PDA

View Full Version : Leinart is a... (merged)

injuredinmelee
01-05-2006, 12:28 AM
FAG! He says we thuink we are still the best team. The BEST TEAM IS HOISTING THE TROPHY IN YOUR HOME TOWN PUNK!!!

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 12:29 AM
What a jerk he is!! :foul:

99IHSMustang
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
That was a pretty selfish remark by him. It just shows he can't handle losing like a man.

football4life
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
He didn't just act like a chump, he played like one. Good grief, that was painful to watch some of his plays.

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 12:37 AM
In his face sucka!

WOSgrad
01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Matt Leinart a/k/a "The Crybaby" has to take a look at the scoreboard, jerk. It is still lit!

C'mon, lil crybaby, take a good hard freaking look at it!

injuredinmelee
01-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I woudl like to apologize for my use of the F word. The three letter F word.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
FAG! He says we thuink we are still the best team. The BEST TEAM IS HOISTING THE TROPHY IN YOUR HOME TOWN PUNK!!!

Matt Leinart...the NFL's next Ryan Leaf...wah wah wah

eagles_victory
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
When did he say that? I saw him getting all mad on ABC shows what he is really like when he cant handle a loss.

S-WtrMustangFan
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
He was crying becouse Texas just got through spanking his @$$.:( :( :( Big crybaby

WOSgrad
01-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Matt Leinart...the NFL's next Ryan Leaf...wah wah wah

Awesome comparison!

eagles_victory
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
He just said he felt like USC lost the game more then Texas won it. What a tit bag.

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Matt Leinart is a punk!! He is still crying. Give the Horns their due and admit that your coach is a worthless piece of crap who got lucky to beat a bunch of hillbillies last year. I am tired of listening about how good Bush, Leinart and Pete Carroll are.

The HORNS are champs baby!!!!!!
Light the Tower.

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Matt Leinart is a punk!! He is still crying. Give the Horns their due and admit that your coach is a worthless piece of crap who got lucky to beat a bunch of hillbillies last year. I am tired of listening about how good Bush, Leinart and Pete Carroll are.

The HORNS are champs baby!!!!!!
Light the Tower.

Bush is a great talent, as well as White and the now baby-Leinart...

Pete Carroll is a GREAT coach, I wouldn't mind playing for the guy...

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Bush is a great talent, as well as White and the now baby-Leinart...

Pete Carroll is a GREAT coach, I wouldn't mind playing for the guy...

What did Carroll do in the NFL?

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:03 AM

You know what? I dont care.
The HORNS are champs.

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM

What has Brown, Paterno, Bowden etc... done in the NFL???

Carroll did decent in the NFL, a place where coaches are getting fired left and right, and has run a great program at SC...

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:08 AM

Carroll did decent in the NFL, a place where coaches are getting fired left and right, and has run a great program at SC...

Dude quit it.
The Horns are champs. USC's reign is ova.

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Dude quit it.
The Horns are champs. USC's reign is ova.

You asked, I answered...

Hook 'Em...

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Hook this while you are at it.:D

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 01:11 AM
I cannot even talk anymore.
Can I call in sick tomorrow?

Hupernikomen
01-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Leinart will regret that he didn't give UT their due props tomorrow. I have a feeling he will back off of his statements later on.

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 01:27 AM

NOTHING....

JUST LIKE CARROLL!

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Pete Carroll's records as HC for the New England Patriots:

1997: 10-6
1998: 9-7
1999: 8-8

Won the AFC Eastern division title in '97... damn, that really sux...

Gobbla2001
01-05-2006, 01:34 AM
His first head coaching gig only lasted one season, guiding the NY Jets to a 6-10 record in his one and only year...

Spent the next two years as the DC for the 49'ers, winning the NFC Western Division title both years before his winning seasons (minus the last season, .500) at NE...

