, but UT showed who was the better team last night when they BEAT USC with great offense and great defense...

How can USC be the better team? Not being 'smart' here, just an honest question, because I don't see it and didn't see it last night...

Bullaholic
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
I can put my arms around that analysis, Gobbla---good job. I just wish Keith7 was online to enjoy this great UT victory with us. Poor Keith---first his Philly Eagles go in the toilet this NFL season and now the mighty SC Trojans go down.

neck_06
01-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang

SLAP!!!!

WOSgrad
01-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, the word classless was probably hasty for me to use....somewhat reactionary I guess.....not unlike Leinart's remarks right after the game.

That being said, this is a skill that Matt Leinart needs to work on. As a high draft pick, he is going to have a microphone shoved in his face, ALOT!!!! Also, as a high draft pick, absent some sort of draft day shenanigans, he will have a microphone shoved in his face after his team has lost, ALOT!!!

He appears to have gotten a pass from the media about those remarks, both because of his going into the UT locker room to give congrats and, from what I reading online, it appears that many of the media types are agreeing with his comments. That won't happen very much longer.

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Leinart will pay big bucks for coming back this season. He would have gone 1st in last years draft and this year he might not be top 5. A big difference in contract amounts.

Rabbit'93
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Wasn't it one of the moderators who said if you have to put @#$%%^*! in teh word then you should use another word?:confused:

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Wasn't it one of the moderators who said if you have to put @#$%%^*! in teh word then you should use another word?:confused:

Yah, but they couldn't glorify GreenMonster's sig if they kept up with that...

I looked in the rules over and over again and it must have been removed/never officially put in the rules...

And Matt Leinart will still go high in the draft, he is a GREAT QB, he did great last night and for his whole college career, his stock did not decline, if anything it has risen...

As I've said, after thinking about it, I understand why Leinart made the comment he did, and I can respect that but still feel it was a mistake, as was my reaction to 'his' reaction... a great QB, lots of class...

As Jim Rome said today on his show, I dunno which was better, watching maybe the best college football game ever played, or watching two classy programs with classy coaches, players and fans meet on the biggest stage...

shadow13
01-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well, I slept on it and thought about it some more at work today and feel it was still a mistake that he said that... But it was 15 seconds after their streak had just ended and he spoke what was on his mind...

Him and Bush etc... going into the Horns' locker-room is all we need to know I guess...

As for them being the better team, like I said, it could be true, but the Texas defense came up big when they had to against a play that had given USC 5 yards a pop all night, it wasn't like it was a badly called play, that play put them into the endzone more than once last night, but UT stepped up REALLY huge and won it, defense wins championships (as well as Vince Youngs and the guys who gave him good holes to get through so he could do his thing)...

The better team last night won the game, the team that stepped up on defense to stop the best offense college football may have ever seen from getting 2 yards won the game...

You may say "Well, UT had Vince Young, so can you can't really blame their defense..." Kinda right, kinda wrong, VY is an amazing athlete, but to be the best team ever or the best team out of the two last night, you must stop some of the best players in the game... UT stopped White, Leinart and Bush win they had to... Even with the fumble and missed FG attempt by UT, the special teams play was equal if not an advantage for UT for being able to stop Bush...

The offensive production was equal (minus in the crunch, advantage UT)...

What was not equal was the crunch-time defense that UT displayed, they won that battle...

So the offense was equal, special teams was equal, coaching was equal but the defense was NOT, the heart displayed in the last minutes of that game was NOT... meaning UT was and 'is' be the better team... That's why this game was played, the figure out who the better team was/is, if that system does not work, why in the hell do we play the game??? I could understand if a strong wind blew through the stadium and knocked the USC defense on their butts and allowed VY to get into the endzone, then maybe "Oh the better team lost", but the better team got the ball back, the better team drove down the field, the better team did NOT get stopped...

I live in Texas and know more about USC than UT because of the coverage, which may be one reason some still think USC is the better team because you know everything about them, but UT showed who was the better team last night when they BEAT USC with great offense and great defense...

How can USC be the better team? Not being 'smart' here, just an honest question, because I don't see it and didn't see it last night... 41-38 ,GREAT DEFENSE BY BOTH CLUBS