PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville's Future

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 09:59 AM
There has been a lot of talk from "the ville" about respect. It looks like the way the UIL is talking about re aligning that it would be very possible for Kirbyville to end up in the same 3-a district with Jasper, Silsbee, West-Orange Stark, and Bridge City. Newton would end up 2-a. Looks like you will have a weekly opportunity to gain respect. How bout them apples?

crimson blood
09-30-2003, 10:03 AM
ouch! say it aint so. eek!

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 10:05 AM
sphinx1906:
There has been a lot of talk from "the ville" about respect. It looks like the way the UIL is talking about re aligning that it would be very possible for Kirbyville to end up in the same 3-a district with Jasper, Silsbee, West-Orange Stark, and Bridge City. Newton would end up 2-a. Looks like you will have a weekly opportunity to gain respect. How bout them apples?I forgot that you worked for th UIL. Thanks for your wonderful insight on the whole situation.Don't worry about the Kats next year, they will be just fine. I guess the only game that people would hold against Kirbyville would be playing little 2A Newton. It is hard getting respect playing a 2A school.

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 10:11 AM
Compudyne, do you have a job? I don't but you need to get your butt to work. Speaking of 2-a's didn't kirbyville play San Augustine, timpson, Hemphill, and Tarkington? Oh yeah Tarkington is a 3-a my bad. Kirbyville people would hold it against you if you made the Kats play the Eagles if they didn't have to. Besides it is no fun to lose to a 2-a and we all know that is what would happen.

booger1
09-30-2003, 10:21 AM
I don't see what the problem is playing a 2A school. Many of them will give you a great game, probably even better than most 3A schools. I mean look at Celina when they were 2A, and Corrigan, Alto, Hemphill, Elysian Fields... the list can go on. Even if Newton does go to 2A they will still be a dominant school and if K-ville puts them on their schedule, it's not going to make it any easier for them. It's no worse than all these 3A schools playing 4A, still giving them a run for their money and mainly stomping the crap out of them!

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: booger1 ]</small>

JasperDog94
09-30-2003, 10:48 AM
I think the point was who you schedule. There's no shame in scheduling a smaller division. It's just when you schedule the weaker schools in the smaller division that looks bad. One or maybe two cupcake teams, but four or five is getting rediculous. (sp?)

spiveyrat
09-30-2003, 11:52 AM
sphinx1906:
There has been a lot of talk from "the ville" about respect. It looks like the way the UIL is talking about re aligning that it would be very possible for Kirbyville to end up in the same 3-a district with Jasper, Silsbee, West-Orange Stark, and Bridge City. Newton would end up 2-a. Looks like you will have a weekly opportunity to gain respect. How bout them apples?If that were to happen... wow, talk about your tough districts!

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 12:20 PM
sphinx1906:
Compudyne, do you have a job? I don't but you need to get your butt to work. Speaking of 2-a's didn't kirbyville play San Augustine, timpson, Hemphill, and Tarkington? Oh yeah Tarkington is a 3-a my bad. Kirbyville people would hold it against you if you made the Kats play the Eagles if they didn't have to. Besides it is no fun to lose to a 2-a and we all know that is what would happen.I do have a job. I am just not working today. I am on call but I have the ringer turned off. Spinx, you have really done your homework. I am impressed. Did you know that all 3 of the 2A schools mentioned are top 20 in the Collier Sharp Ratings. Not Exactly pushovers.

Now get back to the classifieds and find yourself a job. I am sure your parents are proud.

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Hm... I was under the impression that they didn't have a future?

Jk...

This topic's getting serious...

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Collier Sharp must be one smart cookie, so why did kirbyville play three 2-a schools in pre-district? they must have the same problem Newton has. Newton can't find anyone to play them in this area. they HAD to schedule Hempstead and Alphonso Crutch for this year and probably won't get to play them again due to the thrashing they recieved. From what I saw Newton would have been better off practicing anyway.