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Just wanted to let you know that after the game he went into the Longhorn locker room to individually talk to Longhorn players and congrat them on their title. No matter what he said to the media that shows class

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Just wanted to let you know that after the game he went into the Longhorn locker room to individually talk to Longhorn players and congrat them on their title. No matter what he said to the media that shows class well if the longhorns would have been watchin tv he wouldnt of made it out of that locker room alive.:D

Manck
01-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Personally, I think that USC WAS the better team, by just a hair's breadth. They just didn't have the VY-factor.

Leinart was just being honest, IMHO.

But then again, I'm a complete jerk, so there's always that.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 02:26 AM
No, it shows he wants endorsements at the next level. He ain't
Lebron. He ain't Vick. He ain't Young. He isn't charismatic. He is
gonna go the way of Leaf, Marinovich, and other touted college
QB's that bomb at the next level.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Manck
Personally, I think that USC WAS the better team, by just a hair's breadth. They just didn't have the VY-factor.

As a Longhorn fan I agree. USC was dominating the Texas D in the second half, EXCEPT for one play. I think he was being honest and not being classless

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 02:34 AM

You don't get it. When you lose you give credit to the other team.
When you win you give credit to your teammates. That is the way it is.
he didn't. Therefore, showing a lack of class.

I was born in Ann Arbor and bleed maize and blue by the way.

Manck
01-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Well fine then, all-knowing class guru.

I'd far more have a player who thinks that his team's the best in the world, even after they just got beat.

The Southern Cal TEAM was the best TEAM on the field.

Vince Young was just gargantuan and nullified the team effort from Southern Cal.

Leinart was right. I don't give a damn if it was classy or not.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Drink another one USC fan.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 02:49 AM

I'd far more have a player who thinks that his team's the best in the world, even after they just got beat.

Vince Young was just gargantuan and nullified the team effort from Southern Cal.

Leinart was right. I don't give a damn if it was classy or not. Matt was wrong. Vince is apart of the longhorns team and that makes them the better team and they proved that tonight no matter what anyone says.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Defence wins championships and if the Horns D wouldnt have made that stop then usc would have one.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 03:00 AM
My team and heart got crushed by UT in last year's Rose Bowl.

Matt No-heart showed his colors and he will pay at the next
level. He will get drafted by a sorry team and spend most of his
rookie season on his back. That is if he plays at all his first year.
He then will become disgruntled and a media target (i.e. Ryan Leaf).

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2006, 03:04 AM
My team and heart got crushed by UT in last year's Rose Bowl.

Matt No-heart showed his colors and he will pay at the next
level. He will get drafted by a sorry team and spend most of his
rookie season on his back. That is if he plays at all his first year.
He then will become disgruntled and a media target (i.e. Ryan Leaf).

So u knock him for what he said to the media, but give him no credit for his classy act of going into the Longhorn locker room?

Manck
01-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Blah blah blah.

Texas loses that game without VY. USC's effort as a team overall was better. It made that stop by the Longhorn D neccessary.

I'm not a USC fan, I'm a fan of a D-III school that has been averaging about 3 wins for a good season.

More than anything, I'm tired of people blowing smoke up someone's arse just because they won. When you think about it, Leinart was actually complimenting the 'Horns.

Isn't a national championship more impressive when the team that isn't as good finds a way to win it anyways?

Really, it doesn't matter, because Leinart is already more successful in the last day than I will ever be in my entire life. It doesn't matter if a comment he made when some dumb blonde (who said "Thanks, Vince" after she was done interviewing him) makes him a "classless" player. To handle the pressure and spotlight put on him over the last 2 or 3 years as well as he has is impressive beyond belief.

Honestly, I don't care what y'all say, because I have news that I can't divulge (yet) that might devastate some of you....(not about UT). Don't worry, I'll let you know as soon as I'm able :devil:

Until then, tip one back and bask in the glory of your national championship.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Blah blah blah.

Texas loses that game without VY. USC's effort as a team overall was better. It made that stop by the Longhorn D neccessary.

I'm not a USC fan, I'm a fan of a D-III school that has been averaging about 3 wins for a good season.

