PDA

View Full Version : Good ol' Region IV ......

Dave-O
03-10-2003, 05:23 PM
So how does region for look for everybody. Who do ya like, and who do you Loathe and why?

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Looks ripe for the picking to me. I kinda wish this was a realignement year, that would definately make it interesting. I look for a new power to emerge,or an old one to resurface.
J2K

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 07:18 PM
I still think Rice and Burnet are going to be at the top of region 4. Both have key players returning. Rice has almost all of their backs returning i think, and Burnet has McGee and the Jordan Shipley show returning.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Burnet will be, by far, the class if Division 1. Division 2 will be a toss up because there are several strong teams. Right now, i'd say the class of Div. 2 R4 would be Rice, Bandera, and Port Isabel. Both Rice and PI return huge numbers and will be very strong next season. Bandera is the defending state champ, so of course they're the current "class" of R4. Other good teams to mention would be CC West Oso, Sweeny, and Mathis. A definite sleeper, according to many from the District 30 area, is Taft. Districts 31 and 29 will be their usual weak selves.

Should both Rice and Port Isabel win their districts, they would eventually meet in the 3rd round of the playoffs. That would be one helluva game.

topdawg
03-10-2003, 08:57 PM
i think its going to be burnet and port isabel leading the way for region four this year.