PDA

View Full Version : to Burnet fans

DAWGFAN88
01-04-2003, 01:12 AM
several everman fans and myself are planning on coming to Burnet on Jan 18th for the Corey Fulbright event. any suggestions on hotels and places to eat? we would grealy appreciate it. Hope to meet some of all in person that day. thank you

espn1
01-04-2003, 09:49 AM
The best place to stay is the Holiday Inn. I would suggest B'fast at the Highlander. Lunch you have a few choices, the Highlander has a buffet, there's also a few fast food place's. Marble Falls is 15 minutes away and has alot better selection of food. For dinner I'd head to the Catfish Barge if you like Catfish. Good food and view. The Barge is an old refurbished fishing dock that overlooks Inks Lake. It's a lot of fun to eat at. If you have time I'd head to Llano for lunch. Llano is approx. 30 miles west of Burnet. Hands down one of the best BBQ places in Texas and the world. Don't miss Cooper's BBQ. Marble Falls has a good selection of dinner choices if you prefer not to eat Catfish.

<small>[ January 04, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

jason
01-04-2003, 10:51 AM
I think the Barge is overrated...the food isn't that great and its not cheap...it does have a good view though. Our family has a cabin just across the lake from there...I hit golf balls at it from across the way :D There is a place in Marble Falls called 'Docks' Great seafood, fairly priced...

BarneyBulldawg4President
01-04-2003, 11:40 AM
For lunch, I would suggest the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. HIsotrically recognized by the State of Texas and excellent down home cooking! Just like grandma makes :) I know because I have had the pleasure of working there and still love the grub!

If you can't get into the Holiday Inn Express, try the Howard Johnson's. It's alright. Funny thing is if someone needs a place to stay in Burnet, they head for their cousin's house! LMAO! There are a couple of hotels in Marble Falls as well. Oh and there is a nice bed & breakfast on Hwy. 29 called The Airy Mount. Kinda pricey but very nice and quiet.

We look forward to having you here! :D

greendog fan
01-04-2003, 12:18 PM
DAWGFAN88:
several everman fans and myself are planning on coming to Burnet on Jan 18th for the Corey Fulbright event. any suggestions on hotels and places to eat? we would grealy appreciate it. Hope to meet some of all in person that day. thank youIf you like to camp out let me know. I have a camper that would sleep 6 or 7 adults pretty eazy. That would be be the cheapest place to stay. I will set it up for ya,ll out at the lake somewheres, and all you would have to pay for is your meals. PM me and let me know. My camper has central air and head so you will have all the comforts of home at a real great price. Hope to see ya.ll there.

jason
01-04-2003, 12:20 PM
There is also camping grounds right next to the Barge on Inks Lake...So if you have an RV and like camping in the winter.....

Burnet Dawg06
01-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah like espn1 said, the Holiday Inn is probally the best place to stay. If not there then the Howard Johnson. Places to eat in Burnet...There's not many!lol. The Highlander, The Riverwalk Cafe, and there's also a pretty good BBQ place. There is a few fast food places like McDonalds, DQ, Sonic, Pizza Hut and probally a few others. Hope I helped. I haven't heard much about the Corey Fulbright event. Can someone please fill me in?

Old Dog
01-04-2003, 05:04 PM
An article in the Jan 1 Burnet Bulletin states that there will be raffle held to benefit Corey at the Galloway-Hammond Rec Center on Jan 18. I have heard from other reliable sources that over $6000 in goods and services have been donated already. Also the article states that two local banks have over $30,000 on deposit for Corey.

greendog fan
01-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Old Dog:
An article in the Jan 1 Burnet Bulletin states that there will be raffle held to benefit Corey at the Galloway-Hammond Rec Center on Jan 18. I have heard from other reliable sources that over $6000 in goods and services have been donated already. Also the article states that two local banks have over $30,000 on deposit for Corey.Go to www.cityofburnet.com (http://www.cityofburnet.com) for some great info about the raffle.

greendog fan
01-04-2003, 05:42 PM
greendog fan:

Old Dog:
An article in the Jan 1 Burnet Bulletin states that there will be raffle held to benefit Corey at the Galloway-Hammond Rec Center on Jan 18. I have heard from other reliable sources that over $6000 in goods and services have been donated already. Also the article states that two local banks have over $30,000 on deposit for Corey.Go to www.cityofburnet.com (http://www.cityofburnet.com) for some great info about the raffle.There is one prize that i will be bidding on even if i have to take a bank loan out to get it. Mac Brown donated a sigh football with all the Longhorns signiture on it. So every body dont bit on it, I want it. They hope to raise over 25,000 $$$$ of the raffle and auction. I really think WE can do it. All 3adl readers, come to Burnet on the 18th and lets help Cory and his family. Has Corey been moved to Dallas yet for his rehab? Heard they were going to move him to Dallas last week.

DAWGFAN88
01-04-2003, 06:40 PM
YES COREY GOT MOVED TO DALLAS FRIDAY. WAS TOLD THE MOVE WENT WELL AND HE WAS DOING O.K.

GOT MY ROOM AT THE HOLIDAY INN--SEE EVERYONE ON THE 18TH.

BULLDOGFAN
01-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Bandera is having it's Championship Parade that morning but I think this would be an awesome time to round up some of the herd and head north for the cause of Corey.

From what I can gather everything kinda starts at 6:00 p.m. If not, someone IM me from Burnet and give me the whole days activities.

Would be good to meet some of you guys.

greendog fan
01-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Old Dog:
An article in the Jan 1 Burnet Bulletin states that there will be raffle held to benefit Corey at the Galloway-Hammond Rec Center on Jan 18. I have heard from other reliable sources that over $6000 in goods and services have been donated already. Also the article states that two local banks have over $30,000 on deposit for Corey.Here is a SMALL list of some of the few things that have been donated for the auction for Corey.UTFootball signed by Coach Mack,A complete set of irons for you golfers,Senator Troy Fraser has donated a State Flag that flew over the state Capitol. A autographed " One Heart Beat" book by Mack Brown And Bill Little, with a foreword by Darrell Royal, sing by all 3. Great book i have read it. A 3 day Trophy White Tail Deer Hunt valued at $3500.00 . Alimited edition " Season of The Rut" sculpture. I saw it today. It is really awsome. A vintage Marlin Single Shot 12 gauge shotgun, circa 1940. It is awsome also. A one day guided hunt for deer or hog. The list goes on and on. Check on to this web site in a day or two for more info. www.cityofburnet.com (http://www.cityofburnet.com) They are in the prosees of updating it now.

Jimbotex40
01-06-2003, 11:34 PM
how much is all of the surgeries and stuff gonna cost?

DawgMama
01-07-2003, 01:03 PM
There is an excellent article in MySanAntonio.com about Chris Canales, who sustained the same type of injury as Corey a year ago while playing football for San Marcos Baptist Academy. You can go to http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=920&xlc=901041
to read the article. The Canales family has had medical expenses in excess of $780,000.00 in the first year alone.