More than anything, I'm tired of people blowing smoke up someone's arse just because they won. When you think about it, Leinart was actually complimenting the 'Horns.

Isn't a national championship more impressive when the team that isn't as good finds a way to win it anyways?

Really, it doesn't matter, because Leinart is already more successful in the last day than I will ever be in my entire life. It doesn't matter if a comment he made when some dumb blonde (who said "Thanks, Vince" after she was done interviewing him) makes him a "classless" player. To handle the pressure and spotlight put on him over the last 2 or 3 years as well as he has is impressive beyond belief.

Honestly, I don't care what y'all say, because I have news that I can't divulge (yet) that might devastate some of you....(not about UT). Don't worry, I'll let you know as soon as I'm able :devil:

Until then, tip one back and bask in the glory of your national championship. and usc loses that game by 30 without white.

Maroon87
01-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Leinart was crying. Screw him and his weak ass SoCal bretheren and all of their excuses.

Manck...kiss Mack's arse. National champs. What you got?

Manck
01-05-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
and usc loses that game by 30 without white.
um...no. As far as I can tell, LenDale White didn't account for 83.99% of his team's offense.

Defense doesn't win championships when 5 TD's get scored by both teams. Outstanding effort and singular plays do. Ask Gilmer and Jasper about that one.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 03:13 AM
If I disrespected a team on national television and then tried to spin it by going to the other teams locker room after that wouldn't
give me any credibility with anyone.
As a high profile player the pressure is on you with the media...
before, during, and after the game. He blew it after. He is a draft
bust waiting to happen.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 03:14 AM
um...no. As far as I can tell, LenDale White didn't account for 83.99% of his team's offense.

Defense doesn't win championships when 5 TD's get scored by both teams. Outstanding effort and singular plays do. Ask Gilmer and Jasper about that one. Sorry but Texas D won that game. without that stop vy wouldnt have got its chance. USC wouldnt be in this game if ND's D would have stopped them on the goal line in the last minute of the game.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 03:15 AM

Defense doesn't win championships when 5 TD's get scored by both teams. Outstanding effort and singular plays do. Ask Gilmer and Jasper about that one. He accounted for most of their TDS

chs_#75
01-05-2006, 03:20 AM

obviously Souther Cal was the better team... but i always thought we let the score determine that.... guess not... go USC.... PPFfFFFTTT!!! Hook 'em!

Manck
01-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
He accounted for most of their TDS
But he didn't get the majority of the yardage to get him to those TD runs.

If it wasn't for Vince Young, the Longhorn defense wouldn't have had to make that stop, because they wouldn't even be in the game.

As much as I want Colt McCoy to succeed as the Longhorn quarterback after Vince (even if it is only to hear announcers have to say "Jim Ned, Texas"), the Longhorn attack will have to be different than it is now for him to be a championship quarterback.

Vince Young won that game. If he was not as mobile, agile, athletic, etc. as he is, he is a big tackling dummy in the backfield.

Even if you think Leinart (or whatever derogatory nickname you clever comedians are coming up with) is a no-talent spare with no class...he was right on that one.

Manck
01-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by chs_#75
obviously Souther Cal was the better team... but i always thought we let the score determine that.... guess not... go USC.... PPFfFFFTTT!!! Hook 'em!
The best team isn't always the one with the most points on the scoreboard.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 03:29 AM
But he didn't get the majority of the yardage to get him to those TD runs.

If it wasn't for Vince Young, the Longhorn defense wouldn't have had to make that stop, because they wouldn't even be in the game.

As much as I want Colt McCoy to succeed as the Longhorn quarterback after Vince (even if it is only to hear announcers have to say "Jim Ned, Texas"), the Longhorn attack will have to be different than it is now for him to be a championship quarterback.

Vince Young won that game. If he was not as mobile, agile, athletic, etc. as he is, he is a big tackling dummy in the backfield.