Backwoods
09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey Sphinx. It doesn't take much to rattle your cage does it? Take it easy guy. Don't get upshook. :rolleyes: wink wink

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 12:41 PM
sphinx1906:
Collier Sharp must be one smart cookie, so why did kirbyville play three 2-a schools in pre-district? they must have the same problem Newton has. Newton can't find anyone to play them in this area. they HAD to schedule Hempstead and Alphonso Crutch for this year and probably won't get to play them again due to the thrashing they recieved. From what I saw Newton would have been better off practicing anyway.Wrong again Sphinx, Kirbyville only played 2 2A schools. They scrimmaged the 3rd one. How can I enjoy my day off when I am constantly correcting you. Actually, you make it very enjoyable with all your incorrect statements. From what I have seen the past few years, Kirbyville was not having any trouble finding games. I imagine they have there pick of who to play. Newton on the other hand seems to have tough time getting teams to play them. That just comes with the territory. Don't get me wrong, you did make some true statements today. I commend you on being correct.

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm not shook. I just enjoy talking about topics that get people a little hyped up. I am not disrespecting anyone I'm just rustling a few feathers. Besides Compudyne always has a way of making comments that make me laugh. I believe that this is all in humor.

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 12:50 PM
sphinx1906:
I'm not shook. I just enjoy talking about topics that get people a little hyped up. I am not disrespecting anyone I'm just rustling a few feathers. Besides Compudyne always has a way of making comments that make me laugh. I believe that this is all in humor.OK, I take everything back. Everything I have ever said. Man, that really does feel better. Thanks.

Rocksolid
09-30-2003, 01:01 PM
Most the pre- district games Kirbyville had scheduled were tough games for them last year and they would definently of been tough games for the year before. (2 years ago Tarkington beet Kirbyville)

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Rocksolid:
Most the pre- district games Kirbyville had scheduled were tough games for them last year and they would definently of been tough games for the year before. (2 years ago Tarkington beet Kirbyville)Rock, I agree with you 100% Did Tarkington beat Kirbyville or did they beet Kirbyville. I am sorry, I am supposed to be nice today. Sorry again. Man, That really does feel better.

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 01:12 PM
say rocksolid, so in your honest opinion, do you really think that Kirbyville played as tough a pre-district as Newton? Man Compudyne you must really be enjoying this day off. You are being way to nice man.

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Wow Compudyne, I just saw a post in another thread that hammers the beloved Kats and you have nothing to say! Are you sick or something? The old card refers to the Kats as a door mat team for homecoming. Very interesting!!!

Rocksolid
09-30-2003, 01:27 PM
sphinx1906:
say rocksolid, so in your honest opinion, do you really think that Kirbyville played as tough a pre-district as Newton? Man Compudyne you must really be enjoying this day off. You are being way to nice man.In my opinion Kirbyville's schedule has not been as tough as Newton's, but the only 2 teams that were suppose to give them competition was Nac and BC. Beside those 2 teams it is pretty much the same. But remeber when Kirbyville picked their schedule is was based on the team from three years ago. I think next year Kville's schedule will be a lot tougher.

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 01:31 PM
sphinx1906:
Wow Compudyne, I just saw a post in another thread that hammers the beloved Kats and you have nothing to say! Are you sick or something? The old card refers to the Kats as a door mat team for homecoming. Very interesting!!!I was trying to watch As the World Turns or Guiding Light. I can never tell them apart. Anyway, I have decided to be nice all day today. It makes me feel good about myself. If the Old Card wants to bash Kirbyville in his own little way. Let him get after it. I don't have the time or energy to discuss how many QB's BC is playing and how many of those have a drivers license. And how many 2nd teamers got to play in the first half at every defensive position and how many had to wait for a ride when they got back because the didn't have a drivers license(Even though they probably all have cars already). I will not discuss it today.

JasperDog94
09-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Man, you guys must believe in tough love! :D

Backwoods
09-30-2003, 01:41 PM
OUCH!!!

The Bull
09-30-2003, 02:08 PM
I have been reading all this crap about Newton, Jasper, and Kirbyville for the past couple of weeks and it seems to me that the games should be decided by the athletes on the field not on a computer screen. All this talk about respect and easy schdules is for the birds, what kind of message are we sending the youth of today with all this speculation about who is better than who. Newton and Jasper have historically been good, Kirbyville was good in the eighties, but has fallen on hard times since, so give the kids a break and allow them t enjoy thier recent success. I hope everybody has a enjoyable evening and good luck to everybody in the upcoming games.

