PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back after a .......

AP Panther Fan
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
great holiday and relaxing vacation in Big Bend!:D

Hope everyone has been behaving themselves (or at least trying to).

pirate44
01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
welcome back. i wish i could have been there to. :)

44INAROW
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Welcome back - sounds like a nice time:)

AP Panther Fan
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
welcome back. i wish i could have been there to. :)

thanks. It is one of those things where you are glad to go and even more happy to get back home.

Hope you, Beckye and Mikey had a great Christmas! I bet Santa stopped at your house! :D

44inarow, when you get a chance, give me an update on the article you e-mailed me.

pirate44
01-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
thanks. It is one of those things where you are glad to go and even more happy to get back home.

Hope you, Beckye and Mikey had a great Christmas! I bet Santa stopped at your house! :D

44inarow, when you get a chance, give me an update on the article you e-mailed me.
we did, thanks. unfortunately our new years could have been better. we have been suffering from the flu for the past week. all 3 of us. i think we're getting over it though. Santa was good to Mikey. he loves his choo choo.
one of the best new years i experienced was camping out west in the Davis Mountains and going to Big Bend. i froze my hiney off at night, but an amazing way to spend new years

sinton66
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, the FT. Davis area is super for star gazing at night. Did you get a chance to tour the McDonald Observatory?

pirate44
01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yeah, the FT. Davis area is super for star gazing at night. Did you get a chance to tour the McDonald Observatory?
its funny the difference out there at night. the first time i ever saw a shooting star was out there. billions of bright stars every night. we used to make it a once a year trip, but it has turned into a once every 2 year trip. Mcdonald is so cool for geeks like me. :D

AP, did you camp or stay in the little motel they have there at the Park?

sinton66
01-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, if star gazing is geeky, then I guess I'm guilty too. I even own a telescope.;)

pirate44
01-03-2006, 08:30 PM
haha:D

here's a great getaway for all you who have missed out. you wont regret spending a few peaceful nights either staying here or camping at one of the sites at the state park

Indian Lodge at Davis Mts. state park (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/indian_lodge/)

sinton66
01-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I used to teach the astronomy merit badge for the scouts too.:D

pirate44
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I used to teach the astronomy merit badge for the scouts too.:D
i knew i should have been in Boy Scouts.

i always wanted to get a hatchet scalping badge;)

sinton66
01-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Heh, heh, you would have loved our troop, especially at summer camp. Water balloon wars are fun.:D

pirate44
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Heh, heh, you would have loved our troop, especially at summer camp. Water balloon wars are fun.:D

:inlove: now your gonna depress me if you tell me yall got to make funnel cakes at the festivals:( boy i love those things

sinton66
01-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Nope, no funnel cakes, we did fried cheese at Bayfest though.;)

pirate44
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Nope, no funnel cakes, we did fried cheese at Bayfest though.;)
mmmm...ive been craving a corn breaded deep fried hunk of cheese on a stick ever since "Corndog 7" closed down in the Mall.

AggieJohn
01-03-2006, 09:01 PM
mmmm...ive been craving a corn breaded deep fried hunk of cheese on a stick ever since "Corndog 7" closed down in the Mall. that store is the most redneck place ever created...

sinton66
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, unfortunately, the Troop had to quit doing it. It was a LOT of work, and initially we made decent money at it. After about our tenth year doing it, the festival started taking more and more, and we just got to where it wasn't worth it anymore. During our heyday though, it was nothing for us to sell 1500 of those things during that weekend.

44INAROW
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
mmmm...ive been craving a corn breaded deep fried hunk of cheese on a stick ever since "Corndog 7" closed down in the Mall.

They closed the Corn Dog 7 in Victoria Mall too :( sometimes I just crave a good old fashioned hand dipped corn dog :)