Even if you think Leinart (or whatever derogatory nickname you clever comedians are coming up with) is a no-talent spare with no class...he was right on that one. How is he right is VY not on the longhorns team.is matt reggie and lendalle not on uscs team. what about the longhorns line that block for VY what about the recievers that catch the ball for him what about charles taylor and syoung, and the texas d do they not make a team?can you answer that. Is Vy apart of the or not can you answer that.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2006, 03:30 AM

OK. So who actually was the better team in this year's Texas
hs play-offs??? Wimberly or Gainesville...Tatum or Hutto...you
know since final score doesn't matter.

jmcgee
01-05-2006, 03:31 AM
The best team isn't always the one with the most points on the scoreboard. So I guess you can say snyder was better than yall last year its just they had an off night. what the hell ever. wake up and smell the roses their comin home to Texas againnnnn!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2006, 04:08 AM
From ESPN:

Standing outside the Texas locker room, minutes after a national championship had been won, I turned to my left and there was Matt Leinart of all people.
Shoeless. Sockless. Dirty uniform. Glassy eyes. Still.

"Coach! Coach!" Leinart called out.

He was seeking Mack Brown.

"You tell your guys you had a great year," Brown said as he embraced Leinart, who had just seen a 34-game winning streak snapped by the best quarterback on the field at the Rose Bowl: Brown's quarterback.

"Where's Vince?" Leinart asked.

Suddenly, Vince Young emerged from the Texas locker room. By now, a few reporters and photographers had become aware of the slow-developing scene.

Young and Leinart, becoming fast friends, embraced. Leinart on one side of a waist-high metal fence. The wrong side. Young on the other. Where minutes later, the Longhorn players would sing and dance. As they have since this season began.

"Can I borrow some paper?" Young asked a reporter. "Please, sir?"

Handed a piece of white paper and pen, Young asked Leinart for his cell phone number.

"Three four ..." Leinart began.

"You don't want everyone to have that, do you?" Brown chimed in.

"I got like three, so it's all good," Leinart said, laughing.

As Leinart walked away, he said to Young, "Hey, call me up soon, dude!"

Young wouldn't say if he's going pro, even though not going pro at this point would be like trying to replicate Michelangelo's finest performance.

What more could a player do?

Manck
01-05-2006, 04:16 AM
There. Even if they weren't the better team (and I still contend that they might have been, although I'm quickly coming around to the idea), Leinart isn't the world's most classless athlete.

CELEBRATE

EAGLETOWN
01-05-2006, 07:55 AM
He had just lost a game.

The first in how many.

He is not use to losing.

To say the least I imagine he was a little pissed.

Face it just screwed up in the heat of the moment.

After he went to the locker room and thought about what he said he went :doh: and knew he was wrong and knew he had to go try to make it right and that showed some class.

He probally wanted VY to call him so he could them him his self man to man that he said what he said and was sorry.

At least that is what I would have done.

I am not a UT or USC fan.

I am just a football fan that loves to watch a good game.

It was a great game and IMO the better team won.

Reguardless of if UT would not have had VY or USC have Reggie.

That is nill.

They are both part of what consitutes a team.

Sure UT won because of the great play of VY.

If USC would have won it would have been because of the great play of Matt, and Reggie.

Last night Texas won hence they were the better team.

It is why we suit up and play.

If not the polls would pick a winner from the East or West every year.

AggieJohn
01-05-2006, 08:07 AM

no manck you are right, USC was the better team on paper, and 75 out of a 100 times they would of beat texas, but tonight, they broke down mentally on offense and texas capitalized on that HUGELY(if that's a word) with the VY factor

eagles_victory
01-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Texas 41 USC 38 is all the proof I need that Texas was the better team.

Hupernikomen
01-05-2006, 08:26 AM

USC got more yards...guess that means they are the best team.

