PDA

View Full Version : miners found alive

bulldogbark
01-04-2006, 12:24 AM
boy talk about a blessing 12 of the 13 miners trapped in the WV mine have been found alive. I was douting that after that long anyone would be found alive.....

kepdawg
01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
It's amazing! I've been flipping back and forth between coverage of it and the Orange Bowl.

44INAROW
01-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It's amazing! I've been flipping back and forth between coverage of it and the Orange Bowl.
same here.. was sure worried since they found the one earlier....... thank heaven's they are alive...... :)

kaorder1999
01-04-2006, 01:44 AM
wow...thank god

kepdawg
01-04-2006, 02:58 AM
It appears there is only 1 survivor!

Apparently there has been a horrible case of misinformation.

FootballChik98
01-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It appears there is only 1 survivor!

Apparently there has been a horrible case of misinformation.

That is horrible. I was just flipping through channels when I saw that. :(

pirate44
01-04-2006, 06:57 AM
i just read the newspaper about only 1 survivor. very tragic :(

bulldogbark
01-04-2006, 07:22 AM
wow, this is terrible , I was sitting there watching as all the families were cheering and hugging as they were told of the 12 survivers and I wake up finding out all but one are dead. how terrible can something become

Aesculus gilmus
01-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Whatever channel you were watching, make a note never to believe anything coming from its reporters or anchors again.

We need a more cynical attitude toward what the "mind controllers" (or in this case, "mine controllers") in the media are telling us. They are attempting to shape your reality, from what happened in the JFK assassination to what happened during the Gulf of Tonkin incident all the way up to more recent events such as the standoff at Ruby Ridge, the Waco fire, the Oklahoma City bombing, TWA Flight 800 and, finally, the Big Kahuna, 9-11.

Of course, I do not expect this to happen. Millions of people will still sit there glued to their TV sets and believe every word aired over Fox, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc., as if it came directly from the Almighty. The corporate borg will continue to asssimilate you. Resistance is futile. That's what they have told you and, golly, if it was on TV, it must be true.

spiveyrat
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Whatever channel you were watching, make a note never to believe anything coming from its reporters or anchors again.

We need a more cynical attitude toward what the "mind controllers" (or in this case, "mine controllers") in the media are telling us. They are attempting to shape your reality, from what happened in the JFK assassination to what happened during the Gulf of Tonkin incident all the way up to more recent events such as the standoff at Ruby Ridge, the Waco fire, the Oklahoma City bombing, TWA Flight 800 and, finally, the Big Kahuna, 9-11.

Of course, I do not expect this to happen. Millions of people will still sit there glued to their TV sets and believe every word aired over Fox, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc., as if it came directly from the Almighty. The corporate borg will continue to asssimilate you. Resistance is futile. That's what they have told you and, golly, if it was on TV, it must be true.

What do you think the spin on 9/11 is?

Crimestick
01-04-2006, 09:39 AM

Rubbish. The families were the ones who came pouring out of the church saying that they had been told by officials that 12 had survived. Even the owner of the mining company said so. Apparently, church bells were ringing all over the town. If CNN was live, what were they supposed to report? This was not a conspiracy, it was a huge error by those in charge of giving the info to the media.

Ranger Mom
01-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Rubbish. The families were the ones who came pouring out of the church saying that they had been told by officials that 12 had survived. Even the owner of the mining company said so. Apparently, church bells were ringing all over the town. If CNN was live, what were they supposed to report? This was not a conspiracy, it was a huge error by those in charge of giving the info to the media.

I heard on the news that is was miscommunication between the rescuers and the communication center and the communication center passed on what they THOUGHT they heard to the media.

kaorder1999
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
oh god

STANG RED
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM

Easy fella! Now take a deep breath and relax a little bit.
I think most of us are rational adults and realize there is a skewed view present in the media, but this conspiracy theory of yours is a bit over the top.
This was a terrible but simple mistake on the media's part. Hopefully they will learn from it. Probably not, but we can hope. The competition to be the first to get the story out will always be present. Its just simply the price we pay in a free society. I would rather pay that price rather than lose the freedom.

Aesculus gilmus
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
You live in a total surveillance society. There is no "freedom" to be a private person anymore. You are suspected of being a "terrorist" and therefore we have to keep an eye (and ear) on you.

My point is that TV is used to shape your reality. Whatever the TV tells the Americans, that is what they will believe, particularly if the message is drummed into their heads repeatedly day after day.

