PDA

View Full Version : In the Offensive MVP Interview

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
It sounded like VY will be returning...or is that just what only I got from it?

S-WtrMustangFan
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It sounded like VY will be returning...or is that just what only I got from it? Thats what i got out of it too.He said you will see us again and we are just going get better.

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
He'll be back. Charles the Freshman from Port Arthur will return for a few more years. Wait until you see him again next year.

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Charles better not scare the hell out of me like he did tongiht!

44INAROW
01-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It sounded like VY will be returning...or is that just what only I got from it?

in that interview, he certainly made it sound like he'll/we'll be back next year, - :clap: :clap: :clap:

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Just wait. Charles is going to be amazing!

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:37 AM
I think Charles was amazing this year as a freshmen, and actually did a great job tonight minus the 'almost' fumbled INT... It was prolly called incomplete because a 'football move' was never made... stupid rule, but it is one and was called correctly...

Crimestick
01-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Young will be back according to the story (espn) that I read. His "people" have been checking his potential draft position and don't see much need for QB in the top 10 and expect Leinart to go as the first QB. Young could go #1 overall next year, so expect him to stay.

"But the University of Texas quarterback and some of the people advising him about his football future have perused the composition of the top 10 teams in the draft. And the makeup of the top 10, especially the franchises with the first five choices in April, might be enough to convince Young to return to the Longhorns for his senior season in 2006.

Young, the Heisman Trophy runner-up, indicated this week that he plans to return to school to complete his eligibility, and sources close to the Texas quarterback confirmed to ESPN.com that he is clearly leaning that way. One reason he would return to Austin, those sources said, is the sense that, despite his enormous potential, Young might not be selected among the top five picks in the NFL lottery.

Many of the teams in the top 10 of the draft order have invested heavily in quarterbacks in recent years, and they might not be ready to give up on those picks or inclined to use another high choice on the position. Of the teams in the top five, just one, the New Orleans Saints, who own the second overall pick, have a dire need at quarterback......

No matter how Young performs in the Rose Bowl, he and the people counseling him feel he probably won't move ahead of Matt Leinart, his counterpart from Southern Cal, in the eyes of NFL scouts. League talent evaluators privately harbor some doubts about Leinart, especially over his arm strength, but he is still viewed at this early stage of the draft process as the top senior quarterback prospect.

neck_06
01-05-2006, 09:33 AM
is it just me or did Vince sound a little country when he was talking?

Aaau-stiiiin!!!!

pirate4state
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
is it just me or did Vince sound a little country when he was talking?

Aaau-stiiiin!!!! those are the rules...when you are in another state...your accent is just a little thicker...;) :D

neck_06
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
those are the rules...when you are in another state...your accent is just a little thicker...;) :D

LMAO

neck_06
01-05-2006, 09:38 AM
We'z bringin it back to Aaau-stiiiin baby!

Bearkat
01-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Vince will be back in Austin next year. I'm sure he's projected as the #1 pick in the draft. Houston has the first pick followed by the Saints. (I think) I really don't think he would like to play for either franchise.

neck_06
01-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Vince will be back in Austin next year. I'm sure he's projected as the #1 pick in the draft. Houston has the first pick followed by the Saints. (I think) I really don't think he would like to play for either franchise.

nah, all the hype is on reggie AKA Lightning (heard that a couple times last night). Plus, i don't think the Texans will draft a QB (the saints need one though).

neck_06
01-05-2006, 09:45 AM
P.S.---won't it be the same story next year? if you are the 1st choice, you are going to be on a bad football team. thats the price you pay for being good. :D

STANG RED
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Personlly, I think he is gone padrone. I believe talks will happen between him and the Texans, he will be drafted #1 by them, Carr will be traded for players, and VY will be the starting QB for his home town pro team next year, with a long term 30+ million dollar contract. His heart may tell him to stay another year, but if he has any business savvy at all, and the Texans want him badly enough, I think he makes the jump. After the emotions die down a bit and he is able to focus on the decision with a rational mind, I think he will see, it would be crazy for him to stay in college one more year, just for purely personal reasons. I have no doubt, his performance last night, just lept frogged him to the top of the class. On the other hand, Bush may have spent a little money last night. Although, that last run he made for the TD, may have just redeemed him enough.

Cat22
01-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Ok, I'm an Aggie supporter, and I was pulling for the Longhorns last night and I'm glad they shut up all those critics claiming USC as the best team ever. About Vince, my question is what is the advantage to him by coming back next year. The only thing he does not have is the Heisman. Can he duplicate the same success next year. I personally think he can, but why. He will be a top 5 pick and will go to a bad team no matter if it is this year or next. I think he should take the money and go. He can set his family up for life. What if he goes back to Austin and gets injured. I just don't think he has anything left to prove in college. I think he will go pro.

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 09:18 PM
If VY comes back next year he could end up like Leinart. Last year Leinart would have been #1 overall pick. This year he could drop as low as 5 or 6 according to some draft experts. That is spending a lot of cashola.

VY would most likely be #1 overall after last nights performance.
A possible injury during next years campaign could be very costly.

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 09:30 PM
1st - VY will not be #1 pick because Houston NEEDS a runnbingback. Despite what anyone says Carr is Houston's franchise QB. They need a runningback and offensive linemen.

2cd - VY isn't Matt Weinert

3rd - Texas will be just as good if not better next year if he stays.

4th - He will probably join a list of former Longhorns who could of went pro their junior year but chose to stay. The recent list includes: Roy Williams, Cedric Benson, Derrick Johnson, Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes, Mike Williams, and many others.

5th - When he returns next year it'll be Texas vs. West Virginia for the NC

Pmoney
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
i heard that New Orleans is looking to draft the Vanderbilt QB instead of Lienert....and VY should stay if he does stay, next years NC will be TEXAS vs NOTRE DAME

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i heard that New Orleans is looking to draft the Vanderbilt QB instead of Lienert....and VY should stay if he does stay, next years NC will be TEXAS vs NOTRE DAME Nah, West Virginia fool!

neck_06
01-06-2006, 08:33 AM
TEXAS vs WEST VIRGINIA

Old Tiger
01-06-2006, 10:40 AM
In Mack Browns 9 years at Texas no underclassmen has left for the draft. Keep that in mind..