Their weak defense caused them to have a few near misses this year. Texas was ranked right there with them in every offensive category for the year, and was ranked in the top few on defense not to mention their tremendous special team play. The BEST TEAM won the game. Texas D made the 4th down stops not VY. USC did nothing to stop Texas Offense the whole night. Every running back for UT ran at will with the few touches they got minus a couple plays. Every single play counts..every one of them..and the best team won the game.

Hupernikomen
01-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
no manck you are right, USC was the better team on paper, and 75 out of a 100 times they would of beat texas, but tonight, they broke down mentally on offense and texas capitalized on that HUGELY(if that's a word) with the VY factor

Texas Defense played subpar in this game. In a rematch they don't give up the huge yards up the middle and beat USC by 30!!

UT will back next year we will have to wait and see if this crumbles the dynasty now that the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME has been beaten.

neck_06
01-05-2006, 08:28 AM
all i have to say is get off Lienart's back. bottom line is that he is a good quarterback, he knows how to win and isn't that familiar with losing. i didn't like what he said either but thats no reason to call him a flop. remember that this was only his second game to lose as a starter. i don't think that he will be the greatest quarterback ever, but i do think that he will hold his own.

STANG RED
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
all i have to say is get off Lienart's back. bottom line is that he is a good quarterback, he knows how to win and isn't that familiar with losing. i didn't like what he said either but thats no reason to call him a flop. remember that this was only his second game to lose as a starter. i don't think that he will be the greatest quarterback ever, but i do think that he will hold his own.

I agree with neck_06. Lienart is a great competetor, who has had a great career, but wasnt able to accomplish the one thing he returned this year for. I'm sure it hurts like hell, and he made a knee jerk comment with emotions running high. I'm sure he wishes now that he hadnt made the comment, but I certainly dont think he should be crucified for saying it. He does have alot of class, he just happens to be human. Personally, I think he will have a great pro career as well. I wish him all the luck. I think it will be alot of fun watching alot of the guys from both teams square off against each other at the pro level. You know, they will always think back to this game every time they play each other in the future.

GUNHO
01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
6:45 left and down by 12.Texas defense and offense got the job done.Texas was the best team.

wos fan1
01-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I believe Texas won the National Championship...USC couldn't stop Young!

3afan
01-05-2006, 08:46 AM
a silly arguement IMO ... what is said immediately after a moment/game as emotional as that was can sort of be disregarded. Lets see what he says today/tomorrow.

I'll not hold that against Leinert ...... besides, who the heck cares what he said anyways!

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2006, 08:53 AM

sorry to disagree with you, Texas was the better team. VY doesn't go off unless the oline blocks for him. VY doesn't go off if the recievers are dropping passes. VY doesn't go off if the defense doesn't step it up on 4 and 1. Texas went into USC's home stadium and came out with a win. on January 4, 2006 Texas was the better team, and that's all that matters.

spiveyrat
01-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
VY doesn't go off unless the oline blocks for him.

I don't think he was sacked all night, was he? Good performance from the O-line.

neck_06
01-05-2006, 09:27 AM
there were a couple times near the end where he had to make people miss, but that was because USC was sending 6 and 7 guys on the blitz GREAT JOB O-LINE!

pirate4state
01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
a silly arguement IMO ... what is said immediately after a moment/game as emotional as that was can sort of be disregarded. Lets see what he says today/tomorrow.

I'll not hold that against Leinert ...... besides, who the heck cares what he said anyways! :clap: EXACTLY!!! Who cares??? ESPN sure hasn't picked up on it...all they've been talking about (still) is how great USC is. :rolleyes: Talking about how Leinhart, Bush & Carroll all went to the Texas locker room, blah, blah, blah....:hand: I'm sorry, but TEXAS won the National Championship and Longhorn fans are still getting it shoved down our throats how classy and great the USC program is!! Okay so maybe they are classy and they had a great run, but it is TEXAS' time to shine...all the LONGHORN NATION want is some of that spotlight, is that so wrong? :D :D Guess we'll have to give it to each other b/c ESPN is too stunned to do anything else!!! :evillaugh

Maroon87
01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Uhhh....what?
Originally posted by Maroon87
Go screw yourself, Manck. Your jealousy is toxic.