Truth or falsity of any particular message is irrelevant anymore. A lot of people still believe the original version of the Pvt. Jessica Lynch story in Iraq or still believe Pat Tillman fought to the death agaiinst a bunch of Taliban fighters. Sure, they corrected this error right away, but that is only because it is pretty hard to hide the fact that 12 out of 13 guys were dead. Let's just say if the Pentagon had been in control of the story, you'd still believe they are alive. At this point in the Pat Tillman story, we still thought he was killed by "the enemy."

spiveyrat
01-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Whatever the TV tells the Americans, that is what they will believe, particularly if the message is drummed into their heads repeatedly day after day.

I don't buy your "total surveillance society" as you advertise it. However, I do firmly believe your point above.

kepdawg
01-04-2006, 03:21 PM
this whole thing stinks.

CHS_CG
01-04-2006, 03:31 PM
It is very sad! I do not know that it was the media is at complete fault here. There was serious miscommunication somewhere along the line but the important thing is we all need to keep the families of the miners in our thoughts and prayers and also keep the one gentleman that is in crictal condition in our thoughts and prayers as well! No need in fighting over how or who miscommunicated with who.

football4life
01-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I picked up our newspaper at school and the front page headline said that 12 were alive, and 1 found dead. Luckily i had read the downlow this morning and knew the real deal, so i explained to my classmates what had happened. Ah, the good 'ol DL.:) But on a serious note, this is a tragic event, and i can't imagine the rollercoaster of such extremes that took place in those families.

griff
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Of course it's the media's fault. Don't be so soft hearted to give them a free pass. The national media receives the benefit of the doubt by too many people that they are truly sincere in reporting only facts and the truth. In reality, they are more interested in promoting their networks, their anchors, their editorials and agendas, and being the first to break a story, whether they've verified the facts or not (this is a perfect case in point).

Look at the national press like you would any other consumer product. It's assembled, packaged, marketed, and consumed by you and me. If the product is no good, then it should lose you as a customer. When you see/hear of sloppy reporting like this, at the very least remember the moment so you won't be so quick to believe them next time, or better yet, find another news outlet more trustworthy (and good luck in your quest to find one).

injuredinmelee
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
You live in a total surveillance society. There is no "freedom" to be a private person anymore. You are suspected of being a "terrorist" and therefore we have to keep an eye (and ear) on you.

My point is that TV is used to shape your reality. Whatever the TV tells the Americans, that is what they will believe, particularly if the message is drummed into their heads repeatedly day after day.

Truth or falsity of any particular message is irrelevant anymore. A lot of people still believe the original version of the Pvt. Jessica Lynch story in Iraq or still believe Pat Tillman fought to the death agaiinst a bunch of Taliban fighters. Sure, they corrected this error right away, but that is only because it is pretty hard to hide the fact that 12 out of 13 guys were dead. Let's just say if the Pentagon had been in control of the story, you'd still believe they are alive. At this point in the Pat Tillman story, we still thought he was killed by "the enemy."

Art Bell???

Aesculus gilmus
01-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Try Alex Jones. Art Bell is pretty well retired these days anyhow.

http://www.infowars.com

No one can refute what I said. Total surveillance or "Total Information Awareness" as Adm. John Poindexter calls it is the norm of American society now.

There is no right to privacy anymore. Most of us have so many "interactive" devices that we make ourselves very easy to track. Even the Amish are being tracked via "National Technical Means" (aka spy satellites).

Whether this is good or bad depends, I suppose, on how fearful you are of terrorists and what you think of the U.S. Constitution and whether it should be the law of the land or not. I have never had one iota of fear about being struck by a terrorist. This is a bogus, manufactured phenomenon. And if terrorists are about to do us all in, why is the southern border basically still open for 20 million illegal aliens (and whoever else wants to make a run for it) to transit back and forth across?

bulldogbark
01-04-2006, 07:22 PM
so I guess the forman of the company who over heard the rescuers over the squack box and called the church is national media? I would say it was someone who wanted to give good news but didnt hear all that was going on. but if you want to blame the secret goverment that is really brainwashing us at the K-mart stores during the blue light specials go right along.:D

footsball
01-04-2006, 07:22 PM

:thinking: is there any difference between the website you posted and the news media? i dont think so! i think most people quit believing the news media a long time ago:D