The Bull
09-30-2003, 02:09 PM
I have been reading all this crap about Newton, Jasper, and Kirbyville for the past couple of weeks and it seems to me that the games should be decided by the athletes on the field not on a computer screen. All this talk about respect and easy schdules is for the birds, what kind of message are we sending the youth of today with all this speculation about who is better than who. Newton and Jasper have historically been good, Kirbyville was good in the eighties, but has fallen on hard times since, so give the kids a break and allow them t enjoy thier recent success. I hope everybody has a enjoyable evening and good luck to everybody in the upcoming games.

mistanice
09-30-2003, 02:38 PM
I just got off the phone with Ms. Cleo. Her predictions were very similar to mine. She put Newton winning District, Jasper taking 2nd, and Diboll coming in at 3rd. Go figure.

Wildcat81
09-30-2003, 02:46 PM
mistanice:
I just got off the phone with Ms. Cleo. Her predictions were very similar to mine. She put Newton winning District, Jasper taking 2nd, and Diboll coming in at 3rd. Go figure.Better call her back she lied to you.

mistanice
09-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Looks like Kirbyville is coming to D-Town this year. You guys feel really confident this season.

sphinx1906
09-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey bull, pull the pickle out of your butt. this is not to discourage kids this is having a little fun. I think you got the name wrong however......you left off the suffix.(bull____)

crimson blood
09-30-2003, 03:19 PM
now now sphynx; don't make fun of bull, i think he stutters. :)

Backwoods
09-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Bull: If you check it out, you'll see that a lot of these messages are being posted by the youth of today (ie: "students".) Have a nice day.

Wildcat81
09-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Backwoods:
Bull: If you check it out, you'll see that a lot of these messages are being posted by the youth of today (ie: "students".) Have a nice day.Quite right Backwoods i'm not in school but alot of posters are and alot of them play ball on Friday night. :cool:

Backwoods
09-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks Wildcat81. We DO agree on some things. LOL. :D

The Bull
10-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Hey sphinx 1906 didn't you coach in Kirbyville a couple of years ago? I guess now that you are in Newton your a football expert, or should I say tennis expert. As for you crimson blood go play with your palm pilot and stat program. All of the above mentioned programs are doing well this year and I hope they continue to do well.

sphinx1906
10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Bull,Bull,Bull. You must be very good friends with Kvillewildcat60. For some reason the two of you believe I am a coach of tennis. If I am a tennis expert then the sport is bad shape. I did live in Kirbyville for a couple of years and I did enjoy the town. The football team was a little lacking to say the least. Now they are improving and that is great but it's these idiots like you that ruin it for them..... or should I say YALL. I grew up in Silsbee where our football team wasn't great. I moved to kirbyville where theres wasn't to good either. Now I live in Newton where they are good. I follow what they do as well as the rest of the district. I watch every game I can. So if that makes me an expert on football then so be it. I will be there to watch the Newton Kirbyville game and we will see what the deal is then. Otherwise Bull, I am happy that I occupy so much of your time trying to figure out who little ol me is. Keep up the good work.

spiveyrat
10-01-2003, 11:41 AM
Sounds like they hired Inspector Clouseau or maybe Inspector Gadget to do their detective work.

Wildcat81
10-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Backwoods:
Thanks Wildcat81. We DO agree on some things. LOL. :D your welcome backwoods I new alot of kids from newton when i was growing up.

crimson blood
10-01-2003, 12:41 PM
bull, surely you know that stats don't tell the whole story. if a 5a school defeats a class a in double overtime many look at that as a w for the smaller school. just because the dogs made it to semi's last year and this year are more w's in preseason than losses doesnt mean they're hitting on all sillyduh's. ya can drive a camaro thru the pine forest but that don't make it a log truck.
as to "palm pilot" i've never owned one, but they look like fun. :p

Big Red
10-01-2003, 01:13 PM
The Bull:
Hey sphinx 1906 didn't you coach in Kirbyville a couple of years ago? I guess now that you are in Newton your a football expert, or should I say tennis expert. As for you crimson blood go play with your palm pilot and stat program. All of the above mentioned programs are doing well this year and I hope they continue to do well.BULL I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.

sphinx1906
10-01-2003, 01:25 PM
so now I have another admirer. Can I run for prom king? tell me who this guy is so I can tell him that he has a fan club. To me it looks like a bunch of kids that have talked some smack and now that someone has talked it back they are trying to find a scapegoat. I guess I better call the school in Newton and inform them that they have a new employee. Does this job come with one of those little tu-tu's tennis players wear. I didn't even know Newton had a tennis team.

KvilleWildcats60
10-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Does this job come with one of those little tu-tu's tennis players wear. I didn't even know Newton had a tennis team. Yeah sure what size?