If you are part of someone's signature, does that mean you're famous?:cool:

Black_Magic
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Blah blah blah.

Until then, tip one back and bask in the glory of your national championship. Crap! Texas Spoted them 7 then even left 6 more on the field by missing 2 FGs and an Extra pt.:rolleyes: I cant believe you are like all the other California Sports writers and cant see the plain truth . Texas was by far the best. Reggie WHO???? VY showed everyone and even you he is the true heisman trophy winner. Reggie will be remembered and the second best player of 05.

aggie
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I think it funny that everyone is calling Leinart classless, i guess i am the only person who saw vince young at the sportscenter set and his "Who's the heisman winner now?" comment.

He played a hell of a game, and won the championship for the horns, and looked like a fool, with quite possible the worst attempt at dancing i have ever seen, when he accepted his offensive player of the game...and i thought jamaal charles couldn't put words together in a coherent sentence....it's bootyful...:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
01-05-2006, 10:16 AM
I decline to judge someone's class. I think what Leinart said to the media was in haste and showed his raw emotions just moments after a crushing defeat. You can't judge someone in a situation like that. As for his going into the Texas lockerroom, I don't feel that is ever a place for the opposing team. Stay out of my sanctuary and I will stay out of yours. Since I am biased in my opinion on lockerroom visits I will abstain from judging his class on that topic as well. Let's just give the young man credit for lighting it up in the second half and leaving it all on the field. I will leave the judging of his class up to his teammates at USC. In the post-game interview he stated that he felt USC lost the game more than Texas won the game. Personally I felt like he was trying to place the blame for the loss on the defense and trying to slither out of any responsibility. To me that's chicken poop and selfish. I was rather impressed with VY in his post-game ESPN interview at their outdoor set. More than once he reminded the Gameday guys that the UT team is more than just Vince Young. Way to go VY. Actions like that, continuing the "WE" speak, tell me Vince will be back in burnt orange for the '06 campaign. Bad news for me since I'm an Aggie fan.

BTEXDAD
01-05-2006, 10:28 AM

I think the Astros had the best team in Baseball this past season, and I don't care what ANYBODY says. They were clearly better than the white sox, just not in those four games.

I'll give white sox credit, but give the longhorns some credit also, manck.

USC lost! they are good, but got caught up reading their press clippings.

kosmo
01-05-2006, 10:29 AM
No, it shows he wants endorsements at the next level. He ain't
Lebron. He ain't Vick. He ain't Young. He isn't charismatic. He is
gonna go the way of Leaf, Marinovich, and other touted college
QB's that bomb at the next level.

O.k., here it goes. I want everyone to watch what happens to the "mighty" Vince Young when he goes pro. Humbling would be the first word I would use and HORRIBLE NFL quarterback would be the second. He is a running back playing quarterback, and that is all he will ever be (see Mike Vick, have you ever seen him win a big game in the pros). I don't think Vince Young has ever made it to his third read. Usually if the first one is not there he is pulling it down and running. Leinart might not be a great Qb himself, but he will much better off in the pros, because he plays QUARTERBACK. Last time I checked, no one ran a zone read option offense in the pros. Why, because the bigger, faster, more aggressive defenses will eat his lunch. All I need to know about VY, I found out after the Heisman presentation. After he lost, all he could do was pout about losing, whining that he let his team down. What a crock of crap. He was crying because he would not get a chance to showboat himself in front of the cameras. And don't come back saying he is not a showboat, because that's all he is. And by the way, your examples of highly touted QB's is not very good. Leaf was a mental case before he went pro and Marinovich got addicted to nose candy once he got to the pros. How about Vince Young being the next in the long line of busted QB's like, Andre Ware, Heath Shuler, Danny Wuerffel, Tommy Frazier(for those who forget, he was a running quarterback), Eric Crouch(see previous), Akili Smith, Cade Mcnown, Tim Couch, and probably the best one of all Quincy Carter. Ouch, who could forget him. Supposed to be the next great QB of the Cowboys because of his improvisation if a play busted was one of the worst QB's to ever wear the Cowboy uniform. I would rather have Babe Laughenberg play under center. Oh well, enough bashing of the poor lad. Let the rebuttals begin.

