PDA

View Full Version : TO Colt

Titans
11-12-2002, 01:08 PM
I dont think Austin Reagen, Killeen Shoemaker, Gatesville, Marlin, Bandera, and Liberty Hill are exactly weak

Liberty Hill - WEAK as can be
Gatesville is NOT in Austin area
Marlin is NOT in Austin area
Bandera is NOT in Austin area
Killeen Shoemaker has NEVER been a consistent winner, besides, that's not Austin area
Austin Reagen - yeah right. One good year last year...that's about it.

Give me something else to prove your point.

bd0707
11-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Titan, just exactly what is your point? Is your argument about geography? Is your argument strength of schedule? Is your argument just for the sake of argument itself? Regardless of what any fans may post on this board, and however you may be irritated by it, the fact is that the Burnet Bulldogs have faced the schedule put before them and the results speak for themselves. they will also speak for themselves in the playoffs. Another fact is, Burnet has some good athletes and they have some exceptional athletes. If you find anything to argue about in what I say, then I believe it is choice #3, argument for the sake of argument. :p :p :p

Puppetmaster101
11-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Hey Titan shut up and leave Colt alone hes one of the 3 ninja's you know. Oh and shutup about our schedule being weak you know we probably had the hardest pre-season schedule in the state so shut your mouth because I dont think your even on a good football much less you know what highschool you went too. :D (Village Idiot) LOL :p

<small>[ November 12, 2002, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Puppetmaster101 ]</small>

29x281
11-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Posted on an earlier thread:

"NEVER, and I mean NEVER, give an Austin area school the nod for the state championship unless your name is Westlake.

Burnet, as good as you are in district, you are still in a weak sister football haven." -- Titans

What about LaGrange and Blanco? Are they in the Austin area? Thorndale? All those teams have won state titles in the past decade, and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

I do agree that the 4A and 5A districts in the Austin area lack some punch, but the lower classifications seem to hold their own in the playoffs. And I do agree that 25-AAA isn't that strong outside of Burnet. But, that's why the coaches did schedule Marlin and Gatesville and 4A teams. So if your point is that Austin area teams, and Burnet specifically, can't win it all because they play weak schedules, then Burnet's scheduling would seem to make that point invalid.

And if your point is that Austin area teams can't win state just because they're near Austin, then, as Mike Tyson would say, that's lucridous.