PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood/Bandera Game

big blue dog
12-21-2002, 11:49 PM
How 'bout them Dogs!!!!!

To the Greenwood players: You are an awesome team! Keep your heads high. This game could have easily gone the other way. You gave us the game of a lifetime!

To the Greenwood fans: You have a team to be proud of. You showed great spirit and support for your team!

To the STATE CHAMPIONS BANDERA BULLDOGS: We are so proud of you guys! You are the most awesome bunch! You deserve this honor. You have been an inpiration to all the community! Thanks for the best ride of our lives! Enjoy your win! And have a joyous holiday!

To the Bandera Fans: Wasn't this the best?! Although most of us could not have withstood another OT.

CONGRATULATIONS BANDERA!!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-22-2002, 12:45 AM
Hats off to Bandera - you guys played an awesome game! That #35 is something else!! It was a great game - didn't have the ending I was hoping for - but a great game none-the-less. I think Security finally gave up trying to control the rowdy fans - on the Greenwood side anyway!
Anyway, I was sad we didn't win, but happy for Bandera anyway! Ya'll were ready for us and deserved the win! Congratulations!!

Bandera YaYa
12-22-2002, 01:46 AM
THANKS FOR THE CONGRATS.....RANGERMOM YOU ARE NICE AND I APPRECIATE THE WORDS...I HOPE YOU ALL GOT SAFELY BACK TO MIDLAND.....YOU ARE WINNERS, TOO .....GOING TO STATE PROVES THAT!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU IN THE FUTURE!!!

P.S. THIS IS TO #10 AND #7: ALL THOSE CHEAP KICKS TO OUR PLAYERS LEGS, HEADS, AND GROIN DIDN'T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE, NOW DID IT???
SHAME ON YOU!!!

BULLDOGFAN
12-22-2002, 01:57 AM
You tell them Ya Ya, that was pure B.S. what # 10 and # 7 did. They were the reall losers of the game.

Ranger Mom 70
12-22-2002, 11:27 AM
Congratulations on a GREAT Win Bandera !!! It was a great game - one we will all remember for a long time !! Enjoy your Victory - you earned it!!

I just wanted to reply to the comments on #7 and #10 - this was a very emotional game - for both teams and for ALL players - we as fans don't always see what is going on down on the field and who is doing what first - just remember these are Boys - and we should be PROUD of all of them and ssignaling out a couple of our boys for unsportsman-like conduct is in very poor taste. A couple of Bandera players could also be signaled out but I won't do that - Enjoy your win - it doesn't have to include any "name-calling"

Once again - Bandera congratulations !! Enjoy your victory - maybe - just maybe - we will meet up again next year !!

audasmom7
12-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to say Congratulations to the Bulldogs it was a awesome game and they are a great team. NOW to the ones who want to single my son out have some class. Jeremy had a great game.He pretty much ran where he willed and that includes right through your line, he has a great line. Those boys are in it through thick and thin. I'm not going to defend him and say he didn't do this or that,and I'm not going to single guys out from the bandera side with little things either, because believe me it goes both ways. My son played his heart out, So don't think I'm going to sit by and let two wannabees bad mouth him. I recall him helping tacklers up after a good solid hit and handing the ball to the referee after plays. I didn't see him kick anyone on any play. I'm sure it could have been when he was down and a player was twisting his knee that has been injured for five games and was probably trying to get away and end the pain when he was on the ground and clearly down.I have never in my life been prouder of a group of guy's these Rangers will always have a special place in my heart.
LOVE YA BLUE

sinton66
12-22-2002, 07:08 PM
I also was at this game, and I didn't see any of this going on either. #7, Jeremy Audas is an awesome running back. My eyes were glued on him everytime he had the ball, I think I would have noticed this conduct. Greenwood is a very good team. Bandera is to be congratulated, but you guys don't need to stir up this sort of stuff. Celebrate your victory, but don't cheapen it like this.

BULLDOGFAN
12-22-2002, 07:36 PM
O'kay, I will let this die after this. The film doesn't lie.

We never said whoever # 7 and # 10 wern't good players. In fact they are awesome players. But Bandera has played 16 quality teams through the playoff's. Some with even questionable reputations. But not once did you ever hear anyone from Bandera say anyone took cheap shots until this game. And I consider a cheap shot as something that happens after the play. During the play everything is legal. Enough said.

Let's just say a lot of people in town are commenting about their play and it isn't about how good they are.

DRuMLiNeSPYKe2004
12-22-2002, 09:13 PM
I also have a comment about !!!SOME!!! (and I stress the word SOME) Greenwood fans. While over all in general it was a good crowd, the foghorn chorus was simply too much for me. There is a reason the band is there and thats to make noise and sound good. When foghorns are present, it makes it extremely hard to hear them. The band busts their butts to sound good. They practice forever and when things like that drown them out, its a shame and a waste of good time. Second of all, some VERY mature Greenwood fans thought it would be a GREAT idea to blast their foghorns at the band while they were lining up WHILE talking smack to the band kids. WHAT ARE BAND KIDS GOING TO DO YOU? Smack you around with a bass drum for awhile? Hop the fence and beat you down with a flute? They can't help it if their team is winning or something bad happened on the field because THEY DONT PLAY FOOTBALL *and if they did since two do, they're in the locker room*!!! All they're there to do is provide sideline entertainment during the game and support the team and to show up the other band. And also, some GENIUS thought it was funny to bring a whistle and blow it at the band so as to TRY and confuse the band kids while on the field. Like they can't tell the difference between an on the field whistle and a sideline whistle. Also, they used voice commands most of the time anyways. *sigh* But overall I thought that Greenwood fans were terrific and congratulations on an exceptional season! Hope to see you next year in playoffs!

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: DRuMLiNeSPYKe2004 ]</small>

RANGERFAN31
12-22-2002, 10:15 PM
FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY CONGRATS TO THE BULLDOGS AND THEIR FANS.

NOW I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY I ALSO WATCHED THE GAME AND THE FILM THANKS TO BIG 2 NEWS I DID NOT SEE ANY THING LIKE THAT GOING ON #7 AND #10 ARE GOOD KIDS AND THEY PLAY THE GAME VERY VERY WELL I GUESS THATS WHY SOME CAN NOT STAND IT. AND I HEARD HORNS ON THE BULLDOGS SIDE AS WELL AS THE RANGERS SIDE.

PS.I THINK IT WAS ONE HELL OF A GAME THIS GAME WAS ALOT BETTER THAN SOME PRO GAMES. BULLDOG FANS ENJOY YOUR WIN AND GO OUT IN STYLE.

eye of the tiger
12-22-2002, 10:24 PM
What a game this must have been. Congrats to both teams. Bandera,--YOU ARE THE CHAMPS--It doesn't get any better. Greenwood, What a great season. Hold your heads high.

RANGERFAN31
12-22-2002, 10:41 PM
EYE OF THE TIGER YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IS WAS AWSOME GAME. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED THIER HEARTS OUT. WHEN SOMEONE WAS TACKLED THE OTHER TEAM HELPED THEM UP.THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN.

GO RANGERS WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.