PDA

View Full Version : New Softball Poll out by Coaches

Old Cardinal
03-28-2003, 09:15 AM
The new Texas Girls Coaching Association Poll is now out.....1. Splendora 2. Bridge City 3. Van 4. Ingleside 5. Decatur 6. Wharton 7. Monahans 8. Caldwell 9. West 10. Elgin.....Coach Wendy Weiss from Caldwell has a potent team with a good pitcher at 9-3. Region III looks tough #1 Splendora #2 Bridge City #6 Wharton #8 Caldwell #9 West #10 Elgin...Mellisa Collins continues to dazzle the folks with her National skill level pitching skills, over at Splendora....Bridge City Senior Pitcher Laura Gremillion really hurt her thumb in their last game. Laura was an All-State Pitcher even when she was a 9th grader, back when Bridge City was in it's last year of 4A softball. Sophomore, Meagan Godwin should be able to cover the spot adequately, for a few games, since she pitched them 2 rounds into the playoffs last year when Laura had to have an operation...Wharton, West and Elgin have solid playoff teams. Wharton may be the sleeper! Van has a lot of wins this year and are poised to do well, in 14-3A.

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

RBARKER
03-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Old Card, If you would like to do a little scouting Splendora Plays Barbers Hill @ Barbers Hill @ 6:00 on April 4th. Last time these two teams meet BH played them pretty good but errors cost them the game 5-1.

Old Cardinal
03-28-2003, 01:07 PM
RBarker, Sounds like another good game coming up, for BH & Splendora....I will be in Baytown all this weekend for a Select team softball tournament. Barbers Hill has a good "feeder" program going. Have you happened to have played the LaGrange Leps Softball team? They are now 5-0; 13-3 and have a good hitter in Krystle Bailey, who has hit 3 triples. They don't have any homerun hitters and that is probably why they are not rated....I think they are another sleeper team.

big daddy russ
03-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Hey Old Card, thanks for the updates. My Mustangs are in there ranked fourth, but play an important district game against Sinton tonight. I believe Sinton actually beat us the first go-round and Ingleside has to win tonight if they want an inside shot at the district title. I won't be able to be there because of Auburn playing in the Sweet 16, but Phil C said he was going. One of us will post a score.

Oh, and by the way, Wharton moved over to Region IV. Just a heads up. Again, thanks for the updates.

Old Cardinal
03-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks Big Daddy, I have trouble sometimes with who along the border of Region III & IV are placed on either side of the fence by the UIL! Wharton has played some Region III teams real tough, in preseason. They will then meet Sinton or Ingleside soon in the IV bracketing?

Old Green
03-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Wharton is in Region IV this year.

Old Cardinal
03-28-2003, 09:16 PM
SOFTBALL--Bridge City over Hamshire-Fannett, Varsity 11-1, JV 9-4---- Soph. Meagan Godwin pitched a solid game. Boys game cancelled because of misting rain. They will play Buna on Monday at 6:30 PM, At BC.... Anyone have scores on Orangefield? Jessica Lemoine had a 3 run homer to 10-run rule the game, last time they played, she hit a grand slam homerun.

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

middleagecardinal
03-31-2003, 01:51 PM
Actually Old Card, Meagan Godwin is the one that hit the grand slam the first time BC played H-F.

Old Cardinal
03-31-2003, 06:30 PM
Sorry middleage, I thought that one was Jessica...It great that 3 of them on the team have had homeruns.

LG
04-02-2003, 11:12 PM
I think that the Top ten is pretty much up for grabs but you cant forget bout the Lady Leps...a very young team behind two freshman pitches that have beaten #10 Elgin in district and is tied with elgin for first place in district...

Chopblock
04-03-2003, 07:26 AM
You are right, the Lady Leps beat Elgin 1-0 in the 1st meeting, and you are correct that they are tied, what you failed to mention was the fact Elgin beat them 3-1 Tuesday night

big daddy russ
04-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey Old Card, Ingleside lost to Sinton the other day so we'll probably wind up second in district. If Wharton wins their district (I'm not exactly sure how District 28 looks) they'll be put in the top half of the bracket and wind up playing Sinton in the Regional Semifinals. They wouldn't get to meet Ingleside until the Regional Finals.