PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl Predictions: Media, Celebrity, and More

kepdawg
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Rose Bowl Predictions (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/football/rosebowl/stories/122305dnsporosebowlpicks.23e7254.html)

Check the link for a lot of predictions! I pulled just a few for here.

Kevin Blackistone

USC 48, Texas 31: Pete Carroll returns to the NFL after Paul Tagliabue names the Trojans the league’s new LA franchise.

Mark Cuban, Mavericks owner

Texas 38, USC 31: No one said USC could play any defense. The Horns are going to jump on them early and hold on against a furious rally to win.

Billy Gillispie, Texas A&M men's basketball coach

Texas 37, USC 28: I'm pulling for Texas teams.

Emory Bellard III, Jacksonville, Fla.

Texas 35, USC 17: USC hasn't faced a solid defense all season. USC beating a soft Notre Dame defensive team in South Bend doesn't even compare to Texas beating a strong defensive Ohio State team in Columbus. You can't compare similar opponents for these teams, but Texas has gotten stronger and stronger each week. The West Coast media hype has boosted USC's rankings the same way they boosted Reggie Bush to win the Heisman. ... Texas will out-tough a talented USC team.

Cathy Weinblatt, Dallas

Texas 38, USC 35: Never underestimate the power of a motivated Vince Young. He loves playing in the national spotlight -- and after losing the Heisman, he will relish the opportunity to prove everyone wrong!

Matt Hayes, The Sporting News

USC 34, Texas 24: The Trojans haven't seen anything like Vince Young, much less a motvated Vince Young. Eventually, USC will figure how to contain Young on the read option play – say, somewhere in the third quarter – and score late to make a close game more comfortable.

Black_Magic
01-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Bottom Line

Total D
Texas #6
USC #35:doh:

Total O
USC #1
Texas #4

Bottom Line

Texas 38
USC 24

http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/tiger_photos/photo_tige38.JPG

SPREAD THE RED!!!

vet93
01-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I am with you BM....it comes down to defense...Texas has an advantage!

Originally posted by Black_Magic
Bottom Line

Total D
Texas #6
USC #35:doh:

Total O
USC #1
Texas #4

Bottom Line

Texas 38
USC 24

http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/tiger_photos/photo_tige38.JPG

SPREAD THE RED!!!

injuredinmelee
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM
wow only 4 days into the year and I am already agreeing with BM on something

Black_Magic
01-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow only 4 days into the year and I am already agreeing with BM on something May the names of all the Hells angels appear in your daughters diary!:hand:

STANG RED
01-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow only 4 days into the year and I am already agreeing with BM on something

I know, me to. Scary as hell aint it!

sweetwater07
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
i think USC will get ahead early on UT and win in a close one......USC's defense lacks but with the backs they have it makes up for it......
USC=reggie bush,matt leinart, rhondel white
Texas=vince young, sometimes ramonce taylor

USC 35
Texas 26

Black_Magic
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i think USC will get ahead early on UT and win in a close one......USC's defense lacks but with the backs they have it makes up for it......
USC=reggie bush,matt leinart, rhondel white
Texas=vince young, sometimes ramonce taylor

USC 35
Texas 26 USC comes from behind in a close one against Fresino St...... Fresino State gets Spanked by TULSA?:eek: ?
USC comes form behind and wins by the crotch hair vs Notre Dame.... Notre Dame gets Blasted by Ohio State who was beaten at home by TEXAS:eek:
Texas Beat Nebraska by 66!!!! Nebraska beats Michigan, Michigan Loses by 7 to Notre Dame who lost to USC by 1.... That puts Texas up by a total of 71 pts!!!! wont be that bad tonight though .
The examples of why are all over the place. Its ok your young and still buy into the California Media Giants HYPE....:rolleyes: In all the polls except the AP poll UT is #1
Heck it could be a complete blowout im my eyes for Texas. But some teams come to play and others dont. If TEXAS does not come ready they could lose.

kepdawg
01-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Here's another one of the predictions I particularly liked!

Allen Wilson, Carter High School football coach

Texas 35, USC 28: Any time people are talking about a team being the greatest ever, they get their [rears] beat.

Adidas410s
01-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
The examples of why are all over the place. Its ok your young and still buy into the California Media Giants HYPE....:rolleyes: In all the polls except the AP poll UT is #1

except for the coaches poll...and the BCS poll...

what polls are you talking about again?