PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Knight in Abilene to watch ...

Sweetwater Red
01-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Bobby Knight was in the stands to watch a kid from Cooper play
against Midland High. KTXS showed Knight sitting up in the corner
of the stands. But, how's that for pressure? Having Bobby assess
your playing in person.

kaorder1999
01-04-2006, 01:44 AM
what...bobby make someone nervous??? hehe

kepdawg
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
If the kid has the talent to interest Knight, then the kid better get used to handling pressure.

STANG RED
01-04-2006, 08:45 AM
The last kid Knight recruited from Abilene Cooper ended up being a flop. Remember Andrae Patterson?
Hopefully, this kid will have better luck.

neck_06
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Thats a pretty big honor to have a coaching legend in the stands watching you (especially in the middle of the College Basketball Season) usually they would send an assistant coach.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

run_n_hit
01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't call Andrae a flop. He made it to the NBA and was plagued with unjuries. He had a good career at IU

wyliegrad04
01-04-2006, 10:56 AM
as a good friend of Andrae Patterson, I wouldn't call him a flop at all. Have you been keeping up with him recently?!?!

Great great career at IU. Maybe not the NCAA best, but still a very good career. He then went to the NBA and did some good, but had several injuries.

He then went overseas to play in a league where he was the league's top scorer and MVP ... now yea, that is overseas, but that is still a hell of a job if you ask me.

i wouldn't say he was a flop at all ... one of the best (or the best) player to come out cooper ... mcdonalds all-american ... i got the pleasure to travel with his family and watch him play in that great.

no flop at all ..

STANG RED
01-04-2006, 11:57 AM
OK, maybe flop is too strong of a word.
However he did seem to leave Abilene with alot more potential in his career than what actually has panned out to this point.
I know he battled with some injuries along the way though that probably took there toll.

injuredinmelee
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
If Andrea would have known that Stackhouse and some other Carolina Player were gonna leave early I think he would have gone there.

The kid being recruited by Knight is Ryan Harp. His daddy was a basketball coach at Hardin Simmons. I dont know what he is doign now.

Adidas410s
01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
If Andrea would have known that Stackhouse and some other Carolina Player were gonna leave early I think he would have gone there.

The kid being recruited by Knight is Ryan Harp. His daddy was a basketball coach at Hardin Simmons. I dont know what he is doign now.

still working at HSU doing P/R and alumni relations work.