pirate4state
01-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by kosmo
O.k., here it goes. I want everyone to watch what happens to the "mighty" Vince Young when he goes pro. Humbling would be the first word I would use and HORRIBLE NFL quarterback would be the second. He is a running back playing quarterback, and that is all he will ever be (see Mike Vick, have you ever seen him win a big game in the pros). I don't think Vince Young has ever made it to his third read. Usually if the first one is not there he is pulling it down and running. Leinart might not be a great Qb himself, but he will much better off in the pros, because he plays QUARTERBACK. Last time I checked, no one ran a zone read option offense in the pros. Why, because the bigger, faster, more aggressive defenses will eat his lunch. All I need to know about VY, I found out after the Heisman presentation. After he lost, all he could do was pout about losing, whining that he let his team down. What a crock of crap. He was crying because he would not get a chance to showboat himself in front of the cameras. And don't come back saying he is not a showboat, because that's all he is. And by the way, your examples of highly touted QB's is not very good. Leaf was a mental case before he went pro and Marinovich got addicted to nose candy once he got to the pros. How about Vince Young being the next in the long line of busted QB's like, Andre Ware, Heath Shuler, Danny Wuerffel, Tommy Frazier(for those who forget, he was a running quarterback), Eric Crouch(see previous), Akili Smith, Cade Mcnown, Tim Couch, and probably the best one of all Quincy Carter. Ouch, who could forget him. Supposed to be the next great QB of the Cowboys because of his improvisation if a play busted was one of the worst QB's to ever wear the Cowboy uniform. I would rather have Babe Laughenberg play under center. Oh well, enough bashing of the poor lad. Let the rebuttals begin. blah, blah, blah...hows that for a rebuttal??? :D I'm sick of all of this. :foul: I'm gonna let ya'll wallow in your misery over VINCE-sanity. :D

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

besides...I have work to do. :weeping:

CHS_Grad '85
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/P/PRB17601050620-big.jpg

They are cool with each other... let do the same...

Old Tiger
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Is Matt grabbing his touche?

There better not be any touche grabbing going on in there...

JasperDog94
01-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Let's get something straight. USC might have the best overall talent from position to position...maybe, but that doesn't make them the better team. Texas was the better team last night.....PERIOD!

lepfan
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
IMO -- I think the teams were equal last night. I personally think they could have played all night long and the score would have bounced back and forth.

Hupernikomen
01-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Let's get something straight. USC might have the best overall talent from position to position...maybe, but that doesn't make them the better team. Texas was the better team last night.....PERIOD!

The only position on the field I would give USC the nod as being better is at RB and WR..and Texas' young talent at those two positions have great things ahead of them. Everywhere else I feel Texas is even or better than USC

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
NOTHING....

JUST LIKE CARROLL!

Amen. Thats what I was saying. And I never said anything about Bowden or those others. And Paterno has never even coached in the NFL....all he knows is Penn State.

GOFOR2
01-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Amen. Thats what I was saying. And I never said anything about Bowden or those others. And Paterno has never even coached in the NFL....all he knows is Penn State.

oh yea...and he knows winning.

JasperDog94
01-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
IMO -- I think the teams were equal last night. I personally think they could have played all night long and the score would have bounced back and forth. They may be equal off the field, but once you get on the field, one team will be better than the other. They might play 10 times and be 5-5 against each other, but last night Texas was better. They stopped USC when they had to and then scored the winning touchdown.

lepfan
01-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
What a jerk he is!! :foul:

Why is he a jerk? If you notice he said "We THINK..." just because someone 'thinks' something does not make it written in stone. :rolleyes: